Thread: WSG and LOS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrehd View Post
    Shooting through rocks feels pretty bad to me.

Besides, can warriors charge through those things? I don't believe so, so why should casters be able to cast through them?
    I don't play a warrior in pvp, just the idea.
    Its been stated in the thread, Warriors can charge through them, so its not a problem.

As a fellow Hunter has already pointed out, this is the _ONE_ thing in WSG we have going for us at the moment. In fact, if in the mid field, my Hunter's only respite from dying miserably against any other class is the 3-5 seconds I have hidden behind a bush/rock getting off a few shots before everything goes black...again.

Find tactics you can use to your advantage - don't complain when others do simillarly.
    Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother.

I was just thinking about this while i was playing wsg on my warrior. the logs are there for pure show only. It would be nice if they actually made logs that actually complied with the laws of physics. cause the ranged classes have an advantage there. they can shoot through the tree stumps but you cant run through the tree stomps and melee them. I hope that they will actually have more LOS in the new bgs since they are being designed to be 10v10 competative

Deleted
    Its been stated in the thread, Warriors can charge through them, so its not a problem.
    You'll run around it if you use charge. However that's 25(30)y range, but there's more you should know.

Graveyards are covered with unpassable objects that do not block attacks, why?
    Trees in middle are huge unpassable, covering nameplates and hindering selection and movement, yet they're not blocking any attacks, again why?
    Rocks in Eye of the Storm are unpassable, forming big masses while still not blocking anything but movement.

Question is do ranged classes need to have advantages here? Because of positioning of these objects it's not important for battleground result ( as opposed to advantages of being ranged in SotA ), but they do definitly spoils the fun. And guess what: it's a game.

Should they fix it? Yes. In the meantime, adapt. If the nuking hurts too much, you need to move away. Act as though the LoS isn't there (since it's only there in theory; this means don't put yourself between it and the person you're after if you can't watch for people trying to use it as a shield), turn on nameplates, zoom out to MAX-- whatever it takes as there are several options all stemming from knowing where the problem areas are. The most common problem I see is that WoW players don't zoom out:

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 40

is my preferred setting. I agree that this should be fixed but I don't find this flaw game-breaking.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2010-11-16 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Clarity

NO MAN, NO MORE CATERING TO THE ARENA PLAYERS. WE BG PLAYERS DEMAND NO LOS SO ITS MORE CHAOTIC YOU ARENA WUSSES NEED TO ADEPT!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I good at my roleplaying?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    NO MAN, NO MORE CATERING TO THE ARENA PLAYERS. WE BG PLAYERS DEMAND NO LOS SO ITS MORE CHAOTIC YOU ARENA WUSSES NEED TO ADEPT!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I good at my roleplaying?
    Very.

The whole point is having a stump that anything can fire through isn't fair to any class. Lets say you're 2v2ing and suddenly you get fired on by a mage, but you can't even see him to set up a CC, yet he can attack you?

How is that fair

I admit, rocks with collision but not los are a pretty big pain in the ass. Meh I need to learn to use it to advantage, starsurge coming from a rock=win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palliinzwarrior View Post
    with rated bg;s right around the corner i was wondering if anyone knew if blizz was goin to fix the how los dosnt seem to work in wsg. I have been on a break for about a month from wow while waiting for cata to hit but before that i would do bg;s for about 8 to 10 hours a day and it seems that los in alot of bg WSG mostly dosnt work as well as it does in arena. many times a mage or hunter have killed me when i tried to los them with the rocks in the middle of wsg or the little huts. they just keep shooting me threw the rock till i die. I am sure many of you have had the same issue i just always figured it had somthing to do with how the bg was so old. Hopeing that it is fixed for rated bg's my main is a warrior so getting out of los of casters is kinda important somtimes and forceing the efc to los healz is probably goin to be a big deal. This is not a qq thread this is a legit topic that i have had on my mind for a while now.
    Sorry, but in this LoS topic that bold part made me laugh a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmoaz View Post
    Pvehero troll, ignore it. It doesn't know what we're talking about anyway.
    nah, i think rated bgs should be more fast paced than arenas.
    ggg

If it wasn't for LOS then all Meleers would need distance closers and to have all gap creation removed from ranged classes to even give them a chance. I am sorry but I am not looking forward to the days of LOLRet, AMG He is teh Enhance lulZ, And even warriors and dks would be at a disadvantage.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit that I have always, always wondered why WSG has such weird LoS rules. Even back in Classic, when I still keyboard turned and tried to Healing Touch in melee range of rogues, it seemed weird and annoying to me.

Blocking LoS would be a nerf to ranged classes in midfield, but it would also be a buff, because then you could LoS other ranged. At least, that's what I'd do. I still try to do it all the time, it's hard to shut off your "AHHHH dive for cover!" instincts when an enemy spell starts up.