Unleashed Elements and Lava Lash

with Unleashed Elements and Flametounge Weapon, does the 20% fire damage buff still not effect Lava Lash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to affect Lava Lash.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

Quote Originally Posted by Rohak View Post
    Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to affect Lava Lash.
    Well thats lame, the 81-85 abilities seem to fall more and more useless for enhancement as time goes on. Although UE does have some utility for us, but when it doesn't affect our biggest ability, it kind of bothers me.
    Yes and no, but maybe.

that really dosnt make sense... what a shame...

Lava lash is physical dmg mainly. The FT portial of UE will only buff Flame shock really since maelstrom weapon no longer effects Lava burst, and i BELIEVE the fire dmg portion of FT weapon is removed later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morphosys View Post
    Lava lash is physical dmg mainly. The FT portial of UE will only buff Flame shock really since maelstrom weapon no longer effects Lava burst, and i BELIEVE the fire dmg portion of FT weapon is removed later on.
    please tell me you don't play enhancement on live..

lava lash is FIRE damage, hence why our mastery buffs the attack. It's a melee fire attack.

So the debuff from unleashed flametongue weapon is used only for flame shock atm? It´s not consumed by damage from searing totem or flametongue weapon?

Look at this talent description Virulence. It says that spells are abilities that aren't direct weapon strikes. LavaLash uses offhand weapon for damage calculation, so while it's a fire attack, it's considered a "strike" and not a spell.

Unleash FT buffs 3 things:

-Flame Shock
    -Fire Nova
    -Lava Burst.

For Enhance we only need to worry about the top two. And it's actually better that ULE doesn't work with LL. It has much better synergy with FS, since the dot duration lines up nicely with the 15 sec cd on Flame Shock. I don't even need to monitor my FS dot anymore really since I always know that once ULE comes off cd that it's time for me to refresh my FS. This way Flame Shock always gets a 20% damage boost, including the dot. ULE and FS are also ranged attacks and work much better together.

We already have Searing Flames to buff LL, and each stack of SF increases damage by 20% which is the same as the ULE FT buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Unleash FT buffs 3 things:

-Flame Shock
    -Fire Nova
    -Lava Burst.

For Enhance we only need to worry about the top two. And it's actually better that ULE doesn't work with LL. It has much better synergy with FS, since the dot duration lines up nicely with the 15 sec cd on Flame Shock. I don't even need to monitor my FS dot anymore really since I always know that once ULE comes off cd that it's time for me to refresh my FS. This way Flame Shock always gets a 20% damage boost, including the dot. ULE and FS are also ranged attacks and work much better together.

We already have Searing Flames to buff LL, and each stack of SF increases damage by 20% which is the same as the ULE FT buff.
    Last time I tried on beta, UE's buff only buffed the direct dmg portion of FS, not the DoT at all. Might have changed since then, though.
    "The Insane" is the Everest of WoW.
    Why would anyone want to do it? Because it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoce View Post
    Last time I tried on beta, UE's buff only buffed the direct dmg portion of FS, not the DoT at all. Might have changed since then, though.

this is still true, the dot is not affected

The DOT portion is affected, it's one of the main reasons why it works so well, the boosted periodic damage helps sustain DPS. It wasn't like 2 months ago but definetly since the past month or so it has been, unless they changed it in this last patch 2 days ago.

Unfortunately, most of the stuff for Enha does not work properly so far as far as Beta 81+ things go.

I guess it should work, but i am not sure will blizz fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    please tell me you don't play enhancement on live..

lava lash is FIRE damage, hence why our mastery buffs the attack. It's a melee fire attack.
    You fail to see what I said, perhaps I worded it wrong.

While yes LL DOES do fire dmg, it's used in conjunction with a weapon, so it's a strike based attack with a physical weapon. Unlike spells such as Lava Burst and Flame shock. Therefore Unleashed Elements will ignore it when using it because it considers it more physical and an actual fire attack.

Enhancement

* Windfury Weapon now deals 125% weapon damage when Unleash Elements is used, up from 40%

HOLYSHIT. I really hope Boub didn't typo this. Good lord that's a huge increase

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    Enhancement

* Windfury Weapon now deals 125% weapon damage when Unleash Elements is used, up from 40%

HOLYSHIT. I really hope Boub didn't typo this. Good lord that's a huge increase
    Rofl, "HOLYSHIT" was EXACTLY the same thing i said when i saw that.