Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Maloriak.

When you get blue phase, pwns for fast iceblock healing.

Tank on Magmaw. When the tank is getting "eaten" by magmaw.

Omnitron: When someone gets the laser beam.

etcetc.
    Except GHeal has a higher HPS than both those spells (while also having a higher HPM than PW:S) so it would be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Of course not for 25 mans. I am not even a tank healer there. Just helping with some shields and stuff. There is other healers for it. And gratz for Halfus with "soon nerfed" atonement?
    Atonement was nerfed almost two weeks ago, it was a hotfix (and it's not even much of a nerf, even on halfus)
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-01-18 at 01:27 PM.

Just speculating, but it seems that disc has the potential to see less uptime of the 4pc bonus dependent on raid makeup, if there is more than one disc priest in a raid (more likely in 25 than 10). Basically, if a disc priest is about to cast penance on a tank with 2-3 seconds ofWS remaining, and another priest w/ SoS lands a FH on the tank because it's an emergency situation, that penance will land on a tank whose WS has just dropped, and the casting priest's 4pc buff will consequently drop off, not being restorable until penance is once again off CD.

That disc doesn't get the same synergy with spirit as holy, making it a lesser value, is not the issue -- the same type of concern has always plagued different specs that share a set. Even without the above hypothetical dual-disc situation which would make disc unique in being the only spec that can suffer loss of uptime of their 4pc based on raid makeup, I'm in agreement with above posters that the casting requirements and frequency for disc priests to maintain uptime of their 4pc bonus are not in line with those of other healers.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 4p bonus should simply be made to proc off penance casts, like shamans and riptide.
    The weakened soul requirement is quite unreasonable imo.

T11 disc bonus just not making sence if u think u NEED to cast 2 spells which do cost u a good chunk of mana do get back basicaslly nothing !!
    u spend 31% basic mana on shield and 21% on penance just to get 540 spirit for only 10 sec !!!! ridiculos
    while holy only needs to use chakra which they always to anyway - chakra cost no mana can has duration of 1 minute which u can also keep up going as long as u casting spells , and i u dotn just cast new chakra for 1 min for mana reg...

bin unfair if u ask me 52% base mana for measly 10 sec 540 spirit buff ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Penance and PW:S cost 14% and 19% base mana respectively (reduced further by talents), no idea where you got your numbers from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Atonement was nerfed almost two weeks ago, it was a hotfix (and it's not even much of a nerf, even on halfus)
    My "nerfed" atonement still crits for over 50k on Halfus. Not exactly unusably weak there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    My "nerfed" atonement still crits for over 50k on Halfus. Not exactly unusably weak there.
    Exactly, the cap only applies to the heals before crits and before healing modifiers so if the stars align you can still get heals for 90k or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Exactly, the cap only applies to the heals before crits and before healing modifiers so if the stars align you can still get heals for 90k or so.
    I thought the cap wasn't implemented until 4.0.6?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I thought the cap wasn't implemented until 4.0.6?
    Fairly certain this is correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not what I have personally observed, I've had heals that heal for less than the smite hit for on targets that had no kind of healing debuff.
    This is a screenshot from the log of our halfus kill two weeks ago.

I boxed in an area where you can see my smite critting for 130k and still not healing for more than 66000 (counting overheal).
    So if this isn't the cap being implemented why is the healing so much lower than it would be without a cap?
    I can't remember exactly how much health I had back then but it was probably like 120k or so, this would put the unmodified cap at 36000.
    36000 * 1.06 (Twin Disciplines) * 1.15 (Archangel) * 1.5 (for the crit) =~66k
    Amazingly close to what the result would be if the cap was in effect at the time.

link to attempt in question:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zoq0z...=11194&e=11424

Query Set for the log browser:
    [{"spellNames": ["Atonement"], "actorNames": ["Lohe"]}, {"spellNames": ["Smite"], "actorNames": ["Lohe"]}]
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-01-19 at 11:20 AM. Reason: messed up image stuff