Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathach View Post
    it would really be cool and even more fun if they would also add another title for the hardworkin players that has done it including the shen'dralar rep.
    Agreed. To me, a title like "of the Shen'dralar" would be quite pointless. Even nerfed, the new Insane in the Membrane is still more of an accomplishment than Shen'dralar alone, so I would never display my Shen'dralar title. Having 2 insane titles seems the right way to go:

• The Insane: For getting it without Shen'dralar
    • The Clinically Insane: For those with both the Insane and Shen'dralar

After Blizz said that they will only remove Shen`dalar faction in Cataclysm and made Guards in Botty Bay give rep till Exalted with Buccaneers, I`m unsure if they mean that u NEED Exalted with Buccaneers to get the achivement done in Cataclysm. Now i`m Honored with Buccaneers and exalted with Steamwheedle Cartel and i only miss Darkmoon Faire, which i wont finish it, untill Cata comes. If in Cataclysm u need Exalted with Buccaneers to get the Insane achiv, then i have a big problem. It would be horribile if i need to ruin my rep with Botty Bay to get exalted with Buccaneers then redo my Steamwheedle Cartel rep back up.
    So do we need Exalted with Buccanners in Cataclysm to get the Insane in the Membrane achivement or not?
    Thank you in advance to anyone that will be kind enough to clarify me on this one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isil View Post
    I'm Honored with Buccaneers and exalted with Steamwheedle Cartel and i only miss Darkmoon Faire, which i wont finish it, untill Cata comes. If in Cataclysm u need Exalted with Buccaneers to get the Insane achiv, then i have a big problem. It would be horribile if i need to ruin my rep with Botty Bay to get exalted with Buccaneers then redo my Steamwheedle Cartel rep back up.
    So do we need Exalted with Buccanners in Cataclysm to get the Insane in the Membrane achivement or not?
    Thank you in advance to anyone that will be kind enough to clarify me on this one.
    I am in a similar position. I believe there is strong possibility that you will now need Bloodsail Exalted instead of just honored. To be perfectly honest though it makes zero difference to someone like me. If Bloodsail Buccaneers exalted is now a realistic possibility I'll still do it regardless of whether I need it for the insane or not.

The Steamwheedle and Bloodsail rep grinds combined were only about 1/8 of the total insane grind to start with anyway so in the grand scheme of things, I don't think this is really a "big" problem at all. I think most of the insane folks out there would happily trade another 20 hours of grinding for Steamwheedle rep in exchange for being able to get another exalted reputation done.

Noo.
    Took me ages to get Shen'Dralar, and now everyone is going to run around with the title!

I, too, am curious if the requirement for Bloodsail is changing. My rep stands at honored, which is the current requirement. Most of the posts on this forum seem to imply that exalted will now be needed. Anyone able to confirm this? If it's true, I better get my DMF finished pronto to complete this achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Isil View Post
    After Blizz said that they will only remove Shen`dalar faction in Cataclysm and made Guards in Botty Bay give rep till Exalted with Buccaneers, I`m unsure if they mean that u NEED Exalted with Buccaneers to get the achivement done in Cataclysm. Now i`m Honored with Buccaneers and exalted with Steamwheedle Cartel and i only miss Darkmoon Faire, which i wont finish it, untill Cata comes. If in Cataclysm u need Exalted with Buccaneers to get the Insane achiv, then i have a big problem. It would be horribile if i need to ruin my rep with Botty Bay to get exalted with Buccaneers then redo my Steamwheedle Cartel rep back up.
    It has never been required to have ALL reps at their required level at the same time. So long as you had Steamwheedle at exalted at one time, it should still count towards the FoS. If you're like me and want as many exalted reps as you can get, then that's the only reason you'd need to bother getting it back up to exalted.
    Last edited by Schadenfreude; 2010-11-15 at 08:14 PM.

After spending so much time (and gold) to get the Insane title on my main, I'm really bummed out that they are making it easier for people now. I think the Shen'dralar was one of the most expensive reps for me to grind (PBD's cost about 250g on my server and the librams were going for around 200g each). I also did my fair share of grinding for them too.

My only hope is that it's a title worth wearing (if there even is a title). Before I even knew what went into the Insane title, I saw someone with it, and I instantly "had to have it" and the research and the process started for me. I want the Shen'dralar FoS to be equally desirable so that everyone else that doesn't have it, has something to be envious of. A special mount would be an awesome reward too. Something to parade around with that causes people to wonder "how did you get that [title/mount]? Tabards are lame ... no one notices them.

"Scarab Lord" isn't obtainable anymore, despite the number of people complaining, and that was a 10 hour window to get that title. People have had almost 2 years to get this one, and now they complain 'cause they didn't do it in time, and Blizz caves to their QQ'ing and makes it all better for them.

