Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Remove PvP gear from the game

PvP is too based around resil, I think by removing that stat from the game and giving everyone a passive 50 - 75% damage AND healing decrease when fighting player targets it would make the PvP environment more friendly and competitive. PvP gear itself SHOULD still exist but rather then be about resil it be more about things like class bonuses (Increased stuns or CC). This would allow players who don't devote all their time into PvP and maybe play more on other aspects of the game to be almost as competitive as PvP geared players.

Naturally people who do devote time into PvP will probably have more skill then others but at least the survivability would be relatively the same.

EDIT: OK THIS IS IN CAPS SO PEOPLE CAN READ BEFORE POSTING. I KNOW PVP GEAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR DAMAGE REDUCTION, EVERY IDIOT KNOWS THAT! THE IDEA IS BASED AROUND THAT EVERYONE WOULD GET IT NOT JUST THOSE WHO DEVOTE THEMSELVES TO PVP.
    Last edited by Lynix; 2010-11-05 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Clarification

And ppl with full 277 going against a new 80 IS fair?

Not going to happen bro
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

because a level 80 in 277 pvp gear is that much different than a 277 PVE geared person against a newly geared level 80"?

Dohohohoho.... ahahaha... ohohoho... nope. Somebody post that TF2 nope vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Auliô View Post
    And ppl with full 277 going against a new 80 IS fair?

Not going to happen bro
    What's the difference between that and fresh 80s going against people in full wrathful? All resil is used for is damage reduction, so in fact fresh 80s would probably be better off.

Read the original post mate you'll see that there was actually an idea in there.

all damage and healing reduced by 75%??? that would make all pvp way longer than it is. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    Atm in wow PvP is based to much on what your gear is like
    Wait until Cata comes out, they're still working on balancing things
    but when it all come down to it PvP is based too much around gear and CC.
    PvP NEEDS CC to play offensive AND defensive.
    Whatever happened to a good even battle where you can just go head to head all out until the other team dies?
    When did this exist?
    In arena people just sit there and it's more of a race to see 1. Who can preserve mana better 2. Who can pop CD at the right time and 3. turtle so your heals can drink... I don't believe PvP should be like this.
    RACE to see who can preserve mana? What...? No one turtles so the heals can drink in arena. >.<

Sounds like you've never been above 1600.

So I say remove PvP gear from the game.. Then you guys say 'lol stupid OP then everyone could get globaled' then I respond 'But what if all damage and healing in a pvp situation was reduced by 75%?
    I can tell you came into arena at the very end of the last season of WotLK and sucked terribly at it.

and healers could never go OOM?'..
    Healers never going OOM? Games would never end in some cases and Mana Burn would be useless.

Sure then it would just be about PvE gear but I believe if blizz were to do this PvP would be more based on skill rather then gear level and who can turtle more.
    It's ONLY been based on gear at perhaps the last 1/4 of S8, and who turtles to gladiator? LOL. (I know one or two comps do, but I can tell you couldn't even name them.)
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2010-11-05 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I read your post.. Its the same either way kid... Thats why you gear up to be able to stand a chance against the people who WORKED for that good gear.. QQ less
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Sounds like you've never been above 1600.
    What's your point? some of the best players in the world turtle more then anyone else in the game if you don't believe me go watch this years tourney on blizzcon.

This post isn't about me... It's about making PvP more even... Or like.... are you just scared that because of your PvP gear is why you are any good at the game period. Or are you just some PvP hero who refuses to do anything but PvP and thinks anyone who raids is bad at game?

10+ Year Old Account
    are you just scared that because of your PvP gear is why you are any good at the game period.

Reacting to criticism with insults will NOT earn you respect OR people with like-minded views.
    [/url]

first of all i dont see whats so bad about pvp atm? after some time every (above average player, who actually deserves it) can have the best pvp gear availabe so then chances are even. also i dont see how removing all the pvp items and then nerfing damage (resilience already does that) and healing. that just makes fights even longer. have you ever played 2v2 heal+plate vs heal+plate?? :/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Reacting to criticism with insults will NOT earn you respect OR people with like-minded views.
    I like this person

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your point? some of the best players in the world turtle more then anyone else in the game if you don't believe me go watch this years tourney on blizzcon.

This post isn't about me... It's about making PvP more even... Or like.... are you just scared that because of your PvP gear is why you are any good at the game period. Or are you just some PvP hero who refuses to do anything but PvP and thinks anyone who raids is bad at game?
    My point is that since you've never been above 1600, you don't know what PvP needs or doesn't need. 1600 and below is a skill problem, not a Blizzard problem. And I know some gladiator ranked comps turtle, that's why I mentioned it in parenthesis. I got my PvP gear from BEING GOOD... I don't see what you're trying to say...? I used to raid so not exactly, normal modes are a breeze but heroics are actually worth PvEing for. I stopped raiding in S8 though.

A good even battle where people go head to head?

That sounds like the old "Line up the armys and Shoot" of the Redcoats of the Civil War. Smart armies learned to fight more effectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this person
    I like people who present their thoughts, get flamed for having an opinion, then don't act irrationally, even though the flamer deserves it.

Auliô is a pretty cool guy, he doesn't afraid of anyone!

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    My point is that since you've never been above 1600, you don't know what PvP needs or doesn't need.
    Truth truth TRUTH!

You can't complain that ICC is too easy if you're still clearing ToC.

OP, Your lack of experience negates your argument.
    [/url]

I read your post.. Its the same either way kid... Thats why you gear up to be able to stand a chance against the people who WORKED for that good gear.. QQ less
    Lol this isn't a QQ thread.... I PvP to have fun, not because I want to be the best... PvP gear and turtleing make PvP boring and tedious. Why should I have to play the game constantly when I only want to raid and do a bit of casual PvP every now and then.. Is it so much to ask that when I do that PvP it be moderately even?

TBH, he didn´t insult anyone.

And also, most of the guys here who replied to the topic were the ones who tried to insult him.

So yeah. l2read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez2673 View Post
    have you ever played 2v2 heal+plate vs heal+plate?? :/
    I'm not against you AT ALL, but Blizzard stopped trying to balance 2v2 specifically after S6. :\

PvP will never be balanced. If I want to do PvP I'll just play a FPS game. More exciting to shoot and blow someone up then trying to kill a player w/ full resilience and a priest who keeps healing him/her.