whats not to like romance, mecha fighting, hot chicks and comedy.
    sure its not the best but its still prty good

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I'm hoping that Yumeji will work together with John Doe and get his power and stuff, since he seems to want to help and Yumeji wants to be able to fight.

Ahh, I'm gonna have to add another manga to my reading list. D;

:[
    mm u should read dusk maiden of amnesia(thats the english translation of the name) and eden no ori both of these mangas are crazy good

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    I normally don't like to ask this question but... What's really the appeal of IS? I can understand some Harem anime being enjoyable, but I couldn't watch more than the first 2 episodes of IS before I had to drop it. I hear so much about it, though, even though no one I know (on this side of the computer screen at least) likes it one bit. So really, is it actually pretty good? Or just average? Or as I found it initially, stomach upsetting?

/Rude commentary off.
    There's really nothing special about it. It's just something entertaining to watch if it's your thing. It's not a show I would run around recommending to everyone cause I'm sure I'll forget all about it in a month or two.

Pretty much. Most harems are like that but I still enjoy watching them as well.

Randomly jumping in here: 08th MS Team was the last good Gundam series made imo, thoughts?

Also, has anyone seen Scrapped Princess? Recently watched it, was pretty good.
    Last edited by Kilolas; 2011-03-26 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilolas View Post
    Randomly jumping in here: 08th MS Team was the last good Gundam series made imo, thoughts?

Try Unicorn or Turn A or how about X. Wing was pretty good as well. I will agree however that most of the post 2000 series suck. Though seed was okay as was 00 S1 season 2 ruined 00 and destiny just wasn't very good.

Deleted
    I enjoyed the first half, then it just went straight downhill with the whole loli ancient alien weapons, robots and laser beams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    I enjoyed the first half, then it just went straight downhill with the whole loli ancient alien weapons, robots and laser beams
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say "wait LOLI i'm sold" but i like yours better.

I am glad I am not the only one that felt this way. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    I really enjoyed Scrapped Princess. Did go a little random at the end getting kinda futuristic-y, but characters were good, story was passable, it looked good, and had a good mix of funny in there. I've watched it 3 times all the way through, and will probably watch it again.

Does anyone know a good website to buy anime from? The bestbuy near my house is shithouse and carries like DBZ and Bleach and that is it :/ Would like a reliable website to order some stuff from, need to start working on my DVD library again, now that I am back in the States and the dvds actually come with subtitles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    I really enjoyed Scrapped Princess. Did go a little random at the end getting kinda futuristic-y, but characters were good, story was passable, it looked good, and had a good mix of funny in there. I've watched it 3 times all the way through, and will probably watch it again.

Does anyone know a good website to buy anime from? The bestbuy near my house is shithouse and carries like DBZ and Bleach and that is it :/ Would like a reliable website to order some stuff from, need to start working on my DVD library again, now that I am back in the States and the dvds actually come with subtitles.
    Rightstuf.com They can even get packages to alaska in 3 days of shipping from the 5 dollar ship speed. Also they have a very nice thing where you can get an extra 10% off most items for 12 bucks for a year as well as regular sales of up to 40% off and the BEST part they DON;T deal in bootlegs. Hell Funimation used to be partnered with them and they are still run by Nozomi. They'll even ship preorders pre street date(i once got a dragonball box set 3 weeks before street date and it was the same one you get at best buy so no bootleg there).

Also yeah i feel you're pain about best buy. Though i'd moved to rightsuf before so useful. Also didn;t help that i already owned over half the series they had before they even went down to 2 shelves and were still at 4-8. Oh and yes i DID count by hand they had like 80 something different series and i owned over 50 of em and were talking individual series not even replica boxsets(alot of mine were even the half-1/4 season set models while theres were full but i just counted em as full seeing as how it;s the same item just repackaged) but then with over 20k worth of anime and manga makes sense i'd have them beat. Though my best buy does still stock some Blu Ray series and stuff like Phantom of the requiem and sacred blacksmith even got a copy of Sekirei there(i had a gift card to blow since the headphones i was looking for didn't pan out).

