Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The new "Libram of Renewal"

Shard of Woe - The new "Libram of Renewal"? Now back in trinket form! Anyone else forsee this being BiS for alot of healers, (especially us paladins) for a loong, looong time?
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Deleted
    We finally get rid of that godforsaken libram and now your comparing it to a trinket purely based upon the fact it lowers base mana cost which isn't even vaguely similar to the libram.

I mean really?

Quote Originally Posted by Velion View Post
    We finally get rid of that godforsaken libram and now your comparing it to a trinket purely based upon the fact it lowers base mana cost which isn't even vaguely similar to the libram.

I mean really?
    Unless I'm understanding the tooltip wrong, which is extremely possible, 405 reduction on our spells is very comparable to the 113 off holy light we got in WotLK. So yes, I mean really. Tooltips have burned me in the past though with unclear descriptions, so if someone knows otherwise I'd greatly appreciate being corrected on it.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

I mean really?
    By not even vageuly similar you must me nearly identical. Other than it affects all spells. The only thing that would make it dis-similar is that it is a trinket, which as trinkets progress through Cata could make it become obsolete. However with current trinkets this looks like quite an incredible trinket, especially with the changes to spell costs for paladins.

Deleted
    I'm getting at the fact you called it the new Libram, when first of all its a trinket that reduces the mana cost of ALL SPELLS, not just one.

edit - it's like saying BRO THIS TRINKET IS LIKE THE THE NEW SHADOWMOURNE YOU GET X AMMOUNT OF STRENGTH EVERY TIME AND IT STACKS SO THEY MUST BE 'NEARLY IDENTICAL'. oh wait jk ones a trinket and ones a axe.
    Last edited by mmocb757bedf5f; 2010-11-06 at 08:12 PM.

Probably gonna be BiS for paladin healers and arcane mages. And very good for all other healers.

I'm getting at the fact you called it the new Libram, when first of all its a trinket that reduces the mana cost of ALL SPELLS, not just one.
    Let me clear it up for you, since if its hard to understand, you're doubtfully a Holy Paladin. When I say, the new "Libram of Renewal" I do not mean a libram that lowers holy light mana cost. I mean the new piece of gear we get in the first tier of raiding and we end up wearing all the way to end game.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Deleted
    kinda reminds of spark of hope tbh..

edit - it's like saying BRO THIS TRINKET IS LIKE THE THE NEW SHADOWMOURNE YOU GET X AMMOUNT OF STRENGTH EVERY TIME AND IT STACKS SO THEY MUST BE 'NEARLY IDENTICAL'. oh wait jk ones a trinket and ones a axe.
    Except that trinkets and librams (or any relics) can be very similar in that they usually alter spells or behaivor of abilities... where armor/weapons typically do not. Weapons specifically can have procs.

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveriaa View Post
    Let me clear it up for you, since if its hard to understand, you're doubtfully a Holy Paladin. When I say, the new "Libram of Renewal" I do not mean a libram that lowers holy light mana cost. I mean the new piece of gear we get in the first tier of raiding and we end up wearing all the way to end game.
    ^ this

i see that being a BiS for healadins, and possibly resto shamans, taking into account the haste benefit

15+ Year Old Account
    this does indeed look very nice and staple in most healer's BiS lists, at least in the first tier or 2.

Deleted
    If anything it's the new Spark of Hope, but it has absolutely no resemblance to libram.

Deleted
    I'm well aware of the problem WoTLK bestowed upon holy paladins i only replaced Greatness Int when I finally got the Meteorite Crystal, but it's not the best idea to word it how you did.
    Shard of Woe - The new "Libram of Renewal"
    Quote Originally Posted by Exaltednun View Post
    Except that trinkets and librams (or any relics) can be very similar in that they usually alter spells or behaivor of abilities... where armor/weapons typically do not. Weapons specifically can have procs.
    You my good sir deserve this.

Banned. They weren't even funny, either. ~Lysah
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-11-06 at 11:13 PM.

the "problem" of libram of renewal wasn't that it was it was the only one reducing mana cost* of spell, the problem was that it has never been upgraded and next librams sucked.
    i mean, if they once put a libram of renewal+1, i dunno, in toc, that reduce mana cost by 140 instead of 113. the problem was solved...
    or something like "each time you <do something> you get more mana"

* read as: give you more mana efficiency and not "you heal more"

edit: and btw, trinket had always been something like "unique", its hard to find 2 trinket that have the same effect but with bigger number.
    so isn't rare that trinket survive to ilvl gap, like meteorite crystal or solace

Deleted
    I got what you meant, even if he didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    edit: and btw, trinket had always been something like "unique", its hard to find 2 trinket that have the same effect but with bigger number.
    so isn't rare that trinket survive to ilvl gap, like meteorite crystal or solace
    True. It's not like we had tiers with the same gear with different stats on different difficulties and it's not like there was a clone of DMC:G in almost every tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    I got what you meant, even if he didn't.
    Lol, thanks at least somebody did. Either way smells like trollin' to me. I mean did the way I word it shatter all your hopes for a libram that reduces the cost on Holy Light? During those 1-3 seconds of page loading time, did you alter your cata BiS list with this new, shiney libram someone found? Likely not, so please stop trolling in my thread because you did your dailies and can't find anything else to do for the night.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Did the new website layout lower this community's IQ by 50%?

Jesus Christ, people.

Deleted
    Lol, thanks at least somebody did. Either way smells like trollin' to me. I mean did the way I word it shatter all your hopes for a libram that reduces the cost on Holy Light? During those 1-3 seconds of page loading time, did you alter your cata BiS list with this new, shiney libram someone found? Likely not, so please stop trolling in my thread because you did your dailies and can't find anything else to do for the night.
    So i'm trolling becuase you make a OP thats vague as fuck and based purely 100% on assumption considering we haven't seen t2 trinkets.

lolsup