Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

4.0 and the griffon of death, so slow the hotfix never came

what's up with that? did no raiders reported this? what the hell with the fix that never come, 4hours of raid wipe is hell.
    And dont get me started with respawn at the cimetary with 1hp and an alliance no life spamming aoe

How about some details about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    How about some details about this problem.
    picture it: you are in icc, raid wipes. then you expect to ride a griffon after releasing your body right? well you are now on a griffon with a mount speed of... 0%. that is right you are aiming to the icc portal at walk speed, since the patch. Blizzard fail at patching such an easy thing to patch, makes me facepalm.
    Also there a chance you respawn alive at the cimetary, with 1%health or something...only to be slain by campers.

This hotfix sucks, this hotfix will never come

I've never gotten this super-slow griffon, or heard of anybody getting a super-slow griffon until now. Weird.

Although spawning at the GY with 1 HP is annoying (unless you're on a PvE server like me!)

I get super slow gryphon all the time, and so does everyone in my guild. Sometimes you randomly spawn alive with 1 hp tho.

Yeah it sucks. I imagine the bug has something to do with the change of flying mount speed scaling with riding skill. Maybe it's a really tricky code bug to solve?

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe its just you that the game hates. cause I spawn at 100% health, alive when I hit release spirit at the graveyard, I even come with a nice no honour buff that deters campers.

Deleted
    It happens to everyone on my server (Ragnaros EU)

When you release inside an instance, it seems a 60/40 chance that you will either spawn as a ghost with a flying speed of less than walking speed, or at the graveyard with 2% hp.

Both are annoying. I believe night elves wisp racial overrides the gryphon speed, but its not really the point.

it happens to everyone. If you die and release while you're still in combat (the boss is still alive) you'll most likely spawn with 1%hp at the nearest graveyard alive.
    If you release after the boss despawns - you'll most likely ress at graveyard on gryphon that is moving slower than a normal walk speed.

This was even happening to Total Biscuit in one of his videos..

Deleted
    Happens all the time for my guild, people either ress at walk speed and it takes them aaaages to get back, or it resses them with like 5 hp and 10 mana at the GY which can be annoying if there are other people there waiting to kill you. Its good to see my wisp form finally have a use though

And the age of the Night Elves have come at last! All fear the power of the Wisp Spirit! NE doesn't use ghost gryphon instead we float in wisp form and thus aren't affected by this.

Anyway I wonder if it has anything to do with the guild perk The Quick and the Dead ("increases movement speed while dead by 100%" being the relevant part) that is to be implemented.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen the slow gryphon but I have definitely spawned with 1 hp 99.99999% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    .. I even come with a nice no honour buff that deters campers.
    So you REALLY think anyone cares if you give no honor? People graveyard camping do it for the fun, not for the honor.

15+ Year Old Account
    It happens for everyone everytime on my battlegroup. This bug was there in the Cat beta builds in august or even earier. It's beyond me why it's not fixed yet.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Impurity View Post
    So you REALLY think anyone cares if you give no honor? People graveyard camping do it for the fun, not for the honor.
    Fun for retards maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    maybe its just you that the game hates. cause I spawn at 100% health, alive when I hit release spirit at the graveyard, I even come with a nice no honour buff that deters campers.
    i'm pretty sure they aren't camping for the honor (at least i'm not)

Deleted
    Getting it aswell on Sporeggar-EU, and it's my biggest annoyance of 4.0.1. Maybe it doesn't affect US realms as badly? Since there seem to be some without the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole slow griffin was implated for this and YES it was a blue post, alas i lost it.

They implated it so people could not just run simply in when they are busy lets say a ICC weekly raid quest ( yes its removed i know... but thats one of the reasons.)

the other reason is for the perk The quick and the dead ( get able at a guild level of 14!).

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    the whole slow griffin was implated for this and YES it was a blue post, alas i lost it.

They implated it so people could not just run simply in when they are busy lets say a ICC weekly raid quest ( yes its removed i know... but thats one of the reasons.)

the other reason is for the perk The quick and the dead ( get able at a guild level of 14!).
    so what youre saying, blizzard is making pug already worse than it already is by making corpse runs much longer and annoying just for the sake of the sake

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It happens for everyone everytime on my battlegroup. This bug was there in the Cat beta builds in august or even earier. It's beyond me why it's not fixed yet.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 09:11 AM ----------

Fun for retards maybe.
    I love ganking. I'm not retarded. I gank anyone and everyone. It's why xferred from PVE to PVP back in the day. Red == dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    so what youre saying, blizzard is making pug already worse than it already is by making corpse runs much longer and annoying just for the sake of the sake
    yep, kind of. Blizz said themself that guilds are a part of the game experience. you can stil pug, but its just harder to corpse run when you have no guild.

P.S who doesn't want a mass ress button with no cooldown if its a guild run ???

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    reason is for the perk The quick and the dead ( get able at a guild level of 14!).
    Not really. I'm flying at normal gryphon speed @beta w/o being in any guild