Deleted

Cataclysm Levelling 80-85: Enhance vs Elemental

Hello shamans,

I was hoping to get your opinion on levelling from 80-85 as either Enhancement and Elemental.

I'm interested in which is the quickest to level (rather than how much fun they are).

I'd like to hear about your experiences levelling in Cataclysm from 80-85 as either Enhancement and/or Elemental.

Did you have much downtime with either spec?
    Does elemental still have the ability to two shot mobs down to 20% easily?
    Is enhancement better than elemental at ripping mobs apart?
    If you wanted to get through 80-85 as quickly as possible, which would you choose?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc6642dc9ce9; 2010-11-10 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    bump, thanks.

I don't have beta experience since they buffed mob HP. But in early beta, I was playing with premade gear (all 251's), and it was ripping through mobs. If you have good ICC gear, I'd imagine that enhance could probably rip through mobs before you could finish two casts as elemental.

My main spec is resto, and my offspec is elemental, but I've been collecting enhance gear, as I plan on leveling as enhance.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled in beta as elemental, and had very little downtime. Mobs seemed to die much quicker for me when I was caster (comparing this to a feral cat druid here, however, which isn't exactly the same). Also, this was 2-3 weeks ago, so I don't know how much my experience as elemental would change with any changes that have been made. I didn't try enhancement in beta, so I can't answer how they level in comparison.

I have no idea which spec will level faster. My suggestion to you would be to transfer your character over and/or make a premade for the PTR (if possible) and compare the two specs while doing dailies or something in Icecrown. That should get you the answer you're looking for.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    Hello shamans,

I was hoping to get your opinion on levelling from 80-85 as either Enhancement and Elemental.

I'm interested in which is the quickest to level (rather than how much fun they are).

I'd like to hear about your experiences levelling in Cataclysm from 80-85 as either Enhancement and/or Elemental.

Did you have much downtime with either spec?
    Does elemental still have the ability to two shot mobs down to 20% easily?
    Is enhancement better than elemental at ripping mobs apart?
    If you wanted to get through 80-85 as quickly as possible, which would you choose?

Thanks.
    I can only give you my view of things from leveling TBC and Wrath. I did both as Enhancement, and I can tell you IT WAS F-ING AWESOME!

And I don't kid you on that. I could solo all but 1 quest in wrath, the giant elite dude in Dragonblight. Every 5-man quest was solo'd with ease.

From a gearing standpoint, I tihnk enhance is going to be easier to get gear for. You only fight hunters for mail gear, and only rogues for weapons. Where as for Ele you fight healers and casters for every bit of INT gear that drops, regardless of spirit vs hit on the peice (I am talking about leveling not end-game heroics and such).

to give you an idea of my Enh leveling, I would roll into an enemy, stormstrike, Earth shock, Windfury would proc and they are dead. I could gather up 5-6 dudes and burn them down along with magma totem and end the fight with full hp and mana (because of shamanistic rage and MW5 healing). Absolutely NO DOWNTIME at all, just keep rolling from enemy to enemy. If I accidently pulled to omany mobs, just pop wolves and rip them to peices, I never died while leveling Wrath except when an unseen Elite popped up behind me or something.

I will again level as Enhancement, and I am sure the same epic-ness will apply as I rip through level 83-5man group quests by myself.

Edit: Mastery shall be wicked for us while leveling, and I will constantly reforge all my pieces for extra mastery while leveling. Can't wait to rule the landscape. to give you an idea, when leveling with casters I would have killed it before the third cast. They had to attack things I wasn't going for otherwise they couldn't keep up.
    Last edited by Myte342; 2010-11-10 at 02:36 AM.

Elemental shaman had very low down time, i didnt really try enhance however. I would imagine it to be about equal though

I'd go based on if you want to melee or ranged, is what it would come down to
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!