Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    there is a baka tsuki app for smart phones you can download. using it is incredibly simple. download it. when you got 15 minutes (say on a bus or whatever) read. it really is enjoyable.
    Yeah, I already have the app and plenty of novels download. It is just hard to find time for it as I also have a lot of manga I'm reading, and my bus trips are a bit too short to really get into a long novel. I would rather read a few chapters of manga in the 10 minutes I have, as opposed to barely getting anywhere in a novel before I have to stop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    Yeah, I already have the app and plenty of novels download. It is just hard to find time for it as I also have a lot of manga I'm reading, and my bus trips are a bit too short to really get into a long novel. I would rather read a few chapters of manga in the 10 minutes I have, as opposed to barely getting anywhere in a novel before I have to stop.
    i understand. but yeah. can't wait for the anime. i hope they find a good way to deal with the internal monologue and info dumps.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the spinoff Haruhi novel "The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki chan" is getting an anime.

Or something. I don't know. /a/ thread is confusing. People are going crazy.

EDIT: Apparently it is a web series.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-12-17 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    So the spinoff Haruhi novel "The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki chan" is getting an anime.

There is no info on it being a web series at this point, I'd say that's rumor.

http://www.moetron.com/2013/12/17/th...me-adaptation/

http://ikura.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/a...1386765060/429
    アニメ化企画進行中とだけで放送媒体は書かれて*い
    "Anime in progress, but nothing's written about what form it'll be [TV/web]"
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-12-17 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    I am looking forward to the anime adaption in spring though, along with several other shows. It is still several months away, but I'm already looking forward to Black Bullet, Date A Live 2, Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and Mekaku City Actors(Kagerou Days.)
    http://anichart.net/spring should be up to date, if you are curious.
    wow didnt expect Haikyu to get an anime this fast (volleyball manga) id rather have stuff like denpa kyoushi first ^^ but good non the less

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Man, I'd be so excited if it gets an anime. I love the manga and Nagato. I really hope this is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I really hope this is true.
    It's true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-12-17 at 09:39 PM.

Chelly
    Shion in a swimsuit outfit, hng

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ent-goes-viral
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Shion in a swimsuit outfit, hng
    second best-o girl

10+ Year Old Account
    So not a second season but just a special?

Ah well.

Does anyone know of any good Yakuza themed animes with a dark but intense theme? Something along the lines of Golgo 13?

Other than that, I'm also looking for a quality gambling anime with some "battle of wits" stuff. Like Kaiji, Akagi and One Outs.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Discokurt View Post
    Does anyone know of any good Yakuza themed animes with a dark but intense theme? Something along the lines of Golgo 13?
    Haven't watched Golgo 13 so I have no idea how Yakuza-ish the theme is.
    I guess this is Yakuza-ish http://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Ph...or_the_Phantom. It sure is a dark story though.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/5356/Canaan is good action but again dunno if it's yakuza-ish enough.

Other than that, I'm also looking for a quality gambling anime with some "battle of wits" stuff. Like Kaiji, Akagi and One Outs.
    Definitely recommending Liar Game, although there's no anime adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Haven't watched Golgo 13 so I have no idea how Yakuza-ish the theme is.
    I guess this is Yakuza-ish http://myanimelist.net/anime/5682/Ph...or_the_Phantom. It sure is a dark story though.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/5356/Canaan is good action but again dunno if it's yakuza-ish enough.

Definitely recommending Liar Game, although there's no anime adaption.
    Thanks for the recommendations and the help in the other thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discokurt View Post
    A very good one that came out recently in OVA form is "Death Billiards".

It's pretty short and an absolute must watch with insanely good animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A very good one that came out recently in OVA form is "Death Billiards".

It's pretty short and an absolute must watch with insanely good animation.
    Oh, wow! Death Billiards looks really frickin incredible, just reading the (very short) synopsis makes me instantly interested.
    The "Death-game" gamble concept is just something I really enjoy, I guess. ^^

More Haruhi? Wooo (even if it won't have any Haruhi /shrug) If only Aya Hirano hadn't messed up her acting career so much, maybe we could get some more non spinoff stuff again.

Steins;Gate movie was good, I enjoyed it about as much as the series (still miles behind the VN). I did like that they added some VN only stuff in, though. Enjoyed the short scene with psycho Nae, removing that from the series was awful, wanted to see that part animated so badly. And the bit from Suzuha's route was cool as well with Okabe almost breaking down and pushing Daru in front of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    More Haruhi? Wooo (even if it won't have any Haruhi /shrug) If only Aya Hirano hadn't messed up her acting career so much, maybe we could get some more non spinoff stuff again.
    I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd probably prefer an adaptation of the Nagato manga over another season of Haruhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd probably prefer an adaptation of the Nagato manga over another season of Haruhi.
    I'm a sucker for Haruhi and Kyon, I think Nagato makes Kyon a bit less interesting. I haven't actually read the spinoff manga, though, so I'm just going off of disappearance.

There are still a lot of arcs from the LNs I'd love to see animated, especially the 7th book (Intrigues)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i do to. currently reading Mahouka Koukou. absolutely amazing.
    I'm reading Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. Anime was really nothing but a commercial, the amount of depth and story it gains in the novel form... Beautiful SF dystopia with comedy in foreground. And god bless Kindle. I have not bought a single book with it, but it's full of PDFs anyway.