Deleted

Aion: Assault on Balaurea any good?

I heard from several people that the expansion makes the game immensely better than the original.. Is there any truth to it? And how is it better if it really is? Just sceptical since I'd have to suffer the original game for the first 50 levels to benefit from the new content and wondering if it's worth it to test it out.

You may know this already, but the game is extremely grindy. I leveled up to 40 then quit because I was tired of all the bots. Like 80% maybe more of everyone past level 20 is a bot. It feels like a pretty single player game.
    Such feeble minds..

Think about everything you disliked from the game. Now i quote someone from another forum:

''None of that's changed. Just a raised level cap, some new areas, that sort of "expansion". I really wouldn't bother.''

Quote Originally Posted by S0V3R31GN View Post
    You may know this already, but the game is extremely grindy. I leveled up to 40 then quit because I was tired of all the bots. Like 80% maybe more of everyone past level 20 is a bot. It feels like a pretty single player game.
    I only got to level 15 and decided it was enough >.>
    Generally speaking, Asian-made MMOs are known for being grindy (ex: FF11) and this one is no different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I heard from several people that the expansion makes the game immensely better than the original.. Is there any truth to it? And how is it better if it really is? Just sceptical since I'd have to suffer the original game for the first 50 levels to benefit from the new content and wondering if it's worth it to test it out.
    I have Aion installed.

I'm gonna see how much better it is right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    im at level 20 and im having a ball still Wow is better but hey it doesnt hurt to have an mmo on the side when you get bored.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Interesting to see how the expansion makes the game better than the original..

All I remember it being was a huge grind fest. Got to around level 14 before passing out on my keyboard from the boredom. :-(

They revamped the xp system. You get a lot more money and xp per quest. I've only sparingly played it. But my brother plays it a lot. And he's even noticed a big difference in lvling, Yeah I guess some parts are still grindy. But they have done more to cater to Western style game play. But any MMO has some grind in it. Look at all the rep we grind for in WoW..
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    They revamped the xp system. You get a lot more money and xp per quest. I've only sparingly played it. But my brother plays it a lot. And he's even noticed a big difference in lvling, Yeah I guess some parts are still grindy. But they have done more to cater to Western style game play. But any MMO has some grind in it. Look at all the rep we grind for in WoW..
    or money.. or epic farming... or crafting materials... or dailies... or raids?

My experiences from that game are still oh so very grindy Would love to hear some feedback from other people though
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

15+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't terrible. They did change and added some quests so it feels less grindy, I have a lvl 50 chanter which the only reason I quit was because of the lack of PVE end-game. Dark Poeta was only fun the first 10 times.

I hate to say but I did re-activate to have something to do before cata, I am working on getting the full lvl 30 set for my Gladiator, so I've been playing characters to lvl 30 and haven't had any issues with quests, ect. Easier to do quests in the Abyss now that there is not as many people out ganking.