Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Updated Combat Resurrection Design, WoW Community Site

Updated Combat Resurrection Design
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    The design for combat resurrection effects has changed a good deal for Cataclysm, and we want to make sure players are clear on how spells like Rebirth and Create Soulstone now function. Rebirth has a 10-minute cooldown and Create Soulstone has a 15-minute cooldown. On raid boss encounters, you can only use one of these combat resurrection spells (so one Rebirth or one Soulstone) per attempt for 10-player raids. For 25-player raids you can use three forms of combat resurrection per raid boss attempt (so three of any combination of Rebirth and Soulstone). The count is incremented as soon as a player accepts a resurrection, so one can always choose not to accept if he or she wants someone else to get the resurrection instead. There is no equivalent of the Sated debuff (which tracks Bloodlust/Heroism usage), but you will get an error message if you try to resurrect too many players, and we might add tracking to our raid interface if there is demand for it. Outside of raid content, you can use as many battle resurrections as you have available.

For those of you currently participating in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test, please note that this functionality may not be fully implemented as of yet. If you notice combat resurrections are not currently functioning as explained here, this is just a heads-up about the updated design intent behind them.

Unless Soulstone is being changed, why does the harder to use combat rez (that being Soulstone, since you have to predict ahead of time who to Soulstone) have the longer cooldown?
    One thing we're considering with Soulstone is making it possible, in addition to its current functionality, to be cast on a dead player to give them the option of joining the living again.

New Community Site Live Preview
    Looks like we won't be the only one with a new design this week. The new community site is live and is very similar to the one launched with Starcraft 2.
    Originally Posted by "Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27607270963/new-community-site-live-preview/]Many[/url] exciting changes are coming to World of Warcraft with the upcoming Cataclysm expansion, both in-game and out. We're excited to offer you an early look at the new World of Warcraft community site, which will soon become the prime gathering spot and source of information for players on the web. You can read more about the transition from our existing website to the new one in our original announcement: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...87366608&sid=1

As you’re exploring your future home, keep in mind that this is a live preview, and not all of the new features are ready quite yet. We want your feedback about the look and feel of the new site, so while you're browsing, we encourage you to submit bug reports and make feature requests -- let your voice be heard. Go ahead. Check it out!

New World of Warcraft Community Site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

Website Bug Reports: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/

Website Feature Requests: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025939/

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    5 Tanks on Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    We have a fix going in for this in the next beta build. Should no longer be possible to do this without inflicting terrible, terrible damage and wiping. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Guarded by the Light
    We changed rank 1 of Guarded by the Light to provide the Holy Shield functionality and buff Word of Glory a little bit. Rank 2 provides the overheal shield functionality and buffs Word of Glory a bit more. (Source)

that new community site looks bad ass.

"http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27607270963/new-community-site-live-preview/]Many[/url] exciting changes are coming to World of Warcraft..." looks like you messed up with the bluepost there

If only worldofwarcraft.com and wow-europe.com would change to that design as well.

5 Tanks on Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    We have a fix going in for this in the next beta build. Should no longer be possible to do this without inflicting terrible, terrible damage and wiping.

rofl terrible, terrible damage XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    To let everyone know - If you were banned from the forums, you are no longer with the community site.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, only 3 battle rezzes per raid encounter in a raid? Oh man I am loving this more and more. Kinda silly, but also kinda needed.

Wow, their new site is awesome. They've integrated the armory, and you can actually see reforged gear.

Example: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngsol/advanced

So, Rebirth will be 10 min CD again in Cata?

well that talent is slightly less useless again

10+ Year Old Account
    The new armory (or armory integration) is really nice:

http://imgur.com/gKEGV.jpg

Lame. Battle rez is now terrible.

Deleted
    Wait, so why isn't this available for EU too? The new forums i mean.

Wow this new design on mmo-champion looks awesome. Still I'm not sure I can handle all these changes at once!

Quote Originally Posted by garylisk View Post
    Lame. Battle rez is now terrible.
    Completly disagree. This change was need, as raids with only 1 lock and 2 druids were really penelised compared to one with 4 druids and 2 lock.

Battle rez is too powerfull at his current state (the number of times will killed the boss only thanks to a healer being Brez is good example of that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    Wait, so why isn't this available for EU too? The new forums i mean.
    Give it some more time, EU stuff always comes later (with less bugs, usually).

I am trying to understand their changes to the battlerez system and will do my best to throw forth a good argument. I think this change caters more towards the extreme hard core raiders who would purposefully stack Brezzers to do certain encounters.This is counter to what blizz said about "bringin the player-not the class" But we all know hardcore raiders will do anything to down a boss easier and faster.
    So if a reg fight is actually requiring brez to get through it, i don't think we should nerf brez but rather examine what is causing this to be required in the fight.I mean if brez was that important they would be dished out to every healer like normal rez...THEN they would have cause for legitemate concern.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Wow this new design on mmo-champion looks awesome. Still I'm not sure I can handle all these changes at once!
    Where exactly do you see the new MMO-Champion design?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Community site looks really good!
    Hope they will keep it clean.

What about shamans with their self res? will those count?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new community site looks so so good