Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My 75 pristine black diamonds sitting waiting for the remaining 3 I need to start turn-ins, just got nerfed to the ground :/

The tears of everyone with Exalted Shen'dralar are entertaining

I didn't even bother starting the grind seeing as a FoS is hardly worth 50-100k gold or what have you and tons of time, but I might in Cata depending on what factions remain in the achievement.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, people that spent tons of gold on this are now complaining that the only extra thing they'll have is an extra FoS?
    You realize the only reason you spent all that gold in the first place was an FoS? Yes? Okay.

And, of course, those who are already Insane in the Membrane will retain their title and current Feat of Strength. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

<3

fuck you blizz. finished shendralar a few days ago. i understand them wanting to keep the title for cata but if you remove shendralar you remove the hardest part of the achieve. DMF just takes money, and goblins/pirates just takes a few days of mindless one shot mob killing. shendralar was the only one that forced you to do insane amounts of work, tons of money and left you with a serious desire to never ever ever ever ever touch DM ever again. this title just got nerfed to the point of ease (but will still require several thousand gold and a few weeks/months of work so it will go from rare to very uncommon)

I'm thrilled to hear that it'll be more realistic to grind to exalted with the Bloodsail Pirates.

I do have a question though, I believe last I read that Knot is being removed from Dire Maul, I've already fixed my rep with the goblins so they'll stop attacking me (annoying little buggers) but I am already sharpening my blades to get ready to destroy it all over again in the name of exalted Bloodsail rep... Without Knot, that means the only way to grind the rep back up without going in the negatives with the Bloodsail would be to go after the 5 rep pirates of the barrens and tanaris?

Might as well not even call it the insane without the shen'dralar requirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    So wait, people that spent tons of gold on this are now complaining that the only extra thing they'll have is an extra FoS?
    You realize the only reason you spent all that gold in the first place was an FoS? Yes? Okay.
    Look, it's not THAT FoS we're after. We are after a FoS that is really hard to get (aka Insane In The Membrane). If you remove Shen'dralar from it, it is ridiculosly easy to get. It will no longer give us the satisfaction we are/were after.

I'm confused.

How does the pirates giving rep till exalted make that any better for the questflow in STV?

People would still be butching the BB guards / NPC's + spamming the pirates for kills?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show that Blizzard does love us.

Why they couldn't just leave the faction in as available and neutral despite the lore is beyond me, unless we're getting a new Shen'dralar-related faction for Alliance in a later patch--presumable their Horde counterpart would be the Reliquary.

HOLD THE PHONE

"Booty Bay Bruisers will now provide reputation up through Exalted."

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. Will there still be a way to get them both? Because if so, I'm doing it. I'm doin' it ALL.

Well, at least I get another FoS <3.

I'm sadly most to see DM gone as it is, I truly loved the instance (even after farming it a trillion times for librams and steamwheelde reputation)

Deleted
    I'd prefer if Blizzard removed Insane in the membrane but kept the ZG Mounts.

So for those of us who already have the Insane achievement, and who also love their rep sheets reading exalted all the way down.. this means we have to destroy our rep with the goblins a second time just to get exalted with the pirates, then somehow get our goblin rep back?
    Last edited by Malfious; 2010-11-10 at 05:55 PM.

Pickpocketing is most easy thing about this achie...

Also.. i really enjoyed farming librams/diamonds, shame to see it go ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    I am stoked.

Sucks for all the people who have been spending massive amounts of money on overpriced PBD's trying to get it before Cata hit.

Also sucks for the people selling the PBD's who won't be able to make any money off it anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I am nowhere close to having "the Insane" on any of my toons, nor have I really attempted the achievement, but I have a great respect for those that have. I can also understand why some people who may be working on this currently were upset to see it going away at xpac launch, but truth be told, there is so little in this game to differentiate an old school player from some joe that just picked up the game last week.

Having limited time titles and achievements and mounts is the least Blizzard could do for its dedicated playerbase.

Every time Blizzard caves in to the demands of a bunch of whiny slackers, a piece of my respect erodes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleon View Post
    Look, it's not THAT FoS we're after. We are after a FoS that is really hard to get (aka Insane In The Membrane). If you remove Shen'dralar from it, it is ridiculosly easy to get. It will no longer give us the satisfaction we are/were after.
    Then consider it as getting the new hard FoS, exalted with shendralar.