The ZG mounts are going away. I never spent real time/efforts to get these, and I'm jealous of those that have these mount. But most of them actually put in effort. It's my loss and I understand that. If I complain enough, will they create some way where it will be all-of-sudden really easy for me to get these mounts? That's what they are doing here with the Insane title.

It's a FoS for a reason. Just because you didn't bother with it until it was "too late" to get it done, doesn't mean it should be handed over to you with ease.
    Last edited by Lorimeyers; 2010-11-16 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted

Fok yo couch!

Let me get this right....

Some people are still working on their insane achievement and therefore you do not remove the achievment from the game. Furthermore you nerf it because the faction is removed or changed (whatever).

That means you are rewarding people who have NOT completed yet?
    Why favor those who are not done over those who already have the achivement?

I think you should remove the achivment from the game. (== reward those who completed in time)

Now this sucks for those who havent completed yet but hey!, you had the same terms as the rest of us. If you cant complete the achievement within reasonable time then mebbe this title is not for you Its not called "The casual" or "The insane who had 1 year to finish but couldt".

I fell like blizz walkes into my home, jumpes on mah couch and is yelling FOK YO COUCH NIGGA!!! FOK YO COUCH!!!!

Yes i am a whiner and i QQ

Totally lucky vs. Totally Insane

Thank You Blizzard. The day I heard that Shend'dralar Rep, was being removed from the game I hit the ah running with the 76 P.B.D's I had been collecting over the past 6 months. Selling then off one by one from the price range of 350g-550g. and within 3 days of completely selling off all that I had acquired. you announce that I can still achieve "Insane In The Membrane". wow all I can say is THANK YOU. now I have plenty of bank going into cata and still have one more FoS to look forward to completing (ofcourse not sure if its gonna be fun during the grind)

In the past few months, I've had a bunch of people asking my advice on how to get the Insane title, and I was always willing to help. In the past 2 weeks is when I noticed that they had actually started trying to work on it.

Since I've learned about this change, I have neglected to inform anyone that asks that they won't need Shen'dralar. Is it wrong of me to want to see people realize what went into that part of the achieve?

back before all of the talk about it, i was thinking that the achievement would be taken out of the game (while those who already have it would keep it and its title) and that would have been cool.

even keeping the achievement would be cool, if it was still as difficult (and hey, maybe even with the shen-dralar rep gone, maybe they will scale the difficulty of rep grinds with the other factions....although i highly doubt it)

but taking out one of the most difficult to obtain parts of the achievement, that's not cool for those of us who already have the achievement. And giving us an achievement for shen-dralar rep is not a worthy compromise. For me, and probably a lot of other insane peeps, i got the FoS for one and only reason....the title....Not because its rare or difficult, but because i wanted that specific title. The fact that it was difficult only made it that much more special and awesome-giving us an FoS for shen rep is not only an unworthy compromise, its an INSULT. Even giving us a title for the shen rep would be an insult, because i for one didnt do this rep grind for a generic, boring, "of the blah blah" title.

Good Compromises:
    giving current insane in the membrane people another title relating to being insane (not "of the blah blah blah fucking blah"

giving current insane in the membrane people a special mount or something that visually shows them as being crazy, something funny, something awesome

changing the requirements of the new achievement so that we would need to get another different rep in order to achieve it, and then for those who got the new and the old would go a special prize (not just a useless achievement) and thats pretty much it for my thoughts on compromises.

having the new version of the achievement give no title

i realize that blizzard wants to make the game easier so more people can play, and although i don't agree with this strategy i understand it. What i don't understand is making EVERYTHING in the game easier - you need to give the veterans something extra to work for.

now for the last part of my rant, achievements in general. The only reason i wanted this FoS is for the title, because that title is both rare (for now) and awesome. I did not do this for a retarded achievement, or retarded achievement points.
    I FUCKING HATE ACHIEVEMENTS
    both in wow and in every console, i hate them

i dont want a retarded exalted with shen rep achievement...why the fuck would i want that.....i just...cant even comprehend what blizzard is thinking.
    Last edited by jeffry; 2010-11-20 at 02:50 AM. Reason: additionional compromise

Deleted
    To all the ppl who keeps whining over spending so much gold on mats. The only thing you need to buy is pristine diamonds and shards.
    If you buy the librams, it's your own faulth you ruined your income.

I feel really bad for those who Farmed' And Spent' a lot of time and money for that rep. I hope something good comes out for your loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    I spend around 30-40k around one Week. (during blizzcon or so) and about now i already made more money with the stuff from insane (Card Sets and Single Cards that i dont need anymore) than i had Before.
    Druid since Feb. 06