Cool Raid Healing Questions

Hey! I've been playing as a resto druid and holy pally in ICC, and I am in doubt when it cames to which class I will play mainly in Cata. After a few vids from the beta raids, I could realize that Palies and Shamies are healing a LOT more than droods and priests. And in ICC it certanly doesn't happen. Is there any reason for this or it is just a matter of the fight machanics itself.

THX!

-
    Arhamis - resto drood - Gurubashi
    Hefestyon - holy paly - Gurubashi
    Ambrosya - crippled rogue - Gurubashi

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Radiance was too powerful for a while and becoming the majority of paladin healing. My understanding is that it's been nerfed to more reasonable levels, but that change may or may not be live on beta yet. I'm not in it, so I don't know.

I would say, look for style over numbers. Numbers change, mechanics won't.

What would you prefer? Sniping people with instants or HoTting them up? Relying on Holy Power or becoming a tree? Really analyze which style you like and go from there.

Yeah, eternal. Thx for your reply...i like both styles...but the way paly changed is really drawing my attention.........I can't wait to see how our spells will interact with party/raid healing!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucian666 View Post
    Yeah, eternal. Thx for your reply...i like both styles...but the way paly changed is really drawing my attention.........I can't wait to see how our spells will interact with party/raid healing!
    Personally I'm in the "sniping people with instants" boat. Right now Light of Dawn is...quirky...for lack of a better term, but it's not going to stay in its current incarnation so don't even bother getting used to positioning it correctly now imo. They are changing it to a frontal cone smart heal, which means it's more reliable and less sensitive to your positioning, but it requires Holy Power. Haven't tried Holy Radiance as again not in beta, but with the change to Light of Dawn+Holy Radiance+instants everywhere, we should be perfectly competent.