Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In 10 you're healing 50% of the raid and are 10% of the raid. In 25 you're healing 20% of the raid and are 4% of the raid. The ratios are the same (50/10 =20/4).

I'm not a fan of the HoT stacking idea but some derivative of it could be interesting.

Blizz does not want dpsers to heal others in raids at all (except with actual heal spells thats ok). Not even themselves. A replenishment buff might prevent VE from spamming combat log and the screeen with healing numbers.. but thats it. Thats why they should change it to give you some other utility. A buff healing you for 6% of the dmg you do seems pointless.

Deleted
    There you go Boomkin's combat res is not that vital buff to raid now since there will always be some resto druid or warlock in 10 raid. You can bring player not class

I agree with people saying just remove this talent. It is kind of pointless the way it is. The homogenization imho has gone way too far in cataclysm. I guess its insanely hard to balance 30 specs but even so. The current iteration of most specs is maybe four years old at least. Along the way so many changes and fixes and bandages have been applied that everything to me feels a little awkward. Im sure this isnt going to break the shadowpriest but it is indicative of the problems and awkwardness that I think a considerable number of specs and classes face.

I hope they make it so VE isn't required to get VT.

Especially after this most recent change. I don't think any class is forced to pick a talent as useless as VE now.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

The only reason I'm concerned about the state of VE is for PVP tbh.

In pve and 15% healing, I'm already able to heal myself through most hazards. I mean in rotface, I can stand in his slime spray, while tanking a small slime, and probably never fall below 90% health.

If anything, the 6% healing in PVE will be more than enough to keep our survivability up, and reduce our threat generation by a ton. Before the mastery change, I might have been doing 15% less damage than mages... but putting out more threat. It was the old BC dilemma for shadow.

What I wouldn't mind, is if perhaps there were a talent in the 1st tier holy talent that perhaps allowed us to up the self healing, or it could be added into some of the lackluster pvp talents we have spread throughout our tree to give us the self healing where we actually need it.

I could see them renaming "Improved Renew" to "Renewing Embrace", and applying that functionality.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~