Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Mind Sear: damage all enemy targets in 10 yards from the primary target for an amount equal to the sum of tick-damage of all dots present on the primary target. Channeled, ticks every 3 secs, modified by haste. Lasts 6 secs (3 ticks total w/o haste).

i've been wondering this for a while.... mind spike was introduced as a spell for shadow priests to cast when they're locked out of shadow spells, and to burst things down when dots wouldn't last their full length... but what happens if i get kicked while casting mind spike? are shadow spells still locked out? or just that spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    i've been wondering this for a while.... mind spike was introduced as a spell for shadow priests to cast when they're locked out of shadow spells, and to burst things down when dots wouldn't last their full length... but what happens if i get kicked while casting mind spike? are shadow spells still locked out? or just that spell?
    I would assume it follows the same rule as FFB for mages, so if you got locked out while casting you would be locked out of shadow as well. The good news is that you would likely only be casting mind spike if you had just gotten kicked, so you likely wouldn't be getting hit with a second right away, unless you are being focused by multiple players.

I agree with some points about Mind Seer , not being well anything special lets say.

Oh but since were talking about shadow. I would LOVE if blizzard put silence where Improved Physic Scream is..even with the glyph for Physic Scream ( feared in place ) Silence should not be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Derain View Post
    Mind Sear: damage all enemy targets in 10 yards from the primary target for an amount equal to the sum of tick-damage of all dots present on the primary target. Channeled, ticks every 3 secs, modified by haste. Lasts 6 secs (3 ticks total w/o haste).
    That would be a bit OP given the potency of our DoTs. I suggest maybe a percentage of the DoT damage (VT and/or SW: P) from your current target plus some base amount of damage:
    Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the enemy target, causing 71 to 77 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target. While channeling, your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch on the target will also damage the enemies for 50% the amount.
    Last edited by ponens; 2010-11-15 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy23 View Post
    I agree with some points about Mind Seer , not being well anything special lets say.

Oh but since were talking about shadow. I would LOVE if blizzard put silence where Improved Physic Scream is..even with the glyph for Physic Scream ( feared in place ) Silence should not be connected.
    Silence is usually only used in pvp builds, so linking it to the fear talent works. If you are using it for high end raid utility like I do, it still isn't bad. Having a quick cd on PS has saved me a few times in raids.

When Mind Sear was new I rather liked the point that it didn't hit the "target", but how often has anyone really used it on a sheeped/sapped/whatever mob? I can remember once when I did that in PvP to find a rogue that I knew was somewhere around a sheeped shaman, but that's about it. Normally CC and Mind Sear won't go together in Cataclysm - then you will multi-dot instead.

It's still an interesting design though, and the good thing is that the target of the Mind Sear takes less damage than the mobs around him, so he'll stay alive longer which will keep your channel going. Maybe we shouldn't try to take that away.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochampion View Post
    Mind Control is a VERY strong CC in cataclysm beta right now
    Glad to hear this. I really miss pressing that button.

make mind sear a cool down

I really only use mindsear while multi-dotting anyhow. For instance casting VT-->SW:P on a few mobs and then keeping full dots + mind sear spam on the last target. And honestly, if I were to just single target dps the target instead of mindsear spamming, I could probally do more damage.
    I think us Shadow Priests can agree that post patch (and hell even pre-patch with all the ridiculous damage), mind sear has always been a boring spell. Now with the recent damage reduction to AoE, its become even less attractive, expecially when our class possesses the cabability to multi-dot several targets.
    Realizing that come cataclysm, that there is not going to be much AoE'ing going on....I just dont see when we are going to use mind sear ever (expecially with holy nova doing as much damage as it is). I would like to see mind sear become a powerful aoe cooldown. It would also be nice if this spell also retained the single unique part of it, which is the fact that the target you are mind searing becomes the focal point of the AoE damage, but doesnt take any damage.
    So for instance it would have say a 1-2 min cooldown, with a 10 or so second channel duration, and make it hit hard. This way we are not sitting there spamming it over and over again., but instead channeling a powerful AoE spell with a sufficient duration and considerable cooldown.
    In fact the only damage-dealing-cooldown-spell we have is shadow fiend. Everything else just buffs the damage of the rest of our spells, including the newest evangilism and archangel talents.
    So please blizzard, if you are going to diminish the supportive capabilities of this class, please give us some more damage dealing utility.