Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I've heard a lot of people say the plot is confusing and they don't know what the hell was going on. I finished episode 12 today and so far the plot has been really easy to follow. Is it later in the show that this becomes the case?
    Like sesto said it's mostly the last couple episodes. Otherwise it's a pretty well done anime. The budget cuts come in shortly after episode 12 too so the animation will start going down hill :P (nothing terrible though)
    It's not really mindfuck either, more just existential

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It is mainly with the ending that people get confused (both the last two episodes and End of Evangelion).

...wtf is wrong with /a/? Went to bed last night when that massive Naruto picture appeared. Decided to check it again today and it still is there, along with some other stuff. Now a good chunk of the threads are shit.
    It happened again didn't?

Deleted
    I'm getting more and more lost with Inu to Hasami. It's quite entertaining, but what the hell are they trying to make it into? It makes no sense. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Like sesto said it's mostly the last couple episodes. Otherwise it's a pretty well done anime. The budget cuts come in shortly after episode 12 too so the animation will start going down hill :P (nothing terrible though)
    It's not really mindfuck either, more just existential
    Last 2-3 episodes of original series is most definitely a heavy, heavy mindfuck.

Deleted
    Ah, ok. Well I look forward to seeing what's so confusing lol.
    My take on the final episodes is the director going the "Fuck it all, out of ideas. Let's let the fans figure out how the hell is this ending, cause I sure do not know." route. He then proceeded to do some acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Don't bother with episode 25 and 26. I just finished marathoning it myself and the last 2 episodes are just a waste of time.
    did you watch the two movies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fond of the music.

Only reason to watch it is Rachel Alucard.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not fond of the music.

Only reason to watch it is Rachel Alucard.
    Ya I didn't like it either it didn't fit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Don't bother with episode 25 and 26. I just finished marathoning it myself and the last 2 episodes are just a waste of time.
    It's worth it to watch them once, just to see what is it all about - but other than that, best way is to watch up to 24th and then go with End of Evangelion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, just finished episode 18 of Clannad After Story. Probably one of my favourite episodes out of any anime. Currently rewatching both series, they still are amazing as they were the first time.

Clannad gets alot of hate for having forced drama. Stuff like Fuko's arc, Kotomi's arc, Misae's arc, Nagisa's constant sickness (forced or not, i still cried like a baby during this stuff). Yet it is impossible to deny the fact that there are some really good stuff, things that people can easily relate to and aren't forced at all, like Yoshino's arc, Tomoya's relationship with his father and later Ushio, or end of Clannad with Akio's speech about dreams in life. It really is an amazing series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, just finished episode 18 of Clannad After Story. Probably one of my favourite episodes out of any anime. Currently rewatching both series, they still are amazing as they were the first time.

Clannad gets alot of hate for having forced drama. Stuff like Fuko's arc, Kotomi's arc, Misae's arc, Nagisa's constant sickness (forced or not, i still cried like a baby during this stuff). Yet it is impossible to deny the fact that there are some really good stuff, things that people can easily relate to and aren't forced at all, like Yoshino's arc, Tomoya's relationship with his father and later Ushio, or end of Clannad with Akio's speech about dreams in life. It really is an amazing series.
    If it's thought up by someone it's forced, no getting around that. Some a bit more than others, but people shouldn't have a problem with something being forced. Instead they should have a problem with a bad story and bad writing.

Every battle in endless shounen is forced, but do fans of those have a problem with that? Nope. Same with what moves the story forward in every other type of show/book/movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If it's thought up by someone it's forced, no getting around that. Some a bit more than others, but people shouldn't have a problem with something being forced. Instead they should have a problem with a bad story and bad writing.

Every battle in endless shounen is forced, but do fans of those have a problem with that? Nope. Same with what moves the story forward in every other type of show/book/movie.
    I wouldn't consider that the same thing. There is a clear difference between forced drama and drama that moves the story along.

Forced drama is when a writer adds drama without proper buildup, or if he forces drama into situations that wouldn't really be dramatic in real life (or would never even happen in real life).

Clannad/Clannad: After Story are such amazing shows. To this day I haven't watched anything that has been able to provoke as much as a emotional response as those two have. Moreso After Story, though. First half of Clannad I pretty much had to force my way through, but it gets a lot better after that and lays the ground work of the show and gets you really attached to the characters. Then After Story comes in with the massive feels lol. I really need to re-watch them. I watched them both when I was pretty new to anime and I had streamed them (the dark days of my anime watching lol), but now I have both seasons on my hdd in 1080p that I've yet to re-watch.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's finally done. This thing took forever to finish.

http://extrazoom.com/image-5295.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't consider that the same thing. There is a clear difference between forced drama and drama that moves the story along.

Forced drama is when a writer adds drama without proper buildup, or if he forces drama into situations that wouldn't really be dramatic in real life (or would never even happen in real life).
    I would just call that bad writing with poor exposition. I guess you could say that's "forced" but I think forced is anything that happens with a clear intent for it to happen, which is all storytelling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I would just call that bad writing with poor exposition. I guess you could say that's "forced" but I think forced is anything that happens with a clear intent for it to happen, which is all storytelling.
    I would just consider that "natural". If a story flows naturally without anything feeling out of place, nothing is forced in it. If a writer attempts to force conflict into it and disrupts the flow of the story (not in a good way), making it feel unnatural, I would say that would be "forced".

I suppose it doesn't matter as I don't think there is any definite definition of "forced drama".

Forced is only a buzzword to insult good writing or a simple way to refer to poor writing.

You'll reach the same places trying to pinpoint the true nature of artificial fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Forced is only a buzzword to insult good writing or a simple way to refer to poor writing.

You'll reach the same places trying to pinpoint the true nature of artificial fun.
    Completely agree with this.

Deleted
    Clannad/Clannad: After Story are such amazing shows. To this day I haven't watched anything that has been able to provoke as much as a emotional response as those two have. Moreso After Story, though. First half of Clannad I pretty much had to force my way through, but it gets a lot better after that and lays the ground work of the show and gets you really attached to the characters. Then After Story comes in with the massive feels lol. I really need to re-watch them. I watched them both when I was pretty new to anime and I had streamed them (the dark days of my anime watching lol), but now I have both seasons on my hdd in 1080p that I've yet to re-watch.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's finally done. This thing took forever to finish.

http://extrazoom.com/image-5295.html
    Why does it zoom in when i scroll down.. that's just annoying.

Deleted
    Seems like a great place for the following question; which anime series can you recommend for someone who liked Death Note, Hellsing and Ninja Scroll?