BCB/SOB synergy?

So, we all know that BCB is acknowledged as next to worthless, but I've recently come across a clarification on scent of blood that's really making me think "Why does BCB even exist?"

Is it true that SOB only procs off white damage? I figured a synergy with SOB was BCB's only point of worth, low as that may be.

Can anyone comment on this definitively? The SOB tooltip is kinda vague.

Thanks in advance for all constructive replies!

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 10:08 AM ----------

And bump!
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

And one last bump, just in case...

BCB is auto attacks, and SoB is any attack. BCB isn't worthless, there are just more useful points for survivability because threat usually isn't an issue.

Plus BCB doesn't gain additional damage because diseases are fairly useless.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    BCB isn't worthless
    *calls Foibles off to the side, whispering conspiratorily*

Psst... don't tell any other DKs I said this, but... I agree with you!

BCB's never been useless, and I doubt it'll ever become so. That said the question is really only ever what you want it for and what you're giving up in its place. It's free but random threat, and if I'm understanding things correctly a faster way to build runic power through talent synergy.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the bonus damage. When fighting bosses, you may choose not to start with diseases right away, but you will use them early and keep them up.

SoB only grants RP on white attacks. Not on BCB, strikes or non-weapon-attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlandros View Post
    BCB's never been useless, and I doubt it'll ever become so.
    Welcome to 4.0 where Diseaseless pwns and BCB sucks.

TL;DR: Its useless now, and will be in Cata for a load of DKs. Blood is bloated, and we have 0 Threat generation issues once we get our RS + Rune Regen changes. So yeah, its become.

i wish they would move it back to teir 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    SoB is any attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    SoB only grants RP on white attacks. Not on BCB, strikes or non-weapon-attacks.
    Aaaaand we're back to square one... Perhaps an oldschool duel to the death where the winner is declared correct beyond argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Can anyone comment on this definitively? The SOB tooltip is kinda vague.

Thanks in advance for all constructive replies!

SoB procs on any attack. (the buff you get) That's what Foibles meant. So if someone strikes you then his BCB might proc your SoB.
    SoB only gives RP if you do an auto-attack (you gaining RP from using up the buff's stacks)