Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the supposed price for the Alex Smith trade.

Looks like the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick this year and a conditional pick next year. Read that it's no lower than a 3rd rounder but could also be a 2nd rounder (assuming depending on his performance).

Yikes. That seems crazy expensive for a guy that looked like he could potentially get cut. lol
    Considering that Carson Palmer went for 2 first rounders and Kevin Kolb went for a second-rounder and a pro bowl cornerback, this is actually a good deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the most racist crap I've ever seen on ESPN. Minutes of what basically amounts to "lol England doesn't know anything about NFL". They asked random people random questions about football, which of course got mixed results, because are you really going to expect random people to know things about a sport that doesn't exist in their country? Even worse, the racist crap gets worse when NFL Live then comes up with British versions of NFL team, and the hosts are just laughing it up like nothing's wrong.

I honestly want to complain about it, but I would not know where to go to let them know how incredibly stupid they are.

Sounds like an episode of Street Smarts to me. I'm not really sure if that counts as racist unless they are blatantly saying English people are idiots or something along those lines. If some England show came here and asked us about Cricket and we gave answers that were way off I wouldnt find it racist for those hosts to laugh and think its funny.

And apparently some NFL teams are asking players if they have girlfriends or are attracted to women, that seems kind of inappropriate
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-27 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the worst part. After ribbing and having a laugh at a nation's expense for something that they have no knowledge of and are justified in doing so, they then start giving the NFL teams different names. Let's see. " Dandy Fish", "the Jolly Good Biters", "And then, of course, the Uncouth Norsemen, the Minnesota Vikings".

Remember the episode of Family Guy with the London Sillynannies? That's basically what they're doing.

Trade makes sense to me for KC. Good, sometimes great QB in free agency, biggest need is QB, lack of QB talent in the draft - not a bad pickup. Honestly if it wasn't for their dreadful QB situation I could see them at at 8-8 last year. They've got some good skill positions on offense, just need someone who can deliver on play-action passes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    And apparently some NFL teams are asking players if they have girlfriends or are attracted to women, that seems kind of inappropriate
    probably the Dolphins

England isn't a race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    NFL seems to allready be investigating this. Good thing too. After that 49'er made those anti-gay remarks before the superbowl and some of his team mates not really denying that's how they felt, it's not a smart thing to now have team executives reinforce the image that the NFL has some anti-gay tendencies top to bottom. There's no profession or work field exempt from having gay people being there and working there, NFL included, so it's a stupid way to go about things.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/cnZIgws.jpg

Fucking Fitzpatrick one made me rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck yeah Philip Rivers

I don't think I know pokemon well enough to get most of these

Metapod Sanchez is Sanchez's new nickname. Any time someone mentions him in this thread, he needs to have Metapod in front of his name or 3 day ban. Second offense is permaban.

Conscript needs mod powers back so he can enforce this

am i the only one failing to understand this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are all Gen 1 pokemon, which I know quite well. And I still only get a couple of them. Electabuzz for Cam, and I'm guessing that's Machoke for Romo ("choke")

Blaine Gabbert as magikarp means he's going to evolve into a total fucking badass

i dunno man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Blaine Gabbert as magikarp means he's going to evolve into a total fucking badass

i dunno man
    That is too true.

Ok, I get Brady, Manning, and Rodgers being some of the most powerful in the game. But that leaves Drew Brees as Kabutops? Odd. The three rookies are the starters, and the original versions because they're young. Except, Russell Wilson is Ivysaur, not Bulbasaur, so I guess the creator thought he was more evolved. Big Ben is Nidoking because he's tough as hell. I guess Kaepernick is Spearow because he can fly? Eli is Slowbro because, well, because he's a bro? Whoever-the-Dolphins-QB-is-this-week as Pikachu? Not getting that one, or any of the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Flacco one is the only one that inherently makes sense to me

Tom Brady is Mewtwo (best in the game by far; extremely overpowered)
    Rodgers is Alakazam (who is like Mewtwo in every way only slightly weaker; still one of the best non-overpowered ones)
    Peyton is Dragonite (one of the best, also kinda looks like him)
    Flacco is Farfetch'd (bad but rare; also kinda looks like him)
    Roethlisberger is Rhydon, not Nidoking (DUH)
    Weeden is Weedle (because seriously, how could you not make him Weedle with a name like that?)
    Vick is Arcanine (insert dog joke here)
    Eli is Slowbro (he's a bro, he looks slow, and he also kinda looks like him)
    Sanchez is Metapod (Metapod can't do anything except Harden, which raises his defense, which is a subtle way of saying Sanchez's defense bails him out)

Seriously how do you guys not know Pokemon? Isn't this a video game forum??? What the fuck were you doing when you were little, playing outside?

10+ Year Old Account
    The rookie QB class last year is the 3 starters in gen 1 with Tannehill as pikachu. Wilson is Ivysaur because he won a playoff game while RG3 and Luck didn't.

Another bonus reference, Brees' pokemon is a reference to him being a dome baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Metapod Sanchez is Sanchez's new nickname. Any time someone mentions him in this thread, he needs to have Metapod in front of his name or 3 day ban. Second offense is permaban.

Conscript needs mod powers back so he can enforce this
    Conscript isn't a Mod anymore? I noticed he hasn't posted in this thread in awhile.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Another bonus reference, Brees' pokemon is a reference to him being a dome baby.
    Good call. I was wondering why the hell he was Kabuto when that's literally one of the most useless Pokes in the game. Dome baby reference makes perfect sense.

I miss the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I miss the NFL.
    Draft in a month, plenty of NFL at the moment still. It's after the draft that the real news drop is and it's really downtime and nothing happens but people training and contracts being hammered out for draft picks and such. That's the point I usualkly start forgetting about the NFL till like late August rolls around and I catch a glimps of something football related somewhere.