Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    ^^^^ Being disarmed makes you just as useless regardless if you are using bladestorm or not. Atleast while under the effects of bladestorm, it will give you some time to get the hell out of there.

I was under the belief that Bladestorm was never nerfed. It does the same damage as it did prepatch(abid ArP), but with the whirlwind cap removed. A better way to describe the situation is that the spell fell behind when our other attacks were buffed and tweaked, then add the larger health pools of players. Hopefully the 150% WD buff makes it through.

Deleted
    I end up using bladestorm like a freedom when flag carrying in WSG but doing damage near me

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm pretty sure the biggest problem in pvp during wotlk was stupid burst. Bladestorm was pretty much up there with the skills that don't need to be as powerful as they were.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 08:33 AM ----------

One dps can out damage a healers heals? That is probably why it's not hitting as hard as it used to.

Deleted
    It's kinda needed to have insane damage. It would put people off going for the 31 pointer (now you have to ofc) or put people off that spec if the end talent sucks dick.

Same with elemental shamans, earthquake is currently shit and it's a waste of a point atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must agree to OP. Bladestorm at this point has lower damage than before, and it is useable for just a few things still in the Live servers. It isn't half-bad, but its damage is lowered and therefore should be taken away when used as mentioned.

I currently use it to get away from Mages, for an example, to break either their incoming sheeps or their nova's. If there are less than 2 people nearby, I avoid using Bladestorm, since its damage is so fatally low that normal melee and hopefull CC abilities on person #2 is enough. With Wrathfull weapon and relentless+ gear my Bladestorms go off for just about 2.9k Critical and 1.9k Normal damage on likegeared people.

It's understandable that such a special ability is getting overhauled by Blizzard though. It's unique and it used to be -very- powerfull in PvP. It only makes sense that they are looking over things they might have a feeling of beeing too powerfull, with the new abilities come Cataclysm, I think we'll do just fine seeing that we'll get Colossal Smash. I don't want to pull any conclusions yet, though there might be threads at 85, a week after Cataclysm about more usefull information regarding this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread but I'm pretty sure the biggest problem in pvp during wotlk was stupid burst. Bladestorm was pretty much up there with the skills that don't need to be as powerful as they were.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 08:33 AM ----------

One dps can out damage a healers heals? That is probably why it's not hitting as hard as it used to.
    But it should hit for something. Seriously, with full s8 gear and 284 lk hc weapon, I crit with BS for 4k. I can understand the nerf and so on but that's just too low for a 31 -pointer. 75-80% of weapon damage would be ok I think.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    I think a Glyph of Focused Blade Storm would rock, making blade storm hit only one target
    I love this idea ^ and making it hit ALOT harder because right now it is just a CC breaker
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lousysuxor View Post
    ^ Couldn't agree more with you. People who actually PvP with their warriors or at least have a warrior know best.

On live atm, the usefullness of bladestorm is there only as a CC breaker, it can hardly ever be used to finish off an opponent. The pressure that bladestorm applies is gone. .

Healers can just stand there, heal thru bladestorm. Thats not supposed to happen. People should be like anticipating bladestorm and popping def cds against it.

Previously when warriors PoP bladestorm, they can at least out damage the healer's heals. That is some pressure.

Now it just hits like a wet noodle.
    Erm...why should Bladestorm be unable to be healed through? Does that require any skill at all, pressing a button and standing on someone while it automatically does so much damage they can't actually heal through it? Also, healers are supposed to be able to keep themselves alive, as Blizzard said, if they can't do that then there is no point in bringing a healer to an Arena, since if they can't keep themselves alive how are they supposed to be able to keep team mates alive.

At the moment it hits for quite a lot, makes you immune to CC and pretty much forces them to use their Disarm on you. It's good, not an amazing I WIN button but a fine investment for 1 talent point.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.