Thread: raid lockouts

raid lockouts

If i have a toon that downed 11/12 and and the group decided to extend the lockout for the next week to work on LK, could that toon run another fresh run after the reset and do 10/12 then go back and rejoin the first group at LK or when i try to go with the 2nd group will it still say I am saved to the first 11 bosses? The raid lead from the first group will not be in teh 2nd group and the 2nd group will do at least gunship on heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeron View Post
    If i have a toon that downed 11/12 and and the group decided to extend the lockout for the next week to work on LK, could that toon run another fresh run after the reset and do 10/12 then go back and rejoin the first group at LK
    YES. Explanation. Only 1 person needs to extend the lockout and everyone will be able to join it, even players who weren't in the original raid. This means e.g. that your raid leader willingly gets saved to 11/12 and the rest of you will be able to join fresh runs after raid lockout reset. After the raid lock makeover you will therefore be able to do 10/12 or even 11/12 in a pug or whatever and then return to ICC with your group from the week before and do the LK.

or when i try to go with the 2nd group will it still say I am saved to the first 11 bosses?
    NO, you will be able to do a fresh run after the reset even if your RL decides to extent his/hers lockout.

The raid lead from the first group will not be in teh 2nd group and the 2nd group will do at least gunship on heroic.
    You can only do heroic bosses with 1 raid ID. Meaning you won't be able to do, say HC lolship 25 man and then HC Rotface 10 man during the same lockout.
    In your case, you can do HC Lolship with your second group and then go back to do normal (NOT HC LK) with your original group.

OT: Found your post under Cataclysm Raids & Dungeons...might wanna consider moving it to a more appropriate forum.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Understandable considering it's a cataclysm lockout system.

Deleted
    Whatever earlier post is correct, but as of this case, why dont you all just clear the bosses next week aswell, I mean, it doesnt take you much time at all, tops a few hours, or should be atleast, and you can pick up some shiny epics along the way, I dont know, I just dont see why you want to do this.