Cata blacksmithing guide?

I just found a blacksmith guide and wondered if anyone can confirm the mats. Basically i need to know if i should stock WOTLK mats to get started when leveling 450-425 and if i can use this as a guide.

425-440 Folded Obsidium 2 Obsidium Bar per attempt
    440-450 Hardened Obsidium Bracers or Redsteel Bracers 3 Folded Obsidium per attempt
    450-460 Hardened Obsidium Gauntlets or Hardened Obsidium Shield or Redsteel Gauntlets 3 Folded Obsidium per attempt
    460-470 Hardened Obsidium Belt or Redsteel Belt or Stormforged Belt 4 Folded Obsidium, 1 Volatile Earth per attempt
    470-480 Hardened Obsidium Boots or Redsteel Boots or Stormforged Boots 5 Folded Obsidium per attempt
    480-490 Redsteel Shoulders or Stormforged Legguards or Stormforged Shoulders 5 Folded Obsidium, 10 Elementium Bar per attempt
    490-500 Hardened Obsidium Legguards or Redsteel Legguards 5 Folded Obsidium, 15 Elementium Bar per attempt
    500-525 Hardened Obsidium Breastplate 10 Folded Obsidium, 10 Elementium Bar per attempt

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of bars per yellow attempt...Im screwed since my warrior is alchemist/blacksmith.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Dude wait til we get more data, cause in cata the items that cost more to make will give you more skill ups.

I'll be doing the first few levels from 450 until it goes grey using Wotlk mats possibly for BS and definetly for JC, Cooking and First Aid. The mats will be much cheaper than the Cata ones for the first month or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't checked Blacksmithing in a while, do they have items at the 450 range now? The last time I saw, folded obsidium will get you as high as 455 before it grays out. Then I had to make titanium plating to get up to 460 before I could learn any Cataclysm items.

10+ Year Old Account
    mmm yes prepare to make me rich

ive got 3 miners to level lol

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    I'll be doing the first few levels from 450 until it goes grey using Wotlk mats possibly for BS and definetly for JC, Cooking and First Aid. The mats will be much cheaper than the Cata ones for the first month or two.
    ^ What he said

Also i find it weird that you can start leveling from 425 instead of 450 maybe 'cause theirs only 5 level to gain. Never seen that before maybe im wrong TBC or WOTLK didn't have that did they?

10+ Year Old Account
    think you could start at 350 when wotlk released, was no need for 375, had maxed on some chars but some alts of mine had 350+ and could still do the wotlk ones.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    Also i find it weird that you can start leveling from 425 instead of 450 maybe 'cause theirs only 5 level to gain. Never seen that before maybe im wrong TBC or WOTLK didn't have that did they?
    Its simply how it works for all professions, and its been like that as far as i can remember.

You can train at 50 (75 max), and get new recipes.
    Train at 125 (150 max).
    Train at 200 (225 max).
    Train at 275 (300 max), and some professions you get new recipes (mining, for once), others you need to hit 300, its kinda messy.
    And lastly, you train at 350 (max 375), and you jump straight to wotlk mats, no professions require you to hit 375 in order to use northrend recipes.

So, progression wise, you can expect the next level of mats and recipes at 425, 25 levels before you max your profession, thus you can use some northrend mats to get a few levels past 450, since some recipes are yellow or orange, maybe up to 480 or 490.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    Yeah, they'll be cheaper, but they'll also be less plentiful (most likely). More people farming Cata mats = less people farming Wrath mats = even less BC mats = more old world mats due to new toons.

Deleted

leveling bs using northrend recipes in cata

According to wowhead the ICC patterns don't turn yellow til skill 475, Ulduar recipes don't turn til 460. My question is, how many skillups do the epic recipes from Ulduar, ToC & ICC give on average? Any beta tester knows this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    According to wowhead the ICC patterns don't turn yellow til skill 475, Ulduar recipes don't turn til 460. My question is, how many skillups do the epic recipes from Ulduar, ToC & ICC give on average? Any beta tester knows this?
    Currently there is no multiple skill-ups implemented for pre-cataclysm recipes (except Inscription Glyphs)