10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Squeaky clean roster for years, and then BAM blotch the size of Vermont on your team's image. Bellichick must be in a good mood with this, he always loves dealing with the press.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 04:28 PM ----------

Something nice to talk about for a change: Starting with the 2013 season the sack leader of the NFL will get a new award called the Deacon Jones Award. Very fitting, and a long overdue official addition. People have been keeping lists of sack totals for many years, and now having an award for it will bring some extra recognition, and possibly competition.

So who's your favourite for this new award in 2013?

Personally think it'll likely be Von Miller. He seems to have been growing into the game, and I think he could have a monster season next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Squeaky clean roster for years, and then BAM blotch the size of Vermont on your team's image. Bellichick must be in a good mood with this, he always loves dealing with the press.

Something nice to talk about for a change: Starting with the 2013 season the sack leader of the NFL will get a new award called the Deacon Jones Award. Very fitting, and a long overdue official addition. People have been keeping lists of sack totals for many years, and now having an award for it will bring some extra recognition, and possibly competition.

Personally think it'll likely be Von Miller. He seems to have been growing into the game, and I think he could have a monster season next year.
    Von Miller is a beast. Maybe Watt as well. But who knows, JPP fell off the face of the earth during the season for no reason until we learned of his injury.

I like how its a no bullshit voting award. Just goes straight to the sack leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say DeMarcus Ware, which is bad news for him because I'm always wrong about this stuff

In "news" that doesn't involve people being murdered, (yet?) Warren Sapp made some disparaging comments about Michael Strahan and Tiki Barber called Sapp an idiot. I'm really hoping Ronde comes to Sapp's defense for some twin-feud. But it won't happen because nobody, including Ronde, gives a shit what Tiki Barber has to say, oh well.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-06-26 at 09:35 AM.

Here's last year's sack leaders.

The first thing that jumps out at me is guessing one guy is going to be very, very difficult. Going into 2012, I bet you could have gotten pretty decent odds on Watt and Smith. Both were excellent as rookies, but I don't think too many people would have pegged them to get near 20. The next thing that stands out at me is there's a lot of guys that could reasonably have monster years without it being shocking - Smith, Watt, Miller, Matthews, maybe one more big year from Allen, Ware, or Peppers, maybe Super Mario finally fulfills his potential. Maybe Bruce Irvin or another young guy blows up.

I'd tend to agree that Miller's the best bet though. I can't seem to find any Vegas odds though.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In "news" that doesn't involve people being murdered, (yet?) Warren Sapp made some disparaging comments about Michael Strahan and Tiki Barber called Sapp an idiot. I'm really hoping Ronde comes to Sapp's defense for some twin-feud. But it won't happen because nobody, including Ronde, gives a shit what Tiki Barber has to say, oh well.
    To be fair, Warren Sapp is an idiot.

Aaron Hernandez arrested, later released by Pats

this should get interesting...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They led him out in cuffs.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back onto the guessing the Deacon Jones Award winner: I say that Watt, Miller, or Smith are probably the favorites, and I knwo that this will probably come off as homerism, but I would lean towards Smith. He has three other pass rushers on the team in Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, and Ahmad Brooks, all guys who make it improbable to double team Aldon Smith an opposing team would likely prefer to double up on Justin Smith, as that man is an unholy terror, even if he is getting older. Watt is a freak, and beats double teams consistently, but he will always be getting that double team. Miller had another formidable rusher on the other side last year in Dumervil, who is gone now. Opposing offenses can focus everything on blocking Miller when he is coming on a rush.

Not that the others don't have a chance, in fact: I would rather have Miller or Watt on my team as they already are fantastic at other things besides just rushing the passer, Smith is learning pass coverage, and has been coming along splendidly, but is still a much better rusher.

My sleeper pick for it would be Chris Long though, that guy is a monster, who hasn't been getting much coverage due to playing for the Rams. They had a ton of sacks last year, the main thing that I can see stopping him is playing against two monster offensive lines twice per year in Seattle and San Francisco.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My sleeper for the DJ award is Robert Mathis if he can stay healthy.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone heard what the charge on Hernandez is? The video I watched said it hadn't been released yet. I'm guessing it's some kind of obstruction of justice or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Ware had a down year, he's usually near the top of that list. I see no reason, though, to not pick one of those top two. Watt is a monster, I think it's an easy pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read they are not going to announce the charges until his arrangement. Obstruction of justice wouldn't be difficult with all the potential evidence he destroyed, but they might have more than that by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ware had a down year, he's usually near the top of that list. I see no reason, though, to not pick one of those top two. Watt is a monster, I think it's an easy pick.
    Ya I'm sticking with Watt/Von Miller.

Probably just cursed them though.

We will figure out what hes charged with in about 15 minutes minimum. The arraignment will be at 2:00pm EST.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 11:19 AM ----------

Odin Lloyd's family is present at the arraignment.

I find this very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Ya I'm sticking with Watt/Von Miller.

Probably just cursed them though.

We will figure out what hes charged with in about 15 minutes minimum. The arraignment will be at 2:00pm EST.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 11:19 AM ----------

Odin Lloyd's family is present at the arraignment.

I find this very interesting.
    according to TMZ and local news media, Hernandez could be hit with up to 6 charges.. wow

10+ Year Old Account

well hopefully a true DE like peppers or Allen wins it.playing DE in a 4-3 is much harder to play then olb in a -3-4. the 3-4 guys are a dime a dozen, a monster 4-3 end like peppers is a gem.i bet wares #'s go down this year since he will be playing in a 4-3.even though he will be a pass rushing end,his sacks will still go down and will not be that good at stopping the run.deacon was a beast DE not olb,hopefully DE wins the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    according to TMZ and local news media, Hernandez could be hit with up to 6 charges.. wow
    Yeaaah. Not going to believe anything until after hes out of that court room...
    NFL network has a live feed of inside the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN has it playing live, but I can't hear a damn thing. Something about carrying a firearm for a couple of em.

charged with Murder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    ESPN has it playing live, but I can't hear a damn thing. Something about carrying a firearm for a couple of em.
    Yeah I can't hear shit. Doesn't sound good. Heard murder thrown in a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    hard to make it out but sounded like murder, posession of firearm w/o a ser #, unlicensed poss of firearm (thought you would have to have the weapon on you for them to charge something like that) and I would imagine obstruction is in there somewhere as well but was hard to hear what they were saying. You would think the audio would be better being there has to be like every network there in mass.

The whole thing is kinda sad, a family grieiving the loss of a loved one and someone with a promising future throwing it away (regaurdless of the outcome of these charges best case it would be a long road back for him even if found innocent)
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2013-06-26 at 06:52 PM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes completely fucked. Wow.