10+ Year Old Account
    Early reports say Eagles receiever Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL and MCL in practice today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, WRs are not safe at all this offseason, Judas Priest.

Going to the post count thing, it will probably smash upwards during the regular season. Also maths.

Harvin got placed on the PUP List, so he may be in about the same boat as Crabtree, where they expect him to partake at least some point in the regular season, as far as I know it isn't as bad as Crab's ACL though.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Early reports say Eagles receiever Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL and MCL in practice today.
    Yeah, not the kind of news I wanted when I said news would be flowing in.

Way of the game I guess though. Hoping for more interesting stuff tbh, like who's doing well in training camp and who is not ( Like Bryant McKinnie for the Ravens ).

Do we have any interest in a possible board fantasy football league?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do we have any interest in a possible board fantasy football league?
    I'll be running it, expect sign ups in about 3 weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    the word now is ACL

10+ Year Old Account
    Dennis Pitta of the Ravens has a dislocated hip. Not as bad as an ACL or something of that variety, but that is yet another one of Flaaco's favorite fall-back targets out for the start of the season. First they trade Boldin, Jones is on the non-football injury list for something, and now Pitta gets hurt. That Ravens receiving corp has been DECIMATED! Holy hell, if Flaaco does something with the ramshackle group he has right now, then he will have deserved that contract extension in my eyes.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a fracture and hes out for the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a fracture and hes out for the season.
    Sucks for the Ravens. To be honest, I'd take what the Patriots have as recievers at the moment over the Ravens, Patriots at least still have a good chance their top TE will be back before the season starts. Ravens passing game looks in dire straights, with just Torrey Smith and then absolutely nothing I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sucks for the Ravens. To be honest, I'd take what the Patriots have as recievers at the moment over the Ravens, Patriots at least still have a good chance their top TE will be back before the season starts. Ravens passing game looks in dire straights, with just Torrey Smith and then absolutely nothing I think.
    wot

I'd take Jacoby Jones and Torrey Smith over Danny Amendola and a questionable Gronk.

I'll be running it, expect sign ups in about 3 weeks
    That works. Fresh thread, or found here?

- - - Updated - - -

wot

I'd take Jacoby Jones and Torrey Smith over Danny Amendola and a questionable Gronk.
    Don't forget Rice. That's a lot better dump off valve than Danny Woodhead (or Ridley). Ed Dickson should be a perfectly competent fill in for Pitta anyway. He as solid in 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Dennis Pitta of the Ravens has a dislocated hip. Not as bad as an ACL or something of that variety, but that is yet another one of Flaaco's favorite fall-back targets out for the start of the season. First they trade Boldin, Jones is on the non-football injury list for something, and now Pitta gets hurt. That Ravens receiving corp has been DECIMATED! Holy hell, if Flaaco does something with the ramshackle group he has right now, then he will have deserved that contract extension in my eyes.
    The Ravens seem snake-bit this year and the season hasn't even started yet. =\

The possible season-ending loss of Pitta is HUGE ... but not season killing (at least not yet). Just means Dickson has to step up. He was actually the starter before Pitta, but he fell ill w/ Travis Taylor syndrome. Dude can catch a ball on the run, jumping in the air, laying out horizontal, with his pinky; but you hit him in the numbers and he's almost guaranteed to drop it. The Ravens also drafted a TE w/ their 4th round pick this year (Juszczyk).

A few weeks ago, it was reported that McKinnie showed up in great shape, looking just as good, if not better than he did last year. There was all this talk about how him working out this offseason and about all the weight he lost. Now, he can't even make weight. He's at least practicing now, but he was in such bad shape, that he couldn't even finish a full practice the first day he was available. What the hell did he do in those 2 weeks? O.o

I'm even more baffled by Jacoby Jones failing his conditioning test. How the hell does a guy that cut fail a conditioning test?

In a brighter side of Ravens-news, it looks like they may be bringing Leach back. Sounds like 1 year, $2 Mil.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    That works. Fresh thread, or found here?
    It will be just like last year and will be a separate thread to keep fantasy talk out of here for the most part.

My current plan is to have 4 reserved slots for active members in the NFL thread. That way if there is a chance that a bunch of randoms try to sign up, there will be slots left for the more active posters here. I'll post in here like an hour before it goes up, and I'll post the exact dates for sign ups and draft sometime in early August.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be just like last year and will be a separate thread to keep fantasy talk out of here for the most part.

My current plan is to have 4 reserved slots for active members in the NFL thread. That way if there is a chance that a bunch of randoms try to sign up, there will be slots left for the more active posters here. I'll post in here like an hour before it goes up, and I'll post the exact dates for sign ups and draft sometime in early August.
    If you find last years info you could try and prioritize for last years participants, just don't look at the results or anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    wot

Jacoby Jones, was hurt I thought? Or not training at least? It's what I was assuming, or I would have probably sided with the Ravens as well.

Don't forget Rice. That's a lot better dump off valve than Danny Woodhead (or Ridley).
    The guy on the Patriots taking over for Woodhead (who's with the Chargers now) is Shane Vereen, who looked very good catching passes last year, and has been catching balls all over the place in training camp and previous work outs. It was allready pretty much assumed before Woodhead went that Vereen would be the defacto 3rd down back for the Pats this season. Ridley has improved his pass catching apparently, but I don't think he'll be a 3 down back for the Pats.

I'm not sure if there's significant reason to take Rice over Ridley/Vereen combo. Might be the homer in me talking, but I like the backfield options of the Patriots this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If you find last years info you could try and prioritize for last years participants, just don't look at the results or anything...
    Yeah. I think I have it bookmarked. Maybe I'll do a 2 day hold or something for previous participants to sign up. Didn't think about that.

This year I want to try to post team records and such in the OP. I'm also leaning to ESPN.

Jacoby Jones, was hurt I thought? Or not training at least? It's what I was assuming, or I would have probably sided with the Ravens as well.
    Even if he failed his conditioning test, they will let him play... they'd be stupid not to at this point. They still have a decent receiving group. Better than the Patriots and slightly better than the current 49ers. They are relying on a lot of new guys to step up.

Some interesting Seahawks stuff I heard from their first padded practice: Golden Tate burned Brandon Browner (mind you, Browner has like 6 inches on Tate) multiple times to the point where Browner got angry and interfered, and Tate still caught the pass. Jermaine Kearse is also destroying in the receiving game (huge surprise). Carpenter is back and 100%.

10+ Year Old Account

jesus

I'm not sure if there's significant reason to take Rice over Ridley/Vereen combo. Might be the homer in me talking, but I like the backfield options of the Patriots this year.
    Given the aging curve for backs, I don't think that's a totally implausible claim. Purely as receiving targets though, I sure trust Rice a lot more than anyone presently on the Pats roster.

10+ Year Old Account

jesus
    He looks familiar.

OT: might just be the way the photo was taken, but wow. Not drafting him early in FF.

10+ Year Old Account

jesus
    Holy .... what? O.o

Aren't those pics only a few months apart? He was just drafted. What the hell did he do? lol
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)