10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I remember last year when he got caught passed out in the middle of an intersection high on pot.

ROFL I stumbled upon this story after reading the anti-gay comments from Culliver

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2387--nfl.html

Here are some great excerpts from it:
    "a dispute over soy sauce at Su Hong restaurant."
    "Harris got upset at his friend, Dimitri Geier, for pouring soy sauce on a plate of rice."
    "Harris accused Geier of stealing his underwear and tried pulling the man's pants down."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who the other guy is making completely retarded comments, but Skip Bayless proves once again how totally inept he is at basic human thought http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ield-goals-nfl

I'm so sick of this sentiment. Not to mention, yes, some of these kickers are athletic. Ever seen the kicker for Alabama? Former linebacker.

What I really don't get, is how can I possibly agree with Steven A. Smith? It makes me....cringe.

Deleted
    Yes, let's remove the only person that touches the ball with his foot in the game of "Football" lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I still think the only thing that needs to be changed about kicking is the extra point.

They seem to forget how the NFL altered rules to make the game more offensively friendly and to drive up points per game. People don't like defensive battles and the effect that would happen as a result of eliminating field goals would be lower scoring games vs defensive teams.

They don't need to change it.

All that needed was some expletives and replacing "people" with "sheeple", and you'd think it was written by Alex Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Driver is retiring. Not like it really matters, Green bay has probably the deepest receiver core in the league.

Dan Marino apparently had a child with a CBS employee in 2005

Kind of odd, given his usual appearance of being pretty "squeaky-clean" as they put it. Assuming this is the first time his wife is hearing about it, I can't imagine how that will go considering he's been married so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know who the other guy is making completely retarded comments, but Skip Bayless proves once again how totally inept he is at basic human thought http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ield-goals-nfl

I'm so sick of this sentiment. Not to mention, yes, some of these kickers are athletic. Ever seen the kicker for Alabama? Former linebacker.

What I really don't get, is how can I possibly agree with Steven A. Smith? It makes me....cringe.
    Bayless is absolutely saying anything and everything that gets responses. I pointed out in an article a few pages back he made fun of a Player for having average stats, but was winning, and then he turns around and says the stats dont matter because all Tim Tebow does is win.

So after that i completely discredited his opinion on everything because this was purely an attempt to get a rise out of people. Stephen A. said it best. "theyre good drama" And thats what makes football so great, the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Driver retiring doesn't actaully hit GB that hard, not because of the deep WR corps: but because his contract was up. I believe that is why he retired, because he was unlikely to get another contract with Green Bay, they we likely to let him and Jennings both walk this offseason.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Yes, let's remove the only person that touches the ball with his foot in the game of "Football" lol...
    punters punt, kickers kick

less than 1% of NCAA/NFL teams use the same guy for both

kicking isn't punting

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Bayless is absolutely saying anything and everything that gets responses. I pointed out in an article a few pages back he made fun of a Player for having average stats, but was winning, and then he turns around and says the stats dont matter because all Tim Tebow does is win.

So after that i completely discredited his opinion on everything because this was purely an attempt to get a rise out of people. Stephen A. said it best. "theyre good drama" And thats what makes football so great, the drama.
    Yeah Skip's not worth listening to. He's a glorified tabloid reporter who knows how to manipulate his audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/JonRyan9/status/297191755021946880

Whats up with kickers and them being so... logical.

his comments dont warrant a suspension. I cant see how they broke any rule at all. You can not like the guy for what he said, thats your own initiative, shouldnt affect whether he plays or not.

Suspending the guy doesn't make the players more tolerant. It just means they hide their gay-bashing. If anything you should want the players to express their real beliefs because now you can see what you can do to change those beliefs. Have the NFL offer some sensitivity training. But don't suspend the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    his comments dont warrant a suspension. I cant see how they broke any rule at all. You can not like the guy for what he said, thats your own initiative, shouldnt affect whether he plays or not.
    I'd suspend him for the terrible apology he coughed up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-gay-teammate/

Thats also pretty good.

I still wonder how he'd react if some white dude said the same thing about black teammates.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still find it funny how much coverage this story is getting. Should anyone be surprised by this? Hell we have politicians say this stuff every single day. It is the culture of slightly less than half this country. Culliver is clearly a borderline retard anyways. There is one organization that should be really, really ashamed in all of this, the University of South Carolina who funded this guys schooling for years and he can barely speak English. That should be the real end result out of all of this. Gay equality is going to come as soon as the old people die and idiots like Culliver realize gee 40-50 years ago people said the same thing about my race, maybe I'm stupid. When is the NCAA going to step up to the plate here and say look, we can't keep pouring millions into the scholarships for these fucking idiots who can barely speak English and are absolute idiots, while good, smart kids who add actual shit to society leave school with six digits of debt. If these kids are going to get this level of investment they should show just a slight bit of intelligence when they get done. You know who should leave school with $100,000 in debt? Athletes who go on to make millions, not nurses or accountants that go on to make $40,000 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I still wonder how he'd react if some white dude said the same thing about black teammates.
    I think trying to compare sexual orientation to race isnt accurate at all. (I dont mean to open Pandora's box this comment but) Last I checked people werent born out of the womb gay, you cant look at someone and instantly see they are gay. You are however born black, you can also see if someone is black. By hating on someone because of their race alone is hating something they were born with and can never change, being gay is not the same.

I think what Culliver was trying to say and did a very horrible job of saying is (thanks to that education Conscript mentioned), he wouldnt be comfortable having gay players in the locker room with him. I think that is the biggest fear with homosexuality in sports, not that other players will outright hate them. But that they will lose their comfort around them and would think twice about the same feelings of brotherhood they would normally give to a teammate. Im not saying its right, I can however see where they are coming from since these are guys that lets face it, they are going to see naked on a somewhat frequent basis, teams usually shower and dress together. And thats the fear, the gay guys dont want to come out because they dont want to be treated any differently than anyone else, they want the same brotherhood everybody else gets. And the straight guys who arent comfortable with it, dont want to have to second guess what a guy is thinking or looking at. So both sides usually would rather just not deal with it, and thats why he said come out after football. and thats why most players do (if they are in fact gay). Anyways I really doubt its hatred, just comfort.

We had a openly gay (technically bi) guy on the wrestling team and he would frequently comment on other guy's naked bodies and try and slap their ass in the shower and basically do a bunch of other stuff that is way crossing the line. He was also like the biggest dude so not many people can openly step up to him (Plus who is gonna want to fight while naked). I highly doubt most gay guys are like that yet even still, its people like that which are driving the insecurity of these athletes.

I think trying to compare sexual orientation to race isnt accurate at all. (I dont mean to open Pandora's box this comment but) Last I checked people werent born out of the womb gay, you cant look at someone and instantly see they are gay. You are however born black, you can also see if someone is black. By hating on someone because of their race alone is hating something they were born with and can never change, being gay is not the same.
    Yes, it is. Yes, they are. Yes, sometimes you can. And yes, it is.

The main issue I take with black people (or any minority, but mostly blacks) having something against homosexuality is that it wasn't long ago some old white guys figured they didn't deserve civil rights. For a people that, in the grand scope of history, just recently became recognized as actual human beings to turn around and treat others the way they were treated so recently - and still to this day in some areas - makes me shake my head. I don't mean to say that just because you're black you have to love gays and not have any prejudice in your heart, but I think it's incredibly ignorant to treat someone the way your grandparents fought to not be treated.

10+ Year Old Account
    since you can't actually prove any of the things you just said, and since they don't really fit the scope of this thread, lets move on

education can't fight bigotry on its own, whether it be against sexual preference or against people's manner of speech...