Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Mage/Warlock 2s is OP

been playing it up on the beta getting beat as DK Hpally against keyturning Mage Warlock because aoe mage stun around corners fear sheep stun hand of gul (OP), demo takes no dmg and can't beat double iceblock. Blizzard needs to learn to balance or its gonna be wotlk wizcleave all over.

NEW 11/21/10:

Warlock
    * Bane of Agony damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Bane of Doom damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Corruption damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Death Coil damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Drain Life damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Drain Soul damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Immolate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Incinerate damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Rain of Fire damage has been increased to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
    * Searing Pain damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Seed of Corruption damage has been reduced to be more comparable to other area-of-effect abilities.
    * Shadowbolt damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
    * Soul Fire damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.

Mage
    Frost

* Deep Freeze: the cooldown on this ability is no longer reduced by Haste.
    * Early Frost now reduces Frostbolt cast time by 0.3/0.6 seconds, down from 0.35/0.70 seconds.
    * Fingers of Frost proc chance is now 7/14/20%, down from 10/20/30%.
    * Frost Specialization again increases all damage against frozen target by 25%.
    * Reactive Barrier is now triggered by any damage which causes the mage's health to be below 50%, even if the mage was already below 50%.
    * Shatter now also increases Frostbolt damage by 10/20% against frozen targets.
    * Shattered Barrier duration is now 2/4 seconds, down from 3/6 seconds.

As you can see they are getting nerfed hard, specially warlocks. So i was correct in saying they were OP from the get go or they wouldn't nerf this much. Thanks.
    Last edited by ~Doom~; 2010-11-22 at 12:58 PM.

You do remember when they said they're not worried about trying to balance 2's anymore right? but i'm sorry your beta FotM dk/hpally team got beat by a team better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    You do remember when they said they're not worried about trying to balance 2's anymore right? but i'm sorry your beta FotM dk/hpally team got beat by a team better than you.
    for start i don't keyturn like the mage, OP carry. ur not good for assuming this. What i am saying is its going to be faceroll wotlk wizardcleave all over again for how much dmg they do as well as CC's. pally can't keep me up in bubble.

you know DK's and holy pallies are up there along with frost mages, warriors, and ferals for most OP classes/specs at 85 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    you know DK's and holy pallies are up there along with frost mages, warriors, and ferals for most OP classes/specs at 85 right?
    ur wrong DK is almost the lowest. if not the lowest. pally's have kinda been nerfed in some ways and buffed in others so they arn't super op at all, maybe a bit. mages and warlocks just havn't been nerfed yet and are super op.

OMFG! Dks are not the lowest. They pwn

What spec are you?
    If you're Frost, I found your problem.
    And are you mindlessly tunnel visioning while your HPal does the same?
    Yes. Mages and Demo are not in a 100% balanced state at the moment, but you should not be having as much problems as you seem to be having as Unholy / HPal, seeing as Unholy is fairly anti-caster.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Doom~ View Post
    ur wrong DK is almost the lowest. if not the lowest. pally's have kinda been nerfed in some ways and buffed in others so they arn't super op at all, maybe a bit. mages and warlocks just havn't been nerfed yet and are super op.
    Warlocks got all of their main damaging spells nerfed by 12%, but okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    This. You're playing beta. Either look at your play style and learn to play defensive or understand that the game is not finished yet. If 2's turns out to be a Mage/Lock fest then I'm pretty sure it will be dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    been playing it up on the beta getting beat as DK Hpally against keyturning Mage Warlock because aoe mage stun around corners fear sheep stun hand of gul (OP), demo takes no dmg and can't beat double iceblock. Blizzard needs to learn to balance or its gonna be wotlk wizcleave all over.
    I don't know if you're the dk or the pally but the pally should be dispelling nonstop. If he can dispell the warlocks immolate and corruption he will be putting out shit damage.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    This. You're playing beta. Either look at your play style and learn to play defensive or understand that the game is not finished yet. If 2's turns out to be a Mage/Lock fest then I'm pretty sure it will be dealt with.
    Also 2s don't matter anymore. Arena is balanced around 3s and 5s.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 02:31 PM ----------

for start i don't keyturn like the mage, OP carry. ur not good for assuming this. What i am saying is its going to be faceroll wotlk wizardcleave all over again for how much dmg they do as well as CC's. pally can't keep me up in bubble.
    hahahaha a dk calling something faceroll. whats the name of your toon on live? you're probably just not good...
    Last edited by lawlpoo; 2010-11-12 at 07:58 PM.

pally can't keep me up in bubble.
    I've seen holy palli's out heal the damage from 4-5 players at once, so I think you need to find a new partner. On top of the fact that if you guys pressure correctly, and cc effectively, you can kill either one of them before your amz/bubble drops. A healer/dps team comp should be able to eat a double dps team all day, provided that they don't suck.

Sorry to be mean OP, but it's you not them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    base damage reduced by 12% =/= damage reduced by 12%, sorry.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    base damage reduced by 12% =/= damage reduced by 12%, sorry.
    If you're smart, then you knew what he meant.

hahahaha a dk calling something faceroll. whats the name of your toon on live? you're probably just not good...
    actually i played wiz cleave S8 2400+ and trust me its faceroll.

15+ Year Old Account
    it amazes me how many people think that making a new thread about the same exact thing that 29038203809 other people made threads about is going to do anything at all...mages = op, warlocks = op. hpallly = op, dk = op, warr = op, u = bad.....pls stop posting.

go complain to blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    it amazes me how many people think that making a new thread about the same exact thing that 29038203809 other people made threads about is going to do anything at all...mages = op, warlocks = op. hpallly = op, dk = op, warr = op, u = bad.....pls stop posting.
    100% Agreed.
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

There's 2 viable solutions to your conundrum, which should be accepted by any body be it dk/pally/mage/warlock that's not a complete idiot.

1. Go cry in a corner for a month, Cataclysm comes in 24 days and your statement will be moot as it no longer applies to any reality you wish to place yourself in.

2. Assuming you're playing in the beta and trying the arenas there, the answer is simply; "It's the beta, post it on the beta forums"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you loose to a keyturning mage its not balance, its you that suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    one ur a troll but lets ignore that and go on, ratted battleground will be the new thing, also u get limited gear from 2v2 and the game isnt balanced around it also you cant get glad or the mounts or a title for 2v2 so theres no other reason to play it then fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.