Fell in love healing 5mans!!

Oh my god, Becky. Check out that....spec! I switched from shadow to holy for My OS just for fun...holy hell I have never felt so efficient in my life! Tanks taking damage? PoM no prob. Binding heal is awesome. Ret has RF on, DK is in blood? No worries! aoe healing is wonderful!

Ran twice with a group, regular HoR and HUK and absolutely loved it. Before in disc, I used to crap out when raid took damage. Spam renew isn't mana efficient and shields are meh at my item level (around ulduar gear).

I only assume healing 10ms and 25s get better!? If so, I'm in.

Has anyone switched to holy or play holy and love it? not as mana efficient...but meh. I'm having fun
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

You do realize you can Prayer of Healing your group in disc right? In fact you have a 25% increased chance to crit with it on the entire party, then if/when those crit it puts up divine Aegis. I find AoE healing for dungeons to be a non issue as disc.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

healing is something someone likes or dislikes. those who like it find it fun/rewarding etc to keep people alive. the others feel bored they got pigeon-holed in a healing role because they don't get to display BIG dmg figures all over the screen.

you may have found yourself being of the former.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing as a priest is really fun, glad you found something you enjoy, and yes, healing in a raid setting is certainly more fun than 5 mans. Keep enjoying yourself, that's what the game is all about!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    I've not tried healing on priest yet, I had a feral DPS druid that i dual spec'd to healing so i could run dungeons quicker loved that and managed to gear both sides up quickly running as a healer. Did the same with shaman enhance (or should i say enchantment shaman LOL) running stuff as a healer got me into groups quicker. Now with the lowered price of dual spec, i should go and get my priest done to see if i like her healing aswell, although i'm giving my lock some loving at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    You do realize you can Prayer of Healing your group in disc right? In fact you have a 25% increased chance to crit with it on the entire party, then if/when those crit it puts up divine Aegis. I find AoE healing for dungeons to be a non issue as disc.
    POH is more sexy with chakra

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of healing

I don't play priest at the moment, but I will have a holy/shadow goblin come Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    Yeah but I feel weird casting anything besides penance and flash heal...Im prolly doing it wrong..
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Has anyone switched to holy or play holy and love it? not as mana efficient...but meh. I'm having fun
    I have a Holy Pally, and my girlfriend has a Holy Priest. Having played both, and also shaman+druid alt healers from 60-70 I can honestly tell you I prefer Holy Priest to all other healers.

While some other classes excel in particular circumstances, nothing feels like it has the variety of tools like Holy Priest, even if no other healer has mana-issues like it either.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Yeah but I feel weird casting anything besides penance and flash heal...Im prolly doing it wrong..
    Well, variety is better than tunnel-vision, but it's true; Disc really encourages you to stick to your school-heals which is sort of a Pavlovian way of discouraging you from using other spells.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

I love healing. My main is a resto shaman, but I leveled up a priest to heal with as well. And I've been meaning to do a druid as well. See, I'm no good at tanking, so I really don't like it. DPS is fine, but there are a billion DPS. Long queue's, hard to find groups, etc, etc... Healing is perfect. You always feel needed, I never have a hard time finding a group, and never get long queue times. Healing is amazing. Only thing I'll probably ever do in this game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    See, I'm no good at tanking, so I really don't like it.
    Nonsense. You just need practice/a good teacher. Anyone can do anything in this game well, they just need the time and experience. I'm glad you like healing, though.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

it could just be the gear but I found the opposite to be true in 5 mans. I could keep shields up no problem but as holy i would use noticeably more mana with renew spam.

You're absolutely spot on about healing being a lot easier and fun now. Its a lot less binary now and you can learn and get better at it rather than "OMGFAILHEALER" or "acceptable".

Quote Originally Posted by wizdro View Post
    Nonsense. You just need practice/a good teacher. Anyone can do anything in this game well, they just need the time and experience. I'm glad you like healing, though.
    You're right really, in the end I could be an amazing tank if I put my mind to. I just never have. But at the moment, if I log into my warrior and tank a dungeon, it generally doesn't go that good, simply because I haven't done it enough to master that aspect of the game. And if you aren't good at something (even if it's just due to lack of practice), it can get frustrating an unenjoyable. Which is where I currently stand on tanking It's like back in the day, I use to HATE playing Halo 2 with my friends, because I was never any good. But once I got to a decent skill level, I loved it.

But yeah, healings where it's at
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There really should be more threads like this, you go girl/guy!

How is healing raids? PoH seems like CH for shamans in which I healed a few bosses in icc, toc fully and voa fully. Will mana be a problem? Now that I got this alt to around i226 ilvl I should be fine to heal toc10 hopefully :P
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

I love healing. I'm currently leveling a holy paladin. He hasn't left Stormwind since level 15, just queuing for randoms.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86