Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Great job, it looks amazing! I actually like the new green background, too.
    Last edited by Khalija; 2010-11-07 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofos View Post
    Where... is... MMO Champion GUY ?!!!!!
    check he blue tracker for posts started by non blues... their avatar is...... MMO-GUY!!!

Edit: editing and reading/posting is ok for my samsung galaxy s, edited this post on my phone.
    Last edited by Wnxcow; 2010-11-07 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Had to check posting on phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

Deleted
    Absolutely love the new site guys - good job!

I like the "look" ... but I hate the fact that news starts well below "the fold". Eyebrow + Header + Menu + Banner + Recent Bar = waaaaay to much stuff at top before the *meat* of the site. You don't _ever_ start your main content below the fold. That's marketing 101.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidebar View Post
    I like the "look" ... but I hate the fact that news starts well below "the fold". Eyebrow + Header + Menu + Banner + Recent Bar = waaaaay to much stuff at top before the *meat* of the site. You don't _ever_ start your main content below the fold. That's marketing 101.
    I agree.

~Kretic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazary View Post
    This is my opinion. I hate the new site. Its not bad, but the older version to me was bright, eyecatching, the format was great for reading on a screen or mobile screen, and the information was clear and consise. Now its horrible and too stretched. Seen the Cataclysm Heroic Raid List thread?

On the previous version this woud have looked less bland, and much tighter. I mean that as the information would be more compact. Either that or it was a complete opitcal illusion but it still looked much nicer and felt better to read.

MMochampion used to be one of my favourite sites for its layout & look & great content. Used to. It just feels now like all the character it had is now sucked out of it. Even if the content is still there, I'm not impressed. I don't understand all these comments like "ITS GREAT!". Its mundane and boring.

Bring back the old site or at least give us an option to use & apply it even if I personally have to program my internet browser for hours to do it. I would go to extreme lengths just to get the site back to the way it was looking.
    Can't agree more, the new site looks booring!

And btw, I only see the MMO-guy as the tab icon! :/

only disappointment from here.. please make it the old way again, till you found something else to come up with. This is just horrible to look at..

Sort of random but, to go back o the homepage on this and most website, I usually click a logo at the top of the page, like the MMO Champion logo at the top left of this page, but on the blue post page, that link doesn't exist.I hate hitting backspace

15+ Year Old Account
    Really nice design. Nice job. =)

Deleted
    Blue tracker has a LOT of space wasted for ads, Recent posts and Recent news.

What settings have to be changed to hide the "Recent Blue Posts" and "Recent Forum Posts" boxes?

/solved with userContent.css in Firefox
    Last edited by Kirthon; 2010-11-08 at 01:05 PM.

As I look through this more and more, I take back my original post about how nice it is. This is disgusting, and poorly laid out, and hard to navigate. The blue tracker is a HUGE waste, all this curse crap needs to go, and why for the love of god when i click someones profile do i need to wait an ADDITIONAL MINUTE to see recent posts? Give me a break. I go back to my original. You're a sellout, and you've destroyed what once was a wonderful site.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kazary View Post
    This is my opinion. I hate the new site. Its not bad, but the older version to me was bright, eyecatching, the format was great for reading on a screen or mobile screen, and the information was clear and consise. Now its horrible and too stretched. Seen the Cataclysm Heroic Raid List thread?

On the previous version this woud have looked less bland, and much tighter. I mean that as the information would be more compact. Either that or it was a complete opitcal illusion but it still looked much nicer and felt better to read.

MMochampion used to be one of my favourite sites for its layout & look & great content. Used to. It just feels now like all the character it had is now sucked out of it. Even if the content is still there, I'm not impressed. I don't understand all these comments like "ITS GREAT!". Its mundane and boring.

Bring back the old site or at least give us an option to use & apply it even if I personally have to program my internet browser for hours to do it. I would go to extreme lengths just to get the site back to the way it was looking.
    ^^this!

Please oh PLEASE at least put an option to chose a different skin, this is so eye hurting I just can't read a post all the way. This used to be my homepage, but now I just can't stand it, its so damm depressing, and today is raining outside, looking at this just makes me feel like putting an end to my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjelin View Post
    Seems its time to update my userstyle then =)
    http://userstyles.org/styles/32693?r=1289056497
    Updated it today, MMO-guy added to the logo, will do more updates when I get time.
    http://userstyles.org/styles/32693?r=1289292642

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjelin View Post
    Updated it today, MMO-guy added to the logo, will do more updates when I get time.
    http://userstyles.org/styles/32693?r=1289292642
    Very nice option for the logo, now if you could just make that depressing background go away it would be awesome! Or at least take out the fixed max width, cos it ok in a lower resolution screen but in very high resolutions all you see is that green :S

oh btw I'm not skilled enough to do it but its even possible to change the hole .css file using userscripts, I know I saw it somewhere, maybe if boub can't/not willing to give us the option to chose between skins in site settings he or someone could at least release a .css file closer to the look of the old site, so that everyone that's been here almost since day 1 feels at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    Very nice option for the logo, now if you could just make that depressing background go away it would be awesome! Or at least take out the fixed max width, cos it ok in a lower resolution screen but in very high resolutions all you see is that green :S

oh btw I'm not skilled enough to do it but its even possible to change the hole .css file using userscripts, I know I saw it somewhere, maybe if boub can't/not willing to give us the option to chose between skins in site settings he or someone could at least release a .css file closer to the look of the old site, so that everyone that's been here almost since day 1 feels at home.
    max width fixed.
    Ill see what I can do with the background.
    If you got a screenshot of it in full resolution it'd help a lot.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Mmo c is sound.
    Insert Signiture here.

I don't like the new layout and stuff at all. Not my style.

some issues:
    -is there a forum about MMO site? someplace where to leave feedback about the site, the forum, the blue tracker..and the other parts of this site ?
    -in the blue tracker RSS feed.. is it possible to put in the title of a post, the forum the post is in? now the title is: [region]text. make it [forum]text - blue poster.

thanx
    Last edited by Azmodan; 2010-11-16 at 01:27 PM.

While I understand the need for advertisements on the site, I am opposed to those advertisements making it impossible to navigate. For example, I consistently cannot use the Cataclysm drop down menu at the top right because the menu opens UNDER the advertisement up there. I can't resize the screen or otherwise avoid this. It's frustrating and all I really want is to be able to get to the professions section. I tried refreshing the screen to get a new ad that might not be so bossy, but to no avail.