Poll: How do you like the new theme?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new design is way better. Just two little things.

The green is a bit too dark, like the light green the site has now much better.

The old logo with the knight just HAS to stay.

Tbh, i love it! As above poster, i'd like the sword guy back, new gear maybe? Anyways, the new style looks clean, easy on the eyes. I come to Mmo champ to read wow news, and in the new design it looks really centered and focused on the news. I'll say it again, i love it!
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Deleted
    I love the new layout. New one, hands down.

Also, I seem to be the only one here who actually likes to see the MMO-C guy go O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can't and decided to get rid of it because most of the time people don't really check that, they just see if the top news post changed. Replacing it with the blue tracker seemed much more useful.
    Give us the option to choose which 2 easy-nav boxes we want? That shouldn't be too hard considering the code jockeys you have at your disposal now.

I'm sorry but the blue tracker does nothing for me. Your news posts summarise the important blue posts anyways. I'd rather have easier access to your news rather than notifications that X server is now back online! ......

We all love that you keep so much news on the front page, but without the quick links to it all then it's just completely not user-friendly

Quote Originally Posted by stonecolde View Post
    yea a tabbed box to switch between the two

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 08:21 PM ----------

oh yea and maby a tabbed box on the recent fourm post to show your fourm post if you are loged in
    I had something like this in mind. Obviously better than how I made it look

(sorry if the pic is too big boub :<)

Quote Originally Posted by Sokaris84 View Post
    I'm sorry but the blue tracker does nothing for me. Your news posts summarise the important blue posts anyways. I'd rather have easier access to your news rather than notifications that X server is now back online! ......

We all love that you keep so much news on the front page, but without the quick links to it all then it's just completely not user-friendly
    This. I never read blue posts unless boub points them out
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-11-05 at 12:29 AM.

Looks very nice apart from this small bug here: there is a 1px space to the left of the topnav and 1px to the right (can't post pix here because of restriction blabla, you can ask on irc if you want it)

I'm using Chrome.
    Last edited by Stanzilla; 2010-11-05 at 12:35 AM.

I like the layout of the new design better, just not the colour. I can spend hours browsing on MMO Champ because the lovely bright colour scheme doesn't wear on me. A lot of forums these days seem to go for a dark base colour, it might make it seem 'cooler', but honestly, would you rather spend your time looking at a dark depressing screen, or a bright and cheerful screen? I'm not saying that it's so bad that it's depressing, but I much prefer the current, bright colours. Maybe, as someone else said, you could have one or more alternative colour schemes. Just my thoughts

Like the new organization. The top of the old site always looked disorderly to me. And like the darker palette, the bright green diagonal stripes was just gaudy. Good work.

perfect just wondering if there is a chance to add a tab to the recent fourm post to track the fourms that say i have made to keep track of im not a tec guy dont know how much work it would take
    <!Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton!>
    ;0

• The left bar is gone to leave the full width available for news posts.
    And yet, the site is more narrow on my screen.

• Blue posts are finally on the front page.
    This is a good change for a long time reader (not so much poster) as me.

"It's nice, but you should ... "
    keep the light green striped theme, and the little guy with the sword, and make it an option whether you want the new or the old theme. I mean, the layout is good, but I really like the light cartoonish feel this site has to it.

I love the new layout, it's clean and slick. I also like the darker green, since it's easier on the eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    top banner into header, search into the menu, after the raid comp, OLd Background, MMO Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the new layout, but I sort of like the Champion up there in the corner. The colors are better for late-night reading and such, too.

Change is good!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

do not know if this is a good or bad idea bc of trolls but IRIC tab on the header to click on to chat with you kool cats
    <!Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton!>
    ;0

I love the new forum layout. Not too crazy about the front page but the blue tracker is very nice.

I like the New one a lot more, But it needs the guy with the sword
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Looks fantastic. I'm genuinely excited about this going live.

One thing I'd like to direly request though, is a link under the Search Bar to the Advanced Search function.

As it is right now, you first have to search for something to get there, and then wait a full minute to actually use it.

- Other than that, excellent job on the design.

New theme is structurally improved, but the aesthetics and color palette remind me of a sports website. I would move away from the "turf green".

I like the new layout, the colors are a bit dark, but I don't mind them.

What I do mind is the fact that you made the whole website narrower. This old theme is fluid and extends to the whole width of my browser's viewport on 1920x1080, but the new layout is too... narrow. Leaves way too much unused space on the page.

You made the max-width to 1240pixels. Why? :-/ The design looks equally good without that limitation. I'm sure a lot of people on this website are running at 1920x1080.

This is how it should look: http://goo.gl/33O72 (copy/paste it in a browser, I can't post links, it seems)

15+ Year Old Account
    Really lovin' the new one. It's much more modern looking, better separated (I frequently visit this site on my phone, and I don't like accidentally clicking the news posts instead of a forum post (not that I don't like the news posts)), and I just generally like new things

Oh, and don't get rid of our little sword-wielding mascot!
    Last edited by Axlash54; 2010-11-05 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?