10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Shoelace taken by the Jags. Grats Denard, you found a team where you are the best QB on the roster.
    His draft position says wide receiver, lol.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ughhh Tylor Wilson goes to the freaken Raiders god why do they keep picking great Arkansas players just to ruin their careers.

10+ Year Old Account
    9ers took Lattimore. And the Seahawks took another effin RB. Thats weird. Looks like Mike Rob is going to be competing this offseason.

Hah, Denver just signed Shaun Philips. Dude was pretty beastly a few years ago, hopefully he can contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    that every player who leaves the Chargers seems to end up in Denver or New England is why I misplaced my Chargers fan card a few years back

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots took 3 defensive players from Rutgers. I seriously doubt that that's a coincedence, since Belichick's son was a walk on for the Rutger's Football team in 2011. With those Rutger's players all looking like players that might have had a higher grade on the Patriots boards then other's it's kinda making me scratch my head.

I mean I know very, very, very little about college ball, but Rutger's doesn't look like it's a top tier, highly succesful team that's a prime candidate to drain of lots of football prospects.

I know the conventional wisdom is to trust in Belichick and the front office, but damn why do they always make picks that make me go "what?".

Then again they drafted 2 TE's that made me wonder what the fuck they were doing, and they made that work pretty decently

Here's to hoping that all these Rutger's players coming in improve the team just as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of the Niner's draft this year. Until the fifth round, I didn't go "Who?" Picking up both Patton AND Lattimore in the fourth no less? Yes please! I wanted Carradine, Lattimore, and Patton in the first place. Reid is a great pick up too, Goldson 2.0 as far as i can tell, with a higher upside, and lower price tag. McDonald is able to step right in for Walker, be a bigger target, and theoretically drop fewer passes, I mean: how can you drop more than Delanie anyways?

Oh, and signing that gigantic Brit D-lineman, I don't recall his name off hand, but he could be a very solid backup should he make the roster.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami got two good Gators in the fifth round. Caleb Sturgis is an awesome kicker.

Article on ESPN was more a fan of Dallas' picks than I, but meh. Still didn't really fill man holes. Got a good lineman, and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things I learned by the Seahawks draft-

Avril will probably be competing for linebacker with the old roster.

Mike Rob might be competing as well. Hes got a big contract. Hes somebody I could see restructuring to stay with the team though.

Tom Cable obviously believes in Carpenter coming back healthy. No huge additions here like I thought would happen if there was doubt in his ability to stay healthy.

Chris Harper is a very unique addition. His size could be the TE depth I'm looking for, but I do expect him to fill Sidney's shoes when his contract is up. I expect us to let Sidney go and pay Tate next year.

The CB additions are very... very interesting considering our depth. I think these additions are for trade value. Not on Sherman, but Browner if these guys rise in the competition. Same goes for the RB position. That said, I don't see any huge trades to be made yet.

Thing is, I feel like I'm over thinking it. We had 71 people on the roster pre draft. Thats insane. The team was complete. Part of me feels like these picks are to fill gaps when contracts run out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got Percy Harvin through trades, you got your meat already on a team that could make it to the Super Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You got Percy Harvin through trades, you got your meat already on a team that could make it to the Super Bowl.
    We still have holes. Obvious ones that I doubt PCJS have overlooked. They have a plan. Just my impatience makes me want to justify things that probably wont happen.

Most the stuff I predicted from last years draft never came true, aside from Turbin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean, I was shocked that I called three of our picks. Nearly died of shock from it actually. The coaches / GM's in the NFL like to screw with people's heads really, KC for example: "what's that? everyone has us taking Jockel? Takes Fisher instead." Granted, I liked Fisher a bit better than Jockel, Johnson has the highsest ceiling of them, but is also the most raw out of those tackle prospects.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Miami got two good Gators in the fifth round. Caleb Sturgis is an awesome kicker.

Article on ESPN was more a fan of Dallas' picks than I, but meh. Still didn't really fill man holes. Got a good lineman, and that's about it.
    The receiver from Baylor is pretty good could potentially replace Miles Austin someday and for a lot cheaper, though besides he and the center the rest seem like backups, projects or practice bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is there two football players named Lotulelei and are not related?

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    The receiver from Baylor is pretty good could potentially replace Miles Austin someday and for a lot cheaper, though besides he and the center the rest seem like backups, projects or practice bodies.
    He might be able to beat out Ogletree for the number three receiver spot. Guess that's a positive thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tebow released

now he can go languish somewhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    Of our picks this season, I'm excited for Menelik Watson. Not just because he's a Manchester lad but he's an excellent athlete and a bit of a brute in strength. It's up to Oakland really to mould him into the right guy.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Of our picks this season, I'm excited for Menelik Watson. Not just because he's a Manchester lad but he's an excellent athlete and a bit of a brute in strength. It's up to Oakland really to mould him into the right guy.
    You think his friends back in Manchester pick on him for playing American Football? lol I think I would... if he wasn't built like a Buick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You think his friends back in Manchester pick on him for playing American Football? lol I think I would... if he wasn't built like a Buick.
    You'd get the usual "Isn't that just rugby with padding?" tag while you're drinking. Then you go outside after a few more pints and tackle them full on when you're on the grass.

They don't joke about it after that. Surprised he ever tried basketball in the first place, that guy was made to play Football.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Looks like Tyrann Mathieu's rookie deal will include no guaranteed money.

- The Cowboys draft continues to entertain. The former college coach of their 1st round pick, Travis Fredrick, had this to say:

Unfortunately, he has an extreme nastiness. [...] I had to get on him a few times. He broke a couple guys' arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. ...
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)