Atonement error?

I noticed that on regular smites it does the exact same healing as the damage dealt, but when it crits it does slightly more than the damage dealt, does anybody know why this is?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you have the 3% more healing crits meta gem socketed?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Maybe you have the 3% more healing crits meta gem socketed?
    \

If you do... it would be amusing

Wait..

Wait... oh yea now i realised! are u complaining about healing more than u should? i thought thats a good thing for healers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Wait... oh yea now i realised! are u complaining about healing more than u should? i thought thats a good thing for healers :P
    Usually a good idea to identify potential bugs, they may even fix things like Atonement not scaling with Grace or other +healing effects.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Im pretty sure the atonement heal is supposed to be a complete mirror of the damage portion of the smite. As in upon cast the only thing registering from you is your spell damage/crit/haste etc, it doesnt read any of your +healing bonuses. I believe the healing portion is directly proportional to your damage, *however* the heal portion can be effected by any "+healing received" that is active on your target.

ie- when your smite increases its damage via evangelism your heal will be exactly the same amount.

Unfortunately when you pop a full archangel you don't heal for 15% more than your smite damage (and yes I understand that usually when you pop wings and want the 15% more healing you wont be using smite to heal anyway, but i noticed this in dungeons where I didn't need to do anything other than shield the tank and smite everything, archangel was purely for the regen).

On Topic: it could be because one of the party members your healing has a talent that increases healing done to them?

Examples:
    Glyph of Power Word: Barrier (10% healing received)
    Kitty Druid talent "Nurturing Instinct"
    Bear Druid "Frenzied Regen"
    Blood DK Tank "Vampiric Blood"
    BM Hunters "Spirit Bond"
    Prot Pally's "Divinity"
    etc etc

Not proven, but that would be my guess.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 01:15 PM ----------

Kelesti: Are you sure its all +healing effect or just grace?

because doesnt grace only effect the +healing of the priests healing to the target, so it probably registers more as +healing done by you rather than +healing received by the target.

I think if there is +healing received by the target, that it will do more healing than damage done by smite.
    Last edited by Boomkindance; 2010-11-03 at 01:11 PM. Reason: clarity
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

When I'd tested it last, it was unaffected by Grace, Guardian Spirit, or the Paladin talent Divinity. I hadn't bothered with the Feral or Assassination talents, but I'd expect them to work in the same way.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

So I was testing it out again and each time it is doing exactly 15 more healing that the damage dealt with smite, but only on crits, does anybody have an answer now? this is on targets with no +healing on them.

Well it was not exactly 15 damage, it seems to be about .5% of the damage dealt off the smite crit so I don't know what is causing the smite crit heal to be almost exactly .5% more each time.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2010-11-03 at 03:31 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

As someone else mentioned... what Meta are you using? Ie; Is this you: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Blessedhope

If so that's your answer.

I am lvl 78 right now so I have no meta.

no that is a guy in my guild.

Like I said the extra healing seems to be about .5% not 3%
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2010-11-03 at 03:43 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

No clue then. The amount you're reporting matches perfectly with the Meta. My Smite and Atonement land up perfectly regardless of critting or not, so I can't be of much help. If you could post the correct armory people could take a look; but that's about it.

Kind of weird that someone in your mains guild was using the Meta that would make this possible.

Odd question; Does this happen at all levels of Evangelism?
    Last edited by harky; 2010-11-03 at 03:47 PM.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urotan&cn=Maux

Here is the armory for my guy, if there is something I am missing to make my smite heal crits heal for .5% more
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Nope. That's pretty damn weird...

yes this does happen at all level of evangelism, and if I use archangel it has no effect on the healing as a percentage of from smite.
    Gamdwelf the Mage