Poll: Worst raid ever.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    ICC was a good raid, they just dragged it out WAYYY too long
    nah, i've been raiding karazhan and all that (with more alts) for more time than ICC (while on the meantime being in mains for example at t5/6) and i still prefer karazhan over ICC any day... ICC being out for too long is just an excuse for a fail raid. No raid should be cleared within 3-4 months to be honest, never saw any1 complaining about BT and all that being up for too long because most never even cleared, ICC was just too easy and thats why everyone cleared it fast and got bored of it = not a good raid..
    and regardless, my opinion, i still believe ICC should be in the list

10+ Year Old Account
    I could say ToC, because you're locked in one room most the time, but voted for Naxxramas, because I dont like its atmosfphere and scary screaming everywhere

I chose ToC, but Malygos raid is way up there. And in the fact that in order to even fight malygos, you had to kill sapphiron and get the key to make him land. If it wasn't for stage 3, malygos wouldn't be that bad of a raid.

Deleted
    ToC what else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    The original Naxx, because it just wasn't available to many people.
    BITE YOUR TOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LK naxx fucked it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    How do you mean it has no proper lore?

Deathchin's newest creation raids the sanctum of an enemy dragonflight to steal the eggs. (Which will be used to make more twilight drakes); What more lore do you want?
    We are playing WOTLK. Wrath of the LICH KING. What does Deathing have to do with LK and Scourge? Regardless of RS being added in 3.3.5, it IS the last raid instance of the expansion, which is total fail. It's the Lich King who should be the last boss of expansion.

And in before SWP. This one was actually good lore tweak, because we were having crusade against Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden summoned via Sunwell was a great idea.

That being said: RS as the worst raid instance for its lack of connection with Wotlk lore, its stupidly OP trash compared to easy mode boss fight and copy paste of OS.

ruby sanctrum
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    This one would be pretty high on "worst poll ever" poll. You're missing about 2/3 of raid instances on the list, including Molten Bore which is worst raid instance ever. Also first raid instance which might be the reason.
    MC wasn't the first raid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    How do you mean it has no proper lore?

Deathchin's newest creation raids the sanctum of an enemy dragonflight to steal the eggs. (Which will be used to make more twilight drakes); What more lore do you want?
    This. I don't get why people don't think there's any proper lore about the raid, just goes to show that people don't read quest logs and simply go in to get purples.

I'd have said Tempest Keep: The Eye, but it's not on the amazingly variating poll(no Vanilla raids and only 3 from the Burning Crusade?), so I went with Gruul's Lair instead. Two raids I never want to see the shadow of again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit
    The only reason you would hate it would be because you had to do it way too much to gear up your guild.

That doesn't make the raid instance bad though.
    You are wrong. The reason I hate Molten Core is because it's boring. I ran it maybe 3 - 4 times, and hated every single run. It looks horrible, and feels awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Calling the very first raid boring? You people are mad!
    It was fucking awesome do go there with 39 others and be amazed by everything that was going on in there.

Edit: I'm referring to the people saying MC was boring.
    They're probably BC or Wrath players.

I voted VoA... not even worthy of the name 'raid'. The bosses are pushover loot pinatas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    The only reason you would hate it would be because you had to do it way too much to gear up your guild.

That doesn't make the raid instance bad though.

ToC was a part of WotLK as a whole so it had something to back up the boring 1 zoned encounters.

Ruby Sanctum doesn't have any proper lore to make it a worthy raid instance so my vote goes to RS.
    Thats really not the only reason to hate MC, the whole place is just awful.. I won't vote until it's amongst the options.

Why didn't you add any vanilla raids to the poll? Isn't the thread named "ever"? MC was one of the worst raids ever. That's not to mention UBRS.

I like all the raids since I enjoy raiding. With that being said Toc/ToGC was my least favorite of all the raids available. Being in the same room for 4 fights in a row seemed very cheap.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    WTF kind of poll is that? Where is MC for example? I mean..if you dare include Karazhan in this poll..go all out and include everything.

I seriously cannot see under what "rules" you guys vote for the worst raid here? Lore? Are you all on RP servers. Designwise, MC was definitely shit. A huge cave with 4 models of mobs that were re-used all through the place for trash and bosses AND even re-used those from mobs that were common already in Azeroth. And pretty much every second fight was CC ads, spank boss.
    There's actually 7 models used in MC but anyway, its not really a bad instance compared to say ToC. Sure some of the fights are pretty bland but bosses like Baron, Majordomo and Ragnaros are alot better then most new ones that also had the benefit of being created out of experience from previous raids.

Not to mention it contains 2 of the most badass legendaries in the game.
    Last edited by banana_split; 2010-11-06 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    We are playing WOTLK. Wrath of the LICH KING. What does Deathing have to do with LK and Scourge? Regardless of RS being added in 3.3.5, it IS the last raid instance of the expansion, which is total fail. It's the Lich King who should be the last boss of expansion.

And in before SWP. This one was actually good lore tweak, because we were having crusade against Burning Legion. Kil'jaeden summoned via Sunwell was a great idea.

That being said: RS as the worst raid instance for its lack of connection with Wotlk lore, its stupidly OP trash compared to easy mode boss fight and copy paste of OS.
    Tbh be glad they atleast added something to kill some time(not alot tho).

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Tbh be glad they atleast added something to kill some time(not alot tho).
    Would rather have some Troll or Kvaldir raid before ICC.

Dunno how people are choosing ToC over RS... ToC had one of the hardest and intuitive fights of the expansion (Heroic Anub) and was an easy farm for alts. It also had some great options in terms of achievement-based things, such as the immortality horse and the gear-limited 10man title.

Sure, it only took place in one room (technically 2) that was also used in a 5-man, but it really wasn't *that* bad of an instance. The bosses (not including champions) were pretty original and fairly interesting (the idea of portals and damage absorption for Val'kyrs, multiple boss mobs for Northrend Beasts, and a strong burn on portals/volcanos for Jaraxxus to prevent more adds).

Halion didn't even have that many mechanics, if you're one of the people who stay down below from phase 2 to death, you know what I'm talking about. Same thing for 5 minutes = boring -_-

ToC by far. I thought about this pretty hard actually. I have to say I NEVER enjoyed doing ToC. Not even from the start. I thought about maybe Ruby Sanctum but then I realized my only issue with it besides being an OS clone, was that I was already really burnt out from ICC by the time it came out. And OS, I enjoyed for a while at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many choosing TOC...Anub was a pretty fun and interesting fight. Far more fun than all of the random dragon filler instances.