But i hope this helps ya trust me man check em out and be ready to lose you're whole income. Also BEWARE THE DAILY DEALS.

Oh forgot to mention they even have plushes pillow cases clothing articles accesories and so on. I even got a shinigami Bini/Ski Mask from Soul Eater as well as Shanas necklace among other items. So the stores like shopping at a cheap convention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Rightstuf.com They can even get packages to alaska in 3 days of shipping from the 5 dollar ship speed. Also they have a very nice thing where you can get an extra 10% off most items for 12 bucks for a year as well as regular sales of up to 40% off and the BEST part they DON;T deal in bootlegs. Hell Funimation used to be partnered with them and they are still run by Nozomi. They'll even ship preorders pre street date(i once got a dragonball box set 3 weeks before street date and it was the same one you get at best buy so no bootleg there).
    I've heard of it before, but this makes it sound pretty great. Think there would be any issues shipping to out of the country, though?
    Looks like a pretty good selection...

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Ok I'm pretty hyped for this now. Mainly from Sagan-man's description, also from this.
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of it before, but this makes it sound pretty great. Think there would be any issues shipping to out of the country, though?
    Looks like a pretty good selection...
    From what i recall they say they do international orders as well. Just for you know more shipping.

Okay copy pasted from their site.

International Customers

International shipments are sent via our shipping partners. If you would like us to use a specific carrier, please contact us in advance for an estimate.

Sorry, if you are an international customer, we must ship to your billing address only.

For first time international customers, for security purposes we require a copy of a form of ID (can be drivers license, passport, utility bill, etc.) which shows your address along with a photocopy of BOTH sides of your credit card. You may obscure a block of digits on the copy if you wish. Customer Service can provide you with a secure link to upload this information if you have it available as a scan, or you may fax it to us.

Shipping companies may charge a fee for delivering your package to a foreign country. Such fees and customs duties are not included in our shipping price, and are your responsibility.

We will not be responsible for seized shipments, and cannot provide refunds for seized products. Please check to make sure you are in compliance with all local laws if you are ordering an adult product(s).

Backordered items usually take an average of 10-14 business days. If it is an extremely popular item, or it is an imported item, it may take longer.

For current rates, please see our Shipping Info Page.

Backordered items usually take an average of 10-14 business days. If it is an extremely popular item, or it is an imported item, it may take longer.

I hope this helps.

EDIT forgot to add that their company brand sales(like when they do all Funimation or Sentai Filmworks items sales) applies to preorders as well so you cane even pre order something during a sale and get it for sale price.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-27 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Thanks for that! It may not be as convenient as I hoped, but still sounds good. Thanks again bro ^^
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Thanks for that! It may not be as convenient as I hoped, but still sounds good. Thanks again bro ^^
    It was NP at all believe me it was open in a tab anyways LOL.

Surprised no one had mentioned Scrapped Princess before, it was probably the #1 or #2 most recommended anime back in like 03-05 (much like how everyone says watch code geass or fma brotherhood now)
    Last edited by bals; 2011-03-27 at 03:12 PM.

theres a website called playtech asia thats where iv bought most of my anime from

If I remember right Hellsing OVA 8 should be coming in a month, yarrrrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... I saw Claymore on that list... that was the first anime i watched fully through, and one of my favorites.
    Another good horror anime i saw was "Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)." It's about people that are brought back from the dead as shikabane hime to fight other undead (shikabane)... If you liked Claymore you might like this. Also a good site to watch them or browse is FUNimation.com, which has a large selection of SUB/DUB animes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    Hehe... I saw Claymore on that list... that was the first anime i watched fully through, and one of my favorites.
    Another good horror anime i saw was "Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)." It's about people that are brought back from the dead as shikabane hime to fight other undead (shikabane)... If you liked Claymore you might like this. Also a good site to watch them or browse is FUNimation.com, which has a large selection of SUB/DUB animes.
    If you loved Claymore you'll most likley like Berserk(which i would rate slightly higher than Claymore) though both are exclent.
    On a side note, theres been rumors that they might be making another series for claymore.