Cataclysm Release Parties

My friends and I have a somewhat unique situation when it comes to the release of Cataclysm. We're all friends with two guys that own a video game store. They just so happen to live in the back of the store in their own apartment. So on December 6 we asked if we could throw a party and then when it dings 12:01 we throw our money at them and bail with our copies.

My question is, is anyone else throwing a party? Those of you with digital downloads or getting together and then heading to wait in line? Or are we the only ones?

I've been thinking trivia or some other stupid nerdy games. Any suggestions for games? Thanks guys!

I'm gonna have a party......

In my pants.

I'm probably going to sit on our chat server and hang out with the guys. Then we'll beeline for BRC and the fun shall begin.

You could play "Sap, Sap, GOUGE." It's like Duck, Duck, GOOSE but hurts.

"Spin the Gnome" and "Truth or Fap" is another couple party favorites.

Me and four other friends are getting together and leveling to 85 as fast as humanly possible. We have it all planned out. Buy the digital download (Along with 1 hard copy of the game, so that if we ever need to reinstall we can call whoever has it to get the disk, as we all live on the same street) Have it installed and ready to go the night before cataclysm, align the computers in my basement sound room so that there are no disruptions. And about 30 minutes before cataclysm hits put assorted amounts of Beer / Soda in the coolers beside us. Move a microwave into the room and keep it on its lowest cook setting constantly rotating for hours so that we can keep our burgers / hotdogs / other assorted food warm. And when cata is all ready login and game until one of us passes out or dies. Epic nights will be epic. If all goes as planned then the Realm First! Level 85 Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Death Knight, and Mage will all be sitting in the same room.
    Last edited by Hoomin; 2010-11-05 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Guess I'll just sleep, the day after I'm most likely going to have another blasted test -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    Me and four other friends are getting together and leveling to 85 as fast as humanly possible. We have it all planned out. Buy the digital download (Along with 1 hard copy of the game, so that if we ever need to reinstall we can call whoever has it to get the disk, as we all live on the same street) Have it installed and ready to go the night before cataclysm, align the computers in my basement sound room so that there are no disruptions. And about 30 minutes before cataclysm hits put assorted amounts of Beer / Soda in the coolers beside us. Move a microwave into the room and keep it on its lowest cook setting constantly rotating for hours so that we can keep our burgers / hotdogs / other assorted food warm. And when cata is all ready login and game until one of us passes out or dies. Epic nights will be epic.
    You don't need a hard copy to re-install....

I'll be sleeping and doing my homework for the time
    I sure am a wild, fun person

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows i play wow, and none of my friends play it, and if they do, they keep it a secret. Nerds (wow players) are REALLY frowned upon in my collage. No party for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Me and four other friends are getting together and leveling to 85 as fast as humanly possible. We have it all planned out. Buy the digital download (Along with 1 hard copy of the game, so that if we ever need to reinstall we can call whoever has it to get the disk, as we all live on the same street) Have it installed and ready to go the night before cataclysm, align the computers in my basement sound room so that there are no disruptions. And about 30 minutes before cataclysm hits put assorted amounts of Beer / Soda in the coolers beside us. Move a microwave into the room and keep it on its lowest cook setting constantly rotating for hours so that we can keep our burgers / hotdogs / other assorted food warm. And when cata is all ready login and game until one of us passes out or dies. Epic nights will be epic. If all goes as planned then the Realm First! Level 85 Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Death Knight, and Mage will all be sitting in the same room.
    I'm thinking you might want to just microwave the food when you actually want to eat it, otherwise your burgers/hotdogs/other assorted food might be pretty rubbery and gross. Just figured I'd mention that, because I don't want you to miss out on your Well Fed buff and lose Ream First!s.

GL.

Deleted
    Reminds me of that South Park episode. Have fun dying in your basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    Reminds me of that South Park episode. Have fun dying in your basement.
    Breaking NEWS at 9: 5 acne ridden teens found dead in a basement which reeks of stale chip grease and burnt hotdogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^