10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know if I can take anyone seriously who thinks Flacco outplayed Peyton Manning this year. I say give him a pay cut just for being completely delusional, and spend the rest of the money sending him to therapy.
    he's the best quarterback in the NFL

I heard it from the league's leading expert on quarterbacks, Joe Flacco

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I can take anyone seriously who thinks Flacco outplayed Peyton Manning this year. I say give him a pay cut just for being completely delusional, and spend the rest of the money sending him to therapy.
    Eh. I'll wait a week before I really decide on how I feel. I hope the ravens don't give in, because Flacco knows he can't get that much money anywhere else.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:14 PM ----------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcus-russell/

AHAH. Holy shit I can't stop laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the Jets doing that if only to make Sanchez look better, either that or they draft Barkley in the first round. Just because.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

best qb in the league for sure

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...played-peyton/

I don't know if I can live in a world where Flacco is paid as much as Peyton. They, like Alex Smith should of waited till after the bowl to spill the beans.
    Not like it's a surprise; they also didn't want to rework his contract in the middle of this season-which I agree with-but they still brought this on themselves.

Thought this comment summed it up well:
    I just don’t see Flacco playing lights out football, he’s definitely playing at a high level right now, but not in the same way that Brady, Brees and Manning are playing…tough situation for Ozzie Newsome because he wants to reward Flacco, but he also has a salary cap to manage…
    I actually like Skinny, and the OC change seems to have really found a way to utilize his strengths and Rice in the same game. He's just so insecure. Listening to guys talk about wanting a bigger salary just for prestige, so they can call themselves "the most paid athlete" for their position as if it actually makes them the best, is nauseating.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2013-01-29 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I never get is why athletes never realise it's a 2 way street. Yes, you can ask for the maximum amount of money you can get and go to the team that will pay you most BUT that's a pretty good way to end up on a hopeless team with bad salary management that doesn't even make the play-offs. So do that OR stick with the team that got you to the Superbowl and make things work like sensible people would and have a much better chance to actually be in the post season and get (more) rings. (That's me assuming that football players play to win, not play to get paid)

EDIT: On the Russell "comeback". Only place he was ever any good was if you let Madden do it's random thing, he'd usually end up a multi ring winning QB on some hot shot team. It'd be hilarious if even got back and was a succesful back up at this point. I don't think anybody would have seen that coming when he left the league.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-01-29 at 01:35 PM.

Really, it's the Ravens fault for letting Flacco's deal run out. Franchise QB's deals don't run out. Even if they lose the Super Bowl, they're gonna have to pay him more than he's worth. And they'll do it, because if they don't they're fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    who would have said Flacco was a legitimate franchise QB a year, or even a month ago?

this was the worst case scenario for not signing him, and with that worst case scenario taking them to the Superbowl they are probably ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    [imttp://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/01/13/usp-nfl_-afc-divisional-round-baltimore-ravens-at-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67cdb10c81[/img]

best qb in the league for sure
    Flaco is the best road playoff qb of all time. Looks at his record, he has more wins than joe, peyton and elway combined. They listed like 10 names on the radio, combined them and he sitll had more.

Peyton on the other hand is the best regular season qb of all time, some say marino but when they put the dress on qb's their stats went way up. Peyton has won 2 games on the road in the playoffs, flacco had more this year.

http://6thring.com/nfl-qb-playoff-re...y-manning.html

Maybe not, eli looking good on the road. Its amazing how bad the greatest qb's off all time were on the road. Elway has 2 more wins on the road than tebow. Gotta love that home cooking
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-29 at 06:18 PM.

If it hadn't been for serious lapses by multiple defensive players, Flacco's approach of throwing the ball as high in the air as possible would have landed him at home, probably watching NE and SF in the superbowl. If by best road QB you mean luckiest deep ball in the league, sure. Guy's a monster.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So no Rams job for Rob Ryan. Will he really be out of the NFL next year?

Not looking good for the nfl or ray lewis. Proof he took a banned substance yet never tested positive. Dont see how they can win this one, its either bad testing or they sat on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Not looking good for the nfl or ray lewis. Proof he took a banned substance yet never tested positive. Dont see how they can win this one, its either bad testing or they sat on it.
    dafuk

Sounds like Lance Armstrong 2.0, just I really hope he wasn't actually doing this shit.

Uh oh. Can't say I'd be surprised if it's bad testing though, they don't seem to have the best track record in high profile cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if anything, he took something to help him heal, that contained something banned. Once. Aren't there special rules when it comes to recovering from an injury anyway?

Randy Moss claimed himself as the greatest receiver of all time. More delusional athletes. I guess he fits in well at the Super Bowl, he can hang out with Joe Flacco and the two of them together can cause a rip in the space-time something something.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, if anything, he took something to help him heal, that contained something banned. Once. Aren't there special rules when it comes to recovering from an injury anyway?
    No there aren't special rules. Banned is banned. Does this change my opinion of Lewis at all? Nope not really. The whole deer antler thing isn't exactly a new technique. Guys have been doing that for years. I'm sure an enormous amount of guys in the league dope. You don't turn into the behemoths some of the lineman and linebackers are without a little something extra besides lifting.

As far as raw talent goes, ya I could see Moss having a claim at best ever. I could see him having a claim at blown potential too although that is tougher as long as the 47 1st round picks the Lions blew on receivers in the 2000s continue to exist. Rice is still the best and Moss isn't close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    who would have said Flacco was a legitimate franchise QB a year, or even a month ago?

this was the worst case scenario for not signing him, and with that worst case scenario taking them to the Superbowl they are probably ok with it
    Even a year ago I would have said he's better than every QB other than Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Rodgers and the 2011 version of Alex Smith. The drop off from those QBs to Flacco is pretty steep, but re-signing the Flacc man was always in the Ravens best interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Even a year ago I would have said he's better than every QB other than Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Rodgers and the 2011 version of Alex Smith. The drop off from those QBs to Flacco is pretty steep, but re-signing the Flacc man was always in the Ravens best interest.
    Nope, I don't see it. Watched the game against Denver in the playoffs. All of those deep passes that padded his stats, were way off the mark and he's only lucky he has big and fast receivers. He throws the deep ball so much, but he's wildly inaccurate with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't see it. Watched the game against Denver in the playoffs. All of those deep passes that padded his stats, were way off the mark and he's only lucky he has big and fast receivers. He throws the deep ball so much, but he's wildly inaccurate with it.

There you go.

Wildly inaccurate with his deep ball? Compared to who? Last I heard Flacco's deep ball (20+ yards) was more accurate than any other QB's.

If you look at Flacco's stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FlacJo00.htm

He's pretty consistently above average. He had a bad year last year (by his standards, not league average standards) and it looks like the Ravens were thinking he would continue to decline. He didn't. In 2012 he posted his lowest INT rate, his most passing yards and took his team to that whole Super Bowl thing.