Poll: Who is/was the best Paladin in warcraft lore?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Uther was certainly the most spiritual paladin, and the first. But he's not one known for being the greatest fighter ever known. In terms of sheer might, Turalyon and Mograine were fighting paladins. They were the ones who'd run into armies like a maelstrom of glowing, righteous death. He's the guy who embodied 'paladin' though, so technically he's the best? That's my argument at least.

Athene ofc.
    jk, Uther imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it isnt related, i chose Turalyon because of that moment in Blackrock mountain battle, when Lothar falls and Turalyon enrages.

General Turalyon gets my vote Uther is a close second too many people dont know who Turalyon is / (was?) so i think thats why hes not as high as uther.

Also why is arthas less then Alex Mograine...he became a deathknight too people!!!
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's Tirion if you count Ashbringer. It's Turalyon if you don't.

Deleted
    Athene - best Paladin in the World!

Deleted
    Athene

Crowe... I threat you with the wrath of doom! -.-

Quote Originally Posted by victor227 View Post
    Uther was certainly the most spiritual paladin, and the first. But he's not one known for being the greatest fighter ever known. In terms of sheer might, Turalyon and Mograine were fighting paladins. They were the ones who'd run into armies like a maelstrom of glowing, righteous death. He's the guy who embodied 'paladin' though, so technically he's the best? That's my argument at least.
    If I remember correctly, Uther was a pieous warrior before becoming a paladin, whereas Turalyon was a priest.
    And in this light I chose Turalyon, as it's easier to learn how to wield a warhammer than become chosen by the light.

Generally I think that priests that become paladins are more powerful than warriors that become paladins.

I voted Tirion just because he was the only one who could unite the Alliance and Horde long enough to defeat the LK. Without him, who would have organized the entire war effort? But Uther is still a major badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    tirion. hes the only one to have beaten the lich king.

just cuz uther was the first doesnt make him the best.

quote from wowpedia: However, there are paladins who criticized him for the very things he is extolled for. They say that Uther was so loyal to the throne that he did not dare to stop Arthas from killing the citizens of Stratholme. By this dichotomy, Uther has come to be seen as a source of hope and inspiration to many, and a representation of blind devotion and negligence to others.
    he did fuck all, me and my friends beat the shit out of him while he stood there watching us then realised he could bubble out of the ice block... and hit him once when he wasnt looking and broke his sword, then his dad came and told him off and then me and my friends beat on him abit more

Uther was murdered by Arthas before he was the Lich King.
    Tirion shattered Frostmourne.
    Mograine was slaughtered.
    Turalyon..? Alright...
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    General Turalyon gets my vote Uther is a close second too many people dont know who Turalyon is / (was?) so i think thats why hes not as high as uther.

Also why is arthas less then Alex Mograine...he became a deathknight too people!!!
    because he didnt go crazy, he got murdered by his son with the weapon he made for the soul purpose of destroying the scourge

The best paladin is obviously athens
    Last edited by Mercarcher; 2010-11-06 at 12:46 AM.

A narrow victory by Alexandros Mograine over Uther the Lightbringer.

Both founded sects of Paladins; Uther led the Knights of the Silver Hand, while Mograine led the Scarlet Crusader, and later the Argent Dawn.

Were it not for his traitor son (the one in the Scarlet Monastary Cathedral), he would likely be side by side with Tirion in Northrend. He was the origional Ashbringer. For those who have read Arthas Menethil: The Rise of the Lich King, think of that one part where Arthas meets up with the team of mortar-operating Dwarves, and eventually a few dozen of the Kingdom's troops. When they all turned, and he and his men were surrounded, he fought for quite a while. He had a couple of dozen paladins at his back. When Alexandros' son betrayed him, it was only he and Inquisitor Fairbanks that were in Strathholme, alone. Fairbanks eventually became entrapped in a pile of corpses. Alexandros fought the legions of Stratholme alone for who knows how long, until he fell, not of injuries, but of exhaustion. It was then when he was overwhelmed, and his son went and took the Ashbringer, and killed his own father. That was the act that corrupted the Ashbringer. Uther died fighting a 1v1 with Arthas. Frostmourne or not, Uther was the greatest Paladin (or so depicted as) of all time.

That is my justification of why Alexandros Mograine is the best Paladin of all time, and not Uther the Lightbringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroxide View Post
    Uther was murdered by Arthas before he was the Lich King.
    Tirion shattered Frostmourne.
    Mograine was slaughtered.
    Turalyon..? Alright...
    Turalyon was the source responsible for the defeat of the Horde in the final battle of the second war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mograine, it took the armies of Naxxaramas, and his own son's betrayal to kill him. Whereas, Uther got crushed by Arthas, Tirion is a joke comparatively, and Turalyon got trapped in Draenor. Mograine was the epitome of holy power.

Uther SINCE HE CREATED PALADINS

Arthas was a terrible paladin in all honesty, he wiped out a whole town, nearly killed his childhood friend, and shunned the advice of his elders
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

obviously uther the lightbringer, tirion in a close second, arthas shouldnt even be there cause he wasnt powerful till he became a death knight and paladins are all about keeping to the light, keeping the peace, i dont think going back to lordaeron, and assasinating your own father, the king, is very respectful to the light

You could also argue bolvar, because the amount of torture he went through wouldve killed most normal paladins, but he survived the dragons flame and the lich kings torture, and he made the ultimate sacrifice of becoming the jailor of the damned
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2010-11-06 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Turalyon was the source responsible for the defeat of the Horde in the final battle of the second war.
    I know who he is, I played Warcraft back in the day. I just don't understand how he could be compared as the best. To each his own I suppose.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    who the fuck picked bolvar...
    I pick him... cause i know everyone will go for Uther.
    And come on how can you hate Bolvar dragon slapper