Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cod is busted.. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD

blizzard made such a bad job i mean this game is sooooo broken it's all slow and laggy! >.>

.... wonder if anyone will realize the link here....

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has nothing to do with this game, Blizzad is basicly under Activision and the company under activision that made this game was Treyarch not Blizzard.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your fault for falling for that generic fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Your fault for falling for that generic fps.
    Could you define which FPSes aren't "generic"?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The link that he is referring to is, World of Warcraft has been suffering server stability problems lately, and the highly anticipated (depending on who you ask) game called Call of Duty:Black Ops, a game made by Treyarch and published by Activision, is suffering the same problems according to him.

Because Activision and Blizzard merged, this means that somehow Blizzard is to blame for this.

I'm sorry if i ruined it for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    A FPS that isnt generic is any FPS that is not generic. Joking aside, a non-generic FPS is one that isn't a "space marine or realistic war shooter made after 2006", as my friend puts it (e.g. TF2, CSS, HL (any), L4D 1 & 2 and DoDS). Battlefield, MoH, CoD, Halo, GoW, etc. may be fun, but do nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    A FPS that isnt generic is any FPS that is not generic. Joking aside, a non-generic FPS is one that isn't a "space marine or realistic war shooter made after 2006", as my friend puts it (e.g. TF2, CSS, HL (any), L4D 1 & 2 and DoDS). Battlefield, MoH, CoD, Halo, GoW, etc. may be fun, but do nothing new.
    So the Unreal Tournament series wouldn't be generic FPSes then?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the Unreal Tournament series wouldn't be generic FPSes then?
    Correct

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, both were made by companies under activision. Your point?

Do you really think Blizzard went over and was like "You know what, this is how you make this game in a genre we've never done"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Timesplitters. R.I.P.

I'd say that when the Covenant guns are being used Halo is slightly less generic. Also Living Dead is an amazing game. The only issue with Halo"Reach is the levels made by Bungie are just parts of campaign levels.. and the rest are Forge made levels in which most have some pretty crappy camping spots.. and Big Team Battle isn't as fun as it used too be.. once again they need to make levels out of forge for multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Yes, yes, both were made by companies under activision. Your point?

Do you really think Blizzard went over and was like "You know what, this is how you make this game in a genre we've never done"?
    It worked for WoW.

Deleted
    There are plenty non generic shooters out there like, Fallout (fpsrpg but still), Bioshock 1 and 2, F.E.A.R, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, The Darkness, etc
    Last edited by mmocc5b60af860; 2010-11-10 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    It worked for WoW.
    Yes, and CoD block ops is broken, and crap.

Which is proof alone that Blizz didn't touch it.

Deleted

Sounds like starcraft 2.

Wow has been broken and crap at certain points as well, so that proves nothing.

That said, yes blizzard has nothing to do with black ops. However they are both owned by activision and both are having server problems at times.

The relationship between Blizzard and Activision is nothing more than a business relation. I do not know why I am getting into this over the internet but here it goes.

Blizzard does not follow some business model that Activision sets out for them, nor do they have any impact AT ALL on each other development process. Do you honestly think that a company with the highest grossing games of all time seriously merged with Activision because they needed money, or development help, or anything that money can already buy. Activisions name isnt even printed on anything Blizzard releases. It is like the Dell-Alienware relationship. Alienware(an already established high grossing company) gets a business proposition from Dell so essentially share stock and profits but Dell is by no means allowed to do ANYTHING with the Alienware brand. Same thing with Blizz and Activision. Blizz stays where they are at, and Activision keeps their nose out of Blizz's business and they will both make money.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Sounds like starcraft 2.
    Perhaps, but unlike Black Ops it works, and you can run it without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Wow has been broken and crap at certain points as well, so that proves nothing.

That said, yes blizzard has nothing to do with black ops. However they are both owned by activision and both are having server problems at times.
    EVERY game has server problems. Not just games ran by companies under Activision.

Just throwing that out there.

Deleted
    Perhaps, but unlike Black Ops it works, and you can run it without issues.

EVERY game has server problems. Not just games ran by companies under Activision.

Just throwing that out there.
    I recall huge downtimes and I logged in a few days ago and achievements were disabled and you couldn't gain achievements. And they fixed the downtime issues at strt (they lasted for weeks) so that anyone could play as trial for eternity. And I remember that I couldn't even play online during that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post

Because Activision and Blizzard merged, this means that somehow Blizzard is to blame for this.
    Vivendi owned Blizzard.. Vivendi merged with Activision and called the company Activision Blizzard.. Blizzard is still Blizzard..