Stealth Healing Nerf on Live - Enhance (Greater Healing Wave)

Or rather. POSSIBLE Healing Nerf.

Since Patch I have been consistently healing on my Insta Greater Healing Waves 10-11k non crit and 15-18k crit. Just yesterday I noticed they were only healing for 8k non crit, and 12-15k crits.

Something has been reduced IMO, or I'm just nuts.

Have any others noticed a reduction in Healing Amounts? specifically as Enhance... though other specs may have noticed as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    nope, GHW 10k normal heals and 15k crits

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    nope, GHW 10k normal heals and 15k crits
    I crit for 32k on a brand new premade a few hours ago with a UE'd GHW (no other buffs) as resto.

Looks fine to me.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    I play resto and have not noticed a change

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I crit for 32k on a brand new premade a few hours ago with a UE'd GHW (no other buffs) as resto.

Looks fine to me.
    "LIVE"

Anyway, how does comparing the healing of a premade 85 resto shaman to the healing of a 80 enhancement shaman prove anything?

@ OP, have you considered that you mite have had a few proccs (extra AP -> SP) when you did those large heals pre patch?

icc buff for first tests vs no icc buff for later?

Also I believe there is still a healing nerf inside BG's from way back when they buffed resil midway through wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar View Post
    "LIVE"

Anyway, how does comparing the healing of a premade 85 resto shaman to the healing of a 80 enhancement shaman prove anything?

@ OP, have you considered that you mite have had a few proccs (extra AP -> SP) when you did those large heals pre patch?
    Thats possible. I could be mistaken about a nerf. I hadn't officially tested anything or recorded data. I tried to change my Posts Title to "Possible Nerf" but couldnt Not wanting to feed the negativity ya know.

What I saw as a Healing Nerf on Live, was completely unbuffed, except for perhaps totems. And It still seems to me Greater Heals are healing for 2-4K less today than they were 5 days ago.... but very subjective.. and apparently no one else is seeing this... so no doubt I am mistaken.

Deleted
    can you link an armory profile so we can look at your gear and see what your heals should heal for (using coefficients and basic math)?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might've had some procs, or you might have gotten lucky. As far as I recall, healing spells, like damage spells, have a range (for example 5000 - 6000) of the amount of healing done, so you might have hit a large one and then a smaller portion later on. Though 3000 might sound like a bit too much for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darzhar View Post
    "LIVE"

Because I misread the OP. My mistake.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    GHW has a base of 7,200 (rounded) and a coefficient of 0.806 according to EJ. if you're healing for 12-15K crit, that's an average of 13.5K healing crits, or 9K. 15-18K crits mean 16.5K crit heals, or 11K. after substracting base healing, that leaves 1,800 and 3,800.

1,800/0.806 = 2233 SP
    3,800/0.806 = 4714 SP.
    a difference of 2,481 SP.

2233 SP equals 4466 AP, which is 2233 AGI, but there are also AP enchants: 32 from boots, 50 from bracers, 75 from pants, 44 from gloves, 40 from shoulders and 50 from head, for a total of 291 AP, which means you get 2088 AGI. so in math:
    ( ( ( ( ( (AGI+SoE) *kings*conversion) +AP) + 10% AP) /MQ) + (base int + NMT&powerful stats) * kings) ) *10% SP) = SP after buffs
    ( ( ( ( ( (2088+155) *1.05*2) +291) *1.1) /2) + (123+20) *1.05) )*1.1) = 3191 SP after raid buffs. that's still 1800 SP too little. so it's in fact a nerf.

Just a thought to throw out for consideration: For some time, bubbles were maintaining the ICC buff (or some portion of it) outside of ICC. It's possible a similar effect leaked out for some other specs/abilities.

just gonna throw out that I'm standing in Org right now... no buffs, other than weap enchants and shield... in my PvP gear with 4785 AP and 2518 healing...

10.7-11.9k non crit, and 16.7+ crit GHWs

which is pretty much exactly as it's been since 4.0.1 hit live

Yep, my evidence was anecdotal at best. But felt to me so convincing at the time.

Im in PvP gear also, and not getting anywhere near 10.7-11.9 on non crit. Non crit is 8k.

logging on now to recheck.

Huh, It went back up.

10.8-11.7 and 16.2-17.6

Maybe I was bugged. Its back to normal. Something has changed
    Last edited by keeb; 2010-11-14 at 01:57 PM.

there was a 10 % "hidden mortal strike debuff" active on battlegrounds/arenas/wintergrasp battle not long ago, and probably is still there.

Also might be caused by procs, berserking or procs from trinkets can make for the diference to your healing

Ahhh.. That may have been it.