Thread: BG Queues

BG Queues

What is wrong with BG queues lately? Before 4.0.1 I had to wait 45 seconds TOPS, to enter a BG. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm waiting up to 30 MINUTES just to do a battleground!

Deleted
    Horde Or Alliance?, horde have always been broken, Alliance minimum 5mins when queuing solo

My average wait time went from 8 minutes to 15 minutes. Blah.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think because they merged some of the Battlegroups, servers with "decent" queues (decent as in 10 minute max.) are now experiencing longer queues of like 15+ minutes while servers who used to have "long" queues (long as in 20-30 mins+) are now experiencing slightly lower queue times (15 aswell).

Just a theory, but yea it sucks.

After they finished merging the BGs together (I'm on emberstorm so i've been part of the merge from the start) The average wait timer has gone up constantly. Right now the avg. wait time for randoms shows 15+ minutes at all times, but my actual queue time has never been over 5 minutes during the day and 8 minutes at night.

Maybe i'm just lucky but it seems like the avg queue time is broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggorn View Post
    Maybe i'm just lucky but it seems like the avg queue time is broken.
    Yes, but for me it has been like that since 4.0.

Still, the queues have gotten higher for me since the merge. They used to be 5-10 minutes, and they're on 10-20 minutes now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that while the average wait time is often as high as 40 minutes for me after the merge the actual queue time is usually more reasonable at ~10 minutes, a little more depending on the time of day.

However I sometimes get these "fake" queues, which will never lead to any BG even if I wait for hours, and that have to be removed by relogging rather than a simple right-click. Maybe it's these queues driving up the average, so it'll look better once they're fixed?

Deleted
    There has been alot of new things implented into the game recently, and yes it will take it's time again to make everything work perfectly. However I believe it realy depends on your battleground's activity how fast the quees are. I always get quees that say 4-8 minutes but I always get them within 1-2 minutes.