Thread: Honor Cap

Honor Cap

Can anyone tell me what the current honor cap is (like JP is 4000). Also will honor be resetting when Cata is released? Thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure honor cap is @ 4,000 too. Don't know if it will be reset tho, and.. now I wonder that too
    7-11 never stop

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    4k is the honor cap. And most likely no. It won't be reseted. Only arena points reset. Which is even removed now since it becomes some other points now.

Deleted
    99% sure it wont be reset. same as JP i guess.

4k, will not reset.

it will NOT be reset; and although the honor cap is 4k a lot of people run around with over 10k

But 4k is currently the "Softcap" blizz has posted that they will be enforcing the hardcap of 4k before cata, and that any points over the 4k will be converted to gold and mailed to you.

Thanks for the replies. Anything good to buy at level 85 or will it be similar to JP only buying a couple of blues?

It's already hard enough, you can't obtain more than 4k.
    It was only soft for the conversion of old currencies to new points.

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Anything good to buy at level 85 or will it be similar to JP only buying a couple of blues?
    Similar. But it will be the only way to get blues with resil, which will surely help you in farming more honor.

Example about the reset: You have 3k honorpoints. Next season, when you can earn conquestpoints, you get 500 of those too. When secound season in cataclysm hits, your 500 conquestpoints are added up with the 3k honor = 3,5k honor.

If you get 1200 conquest, 200 of them will be converted into gold.

Not shure tho, but that's how I read it...

(As Tizdale mentioned; it's only softcap now @ 4k. Hardcap of 4k is coming)

Deleted
    I had 4109 honor after the patch where all the currency changes came in, but I spent 4k on the mounts so I dunno. But I definetely had more than 4k but might be it's the current cap but my former honor points just we're more. No screenshot sorry becouse I didn't think of this stuff by the time. And now you say "no SS didn't happen" I guess.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blumfeld View Post
    I had 4109 honor after the patch where all the currency changes came in, but I spent 4k on the mounts so I dunno. But I definetely had more than 4k but might be it's the current cap but my former honor points just we're more. No screenshot sorry becouse I didn't think of this stuff by the time. And now you say "no SS didn't happen" I guess.
    If you read all the previous posts, you would understand the difference between the softcap after the patch, and the hardcap.

To simplify it for the simples:

1- Honor Cap is 4,000
    2- Any honor gained above 4,000 is converted to gold.
    3- When patch 4.0 was launched, it was possible to have honor above the cap resulting from the badge conversion.
    4- At the launch of Cataclysm, any honor points above 4,000 will be removed and converted to gold.

So basically, you currently can NOT gain honor above 4,000, and any honor points that you currently have above 4,000 will be removed once Cataclysm is launched.