Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Question. I know in the beginning of Wrath Slow MH and Fast OH was the way to go, but then that all changed, is Slow/Slow still going to be the way to go in entry lvl gear or will Slow/Fast pan out ahead because of our mastery?
    No at the beginning of Wrath Slow/Fast was NOT the way to go. There was a point where damage wasn't normalised and that meant that fast OH's became competitive, however within a couple of weeks Blizzard stomped on that, and normalised the damage of FT in particular. Some people who had already maxed out their Naxx gear swapped to a fast OH for those few weeks and swapped back when Blizzard changed it. However for the vast majority of players slow/slow has ALWAYS been the way to go.

Of course you had the sheep who changed to slow/fast because the top players were doing it completely failing to realise that their own gear was way behind the point at which slow/fast was viable so they just hurt their dps following the herd. It was for this reason that the cry "sim it for yourself" came to the fore.

This was repeated when haste became strong in late WotLK, there was a certain point at which it became better but it totally depended on your gear. The sheep went haste straight away and cried when their dps dropped or didn't increase as they expected. Of course it didn't because their gear wasn't good enough to gem/enchant for haste.

Moral of the story don't be a sheep, SIM IT FOR YOURSELF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    No at the beginning of Wrath Slow/Fast was NOT the way to go. There was a point where damage wasn't normalised and that meant that fast OH's became competitive, however within a couple of weeks Blizzard stomped on that, and normalised the damage of FT in particular. Some people who had already maxed out their Naxx gear swapped to a fast OH for those few weeks and swapped back when Blizzard changed it. However for the vast majority of players slow/slow has ALWAYS been the way to go.

Of course you had the sheep who changed to slow/fast because the top players were doing it completely failing to realise that their own gear was way behind the point at which slow/fast was viable so they just hurt their dps following the herd. It was for this reason that the cry "sim it for yourself" came to the fore.

This was repeated when haste became strong in late WotLK, there was a certain point at which it became better but it totally depended on your gear. The sheep went haste straight away and cried when their dps dropped or didn't increase as they expected. Of course it didn't because their gear wasn't good enough to gem/enchant for haste.

Moral of the story don't be a sheep, SIM IT FOR YOURSELF!!!
    Ah the goofy times of enh having spell power main hand fast off
    Even more funny than bis dagger for rogues being a blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Yea, you can have double Landslide and I think they proc independently like Beserker does now. I just like having two different enchants (the spell effects for the new enchants are pretty nice) and the Haste proc gives a nice chunk....haste is crap for us but meh.
    Hey man, could you be so very kind and provide the screenshots of the weapon enchants? I am really curious what they look like because i hate zerking as its not really a graphical maestro.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the testing Gun. I think that blizzard probably intents double hurricane to be the enchants we use again. It'd be nice if we could get a choice

Keep on testing ! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mordenrox View Post
    Lava lash is our hardest hitting spell, why would you want to screw it using fast weapons?
    I wasn't sure, thats why I asked, no need to get testie.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Ah the goofy times of enh having spell power main hand fast off
    Even more funny than bis dagger for rogues being a blue.
    the even more goofy times, by using white hyldnir axes and fiery enchants since they double procced flame tongue ;-)

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

quick question, how about enchant both weapons with Hurricane ?(or does it stack? )

Quote Originally Posted by RoenieKK View Post
    Thanks for the testing Gun. I think that blizzard probably intents double hurricane to be the enchants we use again. It'd be nice if we could get a choice

Keep on testing ! :P
    Landslide: AP
    Hurricane: Haste
    Avalanche: +Nature Damage

I'm thinking almost every class will have Landslide on MH, DW classes will have the choice of an alternate OH enchant. Hurricane IMO would be the obvious choice, cause it provides some burst haste, like a mini DST. But the nature dmg proc on Avalanche is something that might end up being good for Enhance and maybe rogues or something lol. Considering how fast we swing it might be better esp against higher armor and stuff.

From Rouncer on wowhead:

"It seems to be set to roughly 5ppm with no ICD as had examples where it would proc off both of Windfury's extra attacks.

With a 2.6 speed weapon had 205 procs over 1000 swings - 20.5% proc rate or a 4.73ppm
    With a 1.8 speed weapon had 104 procs over 676 swings - 15.4% proc rate or a 5.13ppm

Can crit (150% for enhancement) and seems to use your character's spell crit rate. It's damage is definitely affected by enhancement's mastery. Unaffected by the stormstrike debuff's additional chance to be a critical strike."

Hey man, could you be so very kind and provide the screenshots of the weapon enchants? I am really curious what they look like because i hate zerking as its not really a graphical maestro.

Thanks in advance
    Wowhead has the picture of Landslide up so far. Here's a brief description just to get an idea:

Landslide: Rocks swirling around the weapon with a trail of dirt (lol)
    Avalanche: Ice swirling around the weapon with a trail of snow
    Hurricane: Lightning swirling around the weapon (like mongoose v4.0)

The new Enchants, esp with the trails resemble updated versions of Rockbiter and Frostbrand. I prefer the old trails though, they were more streamlined and thin.