PvP Gear In Cataclysm

Can anybody sum up for me how PvP gear is obtained in Cataclysm?

I've heard that there will still be two tiers of gear, but the higher tier and lower have the same stats, the higher just looks cooler, thus making equal gear for everybody.

Can anybody confirm this? or give a link to what the actual plan is? I'm extremely anxious to find out

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called Honor Points, for normal gear that we buy from vendors these days, without team ratings or w/e.

Then it's called somethingsomething Points for stuff we buy from vendors that we can only get in Arena.

I think.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlocoptor View Post
    Can anybody sum up for me how PvP gear is obtained in Cataclysm?

I've heard that there will still be two tiers of gear, but the higher tier and lower have the same stats, the higher just looks cooler, thus making equal gear for everybody.

Can anybody confirm this? or give a link to what the actual plan is? I'm extremely anxious to find out
    Three tiers, iirc (though there may be a 4th 'very low' tier that is craftable). Tier 1 is lower stats and purchased with honor point. Tier 2 is higher stats and purchased with conquest points. Tier 3 is a recolored version of Tier 2, same stats, achieved when you hit a certain rating (Tier 2 is converted to Tier 3, pretty sure no additional point investment required). If I'm not mistaken there is actually a stat increase for Tier 3 weapons obtainable with rating -- though additional conquest point investment would likely be required.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Three tiers, iirc (though there may be a 4th 'very low' tier that is craftable). Tier 1 is lower stats and purchased with honor point. Tier 2 is higher stats and purchased with conquest points. Tier 3 is a recolored version of Tier 2, same stats, achieved when you hit a certain rating (Tier 2 is converted to Tier 3, pretty sure no additional point investment required). If I'm not mistaken there is actually a stat increase for Tier 3 weapons obtainable with rating -- though additional conquest point investment would likely be required.
    You got it right.

Being a blacksmith (For plate PVP) I looked up new crafting plans. Seems to me like theres a Blue set you can craft (similar to savage saronite gear) which will probably be the baseline for everyone.

Link to Plate DPS PVP - cata.wowhead.com/item=55078

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vp-weps-update.

Search option is EPIC - i made this thread 2 months ago with BLUE post source Have fun xD

And all the above people are wrong please if you're gonna give info sources are nice.
    Last edited by rzy; 2010-11-13 at 09:03 PM. Reason: adding

Awsome awsome, thanks for the info & Question well answered

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vp-weps-update.

Search option is EPIC - i made this thread 2 months ago with BLUE post source Have fun xD

And all the above people are wrong please if you're gonna give info sources are nice.
    Personally, I'd have no reservations asking something like the OP's question in a new post even if finding your post in a search, if your post is 2 months old. 2 months is a loooooong time in beta, and many things have changed. Secondly, after visiting your post, the 'blue post' you referenced comes up "Page Not Found." If you're going to say "everyone is wrong" how about posting something that actually backs up what you say is right in the current context of beta?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

What ? Bigslick is right here.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    What ? Bigslick is right here.
    Yep Bigslick is right, /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Personally, I'd have no reservations asking something like the OP's question in a new post even if finding your post in a search, if your post is 2 months old. 2 months is a loooooong time in beta, and many things have changed. Secondly, after visiting your post, the 'blue post' you referenced comes up "Page Not Found." If you're going to say "everyone is wrong" how about posting something that actually backs up what you say is right in the current context of beta?
    Works for me :S and its just a blue post on their forum and nothing else has been released about pvp and arena gear or i would of read up so as there doesnt seem to of been a bluepost since the one i linked that is still the valid information...amirite?

Works for me :S and its just a blue post on their forum and nothing else has been released about pvp and arena gear or i would of read up so as there doesnt seem to of been a bluepost since the one i linked that is still the valid information...amirite?
    So what is the wrong information that we provided ?

So what is the wrong information that we provided ?
    3 teirs? each differnet stats? the only difference between one and 2 armors is the color stats = same but t1 and 2 weps are different stats damage:P and ofc crafter but that isnt really a teir :P

^^ so has been said so far
    Last edited by rzy; 2010-11-13 at 09:41 PM. Reason: edit

3 teirs? each differnet stats? the only difference between one and 2 armors is the color stats = same but t1 and 2 weps are different stats damage:P and ofc crafter but that isnt really a teir :P
    There is a blue set for Honor which is actually the first tier. The second and third tier have the same stats with the exception of the weapons. Bigslick got it right the first time.

The link I'm seeing is abbreviated in both the text and actual link as follows so I'm not able to get to it....

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...o=1&sid=2000#4

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

There is a blue set for Honor which is actually the first tier.
    yeah thats for only the first season of cataclysm though, in S10 there will be T1 and T2 (i think im pretty sure as thats pretty much what was said in blue post) but im hoping they release more about PvP and stop fusing over pve xD

Well is it going to remain like above plan mentioned for all of cata, where the competetive gear is all equal (Tier 2/3 in this example)?