10+ Year Old Account
    So Flacco will play Unitas in a movie some of Unitas's kids are fuming about. With all the money he's getting I don't see why he'd risk getting involved in a controversial thing like that.

Glad as I am that the Helmet Catch won't win the whole bracket thing NFL.com had going on, I still think something is extremely fishy about it. There's now apparently been 40-50 million votes on each entry of the final bracket. I seriously doubt this thing had that kind of attention nor do I think NFL.com had that kind of visitor numbers, especially in this down time between free agency and the draft.

And then the thing that made my footbal day, apparently Gronkowski's arm is still screwed up with infection and he now might miss the opener if he has to get another operation. That is, if his arm doesn't just outright fall off at some point, which would not even make me blink at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    an unremarkable punt return was leading last I checked, I don't know why that play got out of the first round, every good return man has had a return like that one, meanwhile the truly awesome Steve Young run was behind inexplicably

10+ Year Old Account
    Booooo karma.

Making fun of Rolando McClain may come back and bite me in the butt. Looks like the Ravens are close to signing him. -.-
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone's capable of backhanding him hard enough that he stops being a pillock off the field, he's an excellent player.

Mostly he just needed to get out of Oakland.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If someone's capable of backhanding him hard enough that he stops being a pillock off the field, he's an excellent player.

Mostly he just needed to get out of Oakland.
    The problem with all players who go to Oakland is just that. It's Oakland. Colts signed DHB last week, and I can't wait to see what he'll do on a good team with a great QB in Andrew Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    The problem with all players who go to Oakland is just that. It's Oakland. Colts signed DHB last week, and I can't wait to see what he'll do on a good team with a great QB in Andrew Luck.
    The issue isn't just in the club, some players need to get out of the area itself and ideally not even stay in California. No clue why Oakland released Bey though, one of the best receivers they have, it's like they have a loathing for first round draft picks.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Booooo karma.

Making fun of Rolando McClain may come back and bite me in the butt. Looks like the Ravens are close to signing him. -.-
    I had that with Chad Johnson. One minute I'm making fun of him that he's washed up and highly overrated and the next he's a Patriot and I'm stuck with trying to ignore his existence while he has his worst season ever. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The issue isn't just in the club, some players need to get out of the area itself and ideally not even stay in California. No clue why Oakland released Bey though, one of the best receivers they have, it's like they have a loathing for first round draft picks.
    Dunno either, but DHB has never had a good QB throwing to him. He had Palmer last two seasons, but that isn't really saying much. I think going to Indy and learning from Wayne will turn his career around.

10+ Year Old Account
    aww crap, now I need to go back in the thread and see who I've been making fun of

let's see, I made fun of Stallworth because fuck that guy, he won't ever be in a Saints uni again, so I don't have to worry about karma there
    and I made fun of Giselle, probably won't sign her either

I think I'm OK
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-04-10 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks signed Brady Quinn (lol) and Antoine Winfield.

Mike Holmgren just announced he will be doing NFL/Seahawks coverage for a local Seattle sports radio station.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7265--nfl.html

Richard Sherman claims half the league uses Adderall and it needs to be dropped off the banned list.

I don't know, man, this sounds like such a douchy move. "Oh yeah, I totally wasn't taking it, but everybody else is."

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you CAN take Adderall with permission, I see a point to be made. Though I do agree with you. Seems messed up.

Also Winfield wasn't signed, just its highly likely.

After watching him on First Take seems pretty apparent hes a douche regardless

I dont understand the big deal in Adderall though. I actually found it annoying to take. It made me very depressing and gave headaches, but it is true it makes you focus hard and care a lot more than you would normally. Not sure I would really call that a "performance enhancing drug" since its not much different than taking something to reduce your pain level to "enhance performance"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Considering you CAN take Adderall with permission, I see a point to be made. Though I do agree with you. Seems messed up.

Also Winfield wasn't signed, just its highly likely.
    That's kind of the point, isn't it? It's something that's allowed as long as you have permission (i.e., a prescription). Something these guys could easily obtain with the way doctors hand out prescriptions now-a-days. But none of the guys being caught have that, which easily shows that they're taking the drug for something other than it's intended purpose.

Sounds like Gronkowski is delaying his next forearm surgery. The last thing you wanna hear when a guy has already had mutiple surgeries on the same arm, but it does sound like there's a good chance he'll be ready for the start of the season.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 02:41 PM ----------

Big Shock.

There are some around the league that are questioning Belichick and the Pat's sincerity/integrity in regards to the offer sheet for Pitt. WR Emmanuel Sanders. Some think they already have a long term deal in place w/ Sanders. The point being, the Steelers might have the cap room to match a long term, team friendly deal, but they don't have the cap room to match the $2.5 Mil., one year offer; at least not for a 3rd WR. The Pats would sign him to the one year offer sheet, and then sign him to an extension/long term deal that spreads that guaranteed $2.5 Mil. out over a couple years. The only realistic option for the Steelers would be to try and sign him to a long term deal, but they'd have to do it by Sunday (deadline).

Quote Originally Posted by an AFC Executive
    I don't believe for a second that Bill Belichick is giving up a third-round pick for Sanders for only one year. Yeah, if it was October and you were desperate for a specific guy because you thought he would make a difference, maybe. But Sanders isn't that type of guy. Nice potential, he has flashed some ability, but you don't do this.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the actual press released transcripts of the Sherman interview, it sounds like he is indeed saying that half the league takes it "with permission"

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously we've got a bit of a news lull here if we're still listening to Sherman, but its only two weeks 'til the draft, its a lot more interesting when your team has a 1st rounder, so I'm looking forward to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    obviously we've got a bit of a news lull here if we're still listening to Sherman, but its only two weeks 'til the draft, its a lot more interesting when your team has a 1st rounder, so I'm looking forward to it
    Conscript had an IRC channel set up last year. I haven't seen him around, but during the draft, if people wanna hang out in a channel, we can set one up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I really don't care for the draft this year at all. I will watch the first two rounds and probably nothing after that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is not the 1st to claim half the league is on PED. Former nfl safety darren sharper (on nfl network) said more than 50% were using.
    You cared enough to post.