Question DW Frost DK stats

So, im confused about some stats with frost dks,
    how much hit rating should I have? just the 8% cap? or should i get more since DW needs more hit?
    what should I gem/reforge for? by now im gemming str/haste
    what about critical strike? is useful or should i reforge it into mastery or something like that? >.<

Thx for the advice.

Deleted
    Hit cap is 8% for special attacks, you need no more.

Gem strength and yes, strength haste in yellow sockets.

You want 23 expertise rating it's vital to DPS, and after that you want to reforge haste into Mastery until your about 18%, then crit into Mastery thereafter.

Stats in order of importance:

Hit > Expertise > Strength > Mastery > Haste to soft cap > Crit > Haste > Other crap not worth mentioning.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripebear View Post
    Hit cap is 8% for special attacks, you need no more.

Gem strength and yes, strength haste in yellow sockets.

You want 23 expertise rating it's vital to DPS, and after that you want to reforge haste into Mastery until your about 18%, then crit into Mastery thereafter.

Stats in order of importance:

Hit(until specials cap) > Expertise(until dodge capped) > Strength > Mastery > Haste to soft cap > Crit > Haste > Other crap not worth mentioning.
    Fixed ;P

Deleted
    Yeah mate but I mentioned it before in the post!

Where is this 18% haste soft cap coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    I'd like to know this aswell.

and with unholy pres does that mean you would only need 3% haste,or am i lost
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Reading on EJ i did not see that 18% haste mentioned. The only value related to haste is the ~900 haste softcap for frost 2h, when haste gets slightly behind mastery and str. But that's two hander stuff, OP is DW.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Never heard about a soft cap for DW frost. Can you tell us where did you find news about this plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymorìl View Post
    Never heard about a soft cap for DW frost. Can you tell us where did you find news about this plz?
    Check Consider's blog. The Haste soft cap is rarely spoken has it's so easy to reach it at lvl80.
    This is the haste soft spot where you are GCD caped in Frost presence and is somewhere between 15-18% (500-600).

Deleted
    read it again, it says haste into mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Ripebear View Post
    and after that you want to reforge haste into Mastery until your about 18%, then crit into Mastery thereafter.
    If only you were right about that.....
    It's crit into mastery and nothing else. If you have excess hit and expertise, that goes into mastery first. Then crit goes into mastery. You never get rid of haste. Frost DKs don't value crit as much because of Killing Machine. Also, I'm not sure what haste cap you're talking about for a DW frost DK. I'm in Frost Presence and I have 741 haste, and I'm nowhere close to GCD capped. I believe the haste is referring to 2H Frost because they run in Unholy Presence. And haste doesn't affect our melee attacks, just our spells which for us is Howling Blast/Icy Touch(situation depending).

That's what I found on Consider's blog about stats scaling for frost DW

http://considerit1.files.wordpress.c...tdwscaling.png

As stated in EJ's threads, we should reforge haste into mastery only if we can't reforge any other stat in that piece

"Are you hit capped?
    •If yes, then reforge any excess hit into expertise if uncapped, if it’s not already on the piece as well and if you’re not already capped for it, and to haste then mastery (2H) or mastery then haste (DW).
    •If no, then reforge any excess expertise, crit then mastery (2H) or crit then haste (DW) in that order until you reach the hit cap.
    Are you expertise capped?
    •If yes, then reforge any excess expertise into haste then mastery (2H) or mastery then haste (DW) in that order .
    •If no, then reforge any crit, mastery, then haste (2H) or crit, haste, then mastery (DW) in that order until you reach the expertise cap.

[DW] Does the piece already have mastery?
    •If yes, then go to the next question.
    •If no, then reforge any crit then haste into mastery.
    [DW] Does the piece already have haste?
    •If yes, and it also has hit, expertise, or mastery (as it should following the previous questions) then there’s no need to touch it.
    •If no, and it already has hit, expertise, or mastery (as it should following the previous questions), then reforge the crit into haste."

As frost DW there are only hit and expertise cap, nowhere is spoken about haste soft cap...
    Last edited by Cymorìl; 2010-11-12 at 12:33 PM.