Finished Chaos;Head VN, finally rid of that horrible main character. The story itself was pretty decent, but most of the backgrounds were pretty ugly and the majority of the characters annoying and unlikable. No where near Steins;Gate quality. I will say that the gory parts actually made me squirm a bit, which is not easy to do. Some of those descriptions and sounds... /shudder The impaling part, scooping brain out with a spoon, removing a fetus and putting it in another body, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Finished Chaos;Head VN, finally rid of that horrible main character. The story itself was pretty decent, but most of the backgrounds were pretty ugly and the majority of the characters annoying and unlikable. No where near Steins;Gate quality. I will say that the gory parts actually made me squirm a bit, which is not easy to do. Some of those descriptions and sounds... /shudder The impaling part, scooping brain out with a spoon, removing a fetus and putting it in another body, etc
    guessing you did the mindbreak ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    guessing you did the mindbreak ending?
    I did the A and AA ending, and then found out how much of a pain it is to unlock the B ending, so I just watched it on youtube. From what I could find, only the parts after Sena kills her father are different, so I believe I saw everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep exactly, from that part on are the only differences, but were worth spending a day and a half of skipping about for me >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm actually enjoying Free! to an extent. It's nowhere near my favorites for this season by any stretch, but it's a decent watch. I will say though, I'd definitely prefer a version with girls instead of guys lol.

lol pleave give female version ;O would be atleast double as good as it currently is ^^ (and yes the only thing i dont like with free is the fanservice for the fujoshis xD)

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Completely forgot about this since I read it while I didn't have internet, but the latest Spice and Wolf manga that was released irked me a bit. It skipped an entire arc which it then summarized on a single page in like a paragraph. Then after skipping the arc, it proceeded to essentially throw the plot up in the air and then arranged it in whatever order it fell in. Some characters that were met in previous arcs were met in this one, events happened out of order or not at all, and various other things. I'm not sure whether to be happy or mad about the fact the manga seems to be diverging from the LN. On one hand, if it diverges I have a slightly different version of the story to enjoy since I read the LNs anyways, but on the other I don't get to see a faithful adaption of the LN in manga form.

- - - Updated - - -

Inu to Hasami Ep 1 - I initially ignored this show because I thought it would be terrible. It reminded me of Cuticle Detective, which I thought was awful. Decided to watch the first episode just for the hell of it. I'm extremely glad I did. First episode was great and the show is quite funny. Definitely will be watching this show.

Well i think Gin no Saji has possibly the funniest moment of the season so far The magazine they were drooling over full of cows

Deleted
    Gin no Saji looks like it will be very fun and interesting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    surely you jest!
    rozen maiden in one word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVYHUMCCwc
    So the theme of the anime is "desu"? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    26 out of 201 on gintama? why you mak me cry

gin no saji (silverspoon) is exactly as i hoped it to be and i like the anime adaption alot more then the manga it just works better in animated form ^^ definetly one of the best animes this season
    also quite funny how he thinks its so high up sitting on a horse i never had that feeling even as a little kid ;o

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really expect to like Gin no Saji, but yeah, it is really good. Loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    26 out of 201 on gintama? why you mak me cry
    Not a fan of marathoning long series. Only really watch an episode every few days. Definitely entertaining, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    c3-bu: The random war like flashes are hilarious and weird, and Yura's new haircut is weiiirrrd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    So the theme of the anime is "desu"? Interesting.
    there's always dress up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l19Erp5ALWI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    10/10 Kawaii as fuk, would watch.

I'm about 6 episodes into Gurren Lagann and I've yet to see why so many people love this show. I wouldn't call it bad, but it just doesn't do much for me. It makes me think of all the hate that shows like Naruto and One Piece get from people, only to me it seems to take what people complain about in those shows to a new level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    New anime is direct sequel to the manga, not the anime. TV series went full throttle anime original, Rozen Maiden 2013 is retconning them in the first episode and then following manga storyline.
    I'd like to watch it, but the fact I hadn't seen the first two seasons, even if they are anime original, would bug me too much to watch this new season lol.

I'm about 6 episodes into Gurren Lagann and I've yet to see why so many people love this show.
    it gets a lot better after episode 8, I've always found the first couple episodes pretty tedious

I'm about 6 episodes into Gurren Lagann and I've yet to see why so many people love this show. I wouldn't call it bad, but it just doesn't do much for me. It makes me think of all the hate that shows like Naruto and One Piece get from people, only to me it seems to take what people complain about in those shows to a new levell.
    I think that about summarizes it. It had some good parts but it essentially thrives on being over the top, knowing it's over the top, and then taking it to the most absurd level it can. My favorite part was an exception to this,when the priest-kid takes the government from Simon. That struck me as realistic, and his actions far more interesting and intelligent than those of the protagonists. Kamina's death was also well done, as it truly comes out of nowhere to surprise you. I'll also grant that it had a few pretty catchy music tracks and a funky style (kind of reminiscent of a less-mature Samurai Champloo). But in the end that was mostly outweighed by the overall silliness of the series.

Edit: I think a lot of it is basic wish fulfillment as well. You take a show like Hellsing, and so much of it is about how 'badass' Alucard is and it's a minor sort of hero worship. More mundanely you've got your harem shows which demonstrate a very basic male interest: having lots of females focused on them. Taken together Kamina and Simon function as a conglomerate: Kamina is the badass one (also conveniently dying before life gets more complicated), Simon the everyday guy that gets to go on and do incredible things through force of emotion (which is an appealing idea, that passion outweighs all other factors).
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-07-19 at 06:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Probably one of the best Rom-Coms I've seen. Really damn funny, and the humour in it is sorta different than most romantic comedies. The ending was pretty bad, though. I'd be okay with it if I knew there would be a second season, but apparently the sales were bad... god dammit. Would've given it a 9 if it weren't for the lack of conclusion.

c³bu why did she have to cut her hair noooo ;<

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL