Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    He was never a adventure at all he has always been a lander. He never died at all in the anime. He is the only one to have a full name like that as well. His full name is Rundel haus code. Landers can have access to magic not just adventures. It's just no one ever inspected him in detail to find out he was a lander to begin with and he is in a team group with the scrubs so that's another reason why they just now found out something weird. In the LN it goes into greater detail about him.
    Uhh, thanks for explaining. Just couldn't be sure whether he had died before he was introduced or not.
    Btw, have the LN(s) been translated or do you just speak Japanese?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Uhh, thanks for explaining. Just couldn't be sure whether he had died before he was introduced or not.
    http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...le=Log_Horizon

get this guys. someone over on this thread
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...PG-Anime/page2
    post 34 said that SAO has better character development then Log Horizon.

I learned Kanji and I am in Japan as we speak soon to teaching English to highschool students. People are translating them as you can read the LNS online but there isn't any pictures to go along with it just text which sucks. They also have 4 manga out as well along with the LNS. Also you are welcome for clearing things up. The way most translating goes is weird it goes from Japanese to Chinese then English like really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

I would agree it does have better fap material then Log but that's about it really! They are good in their both merits but I wouldn't compare the 2 at all.

Thank you :P .I really need to learn moon so I can just read RAWs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But Elder Tale was not full VR - it was just an mmo. ;P

All in all the explanations are somewhat consistent with what I imagined to be true from the beginning. Where the players are in now is an alternate reality, a whole separate plane, that was somehow linked with Earth via the game called Elder Tale - they are not trapped inside a game, like SAO or .hack. What they call "user interface windows" are an application of that world's magic, who they (used to) call NPCs are actually the world's original inhabitants, classes and other adventurer-side concepts are imposed through the magic as adventurers themselves are something of a summoned entity, like demons or celestials in many RPG systems.

One thing I still do not get is why are the landmasses the exact copy of Earth in 1:2 scale. Will the theory behind the magic expand to link the Elder Tale dimension to Earth from the ages past, connecting them as twin realities evolving alongside each other? If that is the case, the game Elder Tale could be the work of someone looking for salvation of their world, breaching through dimensions to use it as a link between the realities.
    Or will it go along the lines of "the aggregation of consciousness from the Earth shaped a new plane in the multiverse"? That kind of idea, collective consciousness pressing mark onto the fabric of multiversum by interfering with some kind of data dimension, is quite prevalent in fantasy/SF literature.
    That'd probably be the most plausible explanation.

To answer your second paragraph, one of the biggest points of alternate universes is the infinite universe thing. Where there are universes that are completely different from you or so similar to yours that the only thing different in the entire world could be a single persons name or the size of a single pebble. This would be a world that copies the landmass but instead of going a technological route it goes a magical route.

If you click #34 on the post it will create a hyperlink directly to the post.

Not even going to touch that though, no way to talk sense into those people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    That'd probably be the most plausible explanation.

To answer your second paragraph, one of the biggest points of alternate universes is the infinite universe thing. Where there are universes that are completely different from you or so similar to yours that the only thing different in the entire world could be a single persons name or the size of a single pebble. This would be a world that copies the landmass but instead of going a technological route it goes a magical route.

If you click #34 on the post it will create a hyperlink directly to the post.

Not even going to touch that though, no way to talk sense into those people.
    thanks. never knew how to get the hyperlink to that exact post.

I learned Kanji and I am in Japan as we speak soon to teaching English to highschool students. People are translating them as you can read the LNS online but there isn't any pictures to go along with it just text which sucks. They also have 4 manga out as well along with the LNS. Also you are welcome for clearing things up. The way most translating goes is weird it goes from Japanese to Chinese then English like really?
    Sounds cool :P Try not to lose your nerves with them xD.
    And yeah, that's another great reason for learning moon... The chinese -> english translaton is also seriously fucked up usually. Gotta love "translators" that write even worse English than I do ^^ ... ... Yep, now I just need to force myself to learn Japanese so I can finally read all my beloved crappy manga. The amount of Shoujo in manga I read is creeping me out >.<

Sounds cool :P Try not to lose your nerves with them xD.
    And yeah, that's another great reason for learning moon... The chinese -> english translaton is also seriously fucked up usually. Gotta love "translators" that write even worse English than I do ^^ ... ... Yep, now I just need to force myself to learn Japanese so I can finally read all my beloved crappy manga. The amount of Shoujo in manga I read is creeping me out >.<
    Ya all the English they learn about 7 years is forced grammar and the schools policy on teaching them is using old English from Macbeth and Shakespear like really? They are also the lowest ranked in learning English they are even behind N Korea in English. Whats even more shitty is some of the non disclosure agreements you have to sign say you can't teach English on the side for extra money at all. That any English you teach must be only taught at the school and nowhere else.

Ya all the English they learn about 7 years is forced grammar and the schools policy on teaching them is using old English from Macbeth and Shakespear like really? They are also the lowest ranked in learning English they are even behind N Korea in English. Whats even more shitty is some of the non disclosure agreements you have to sign say you can't teach English on the side for extra money at all. That any English you teach must be only taught at the school and nowhere else.
    <3 <3 <3
    I've been wondering... Do their English books have katakana?
    And yeah, The English they learn is really something... next level stuff... I would probably smack my head to a wall if I had to teach them.
    Aaand the fact that you can't teach English anywhere else really sucks since teaching olde English you can't even use these days doesn't sound all that rewarding
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2014-01-06 at 12:43 AM.

<3 <3 <3
    I've been wondering... Do their English books have katakana?
    And yeah, The English they learn is really something... next level stuff... I would probably smack my head to a wall if I had to teach them.
    Aaand the fact that you can't teach English anywhere else really sucks since teaching olde English you can't even use these days doesn't sound all that rewarding
    It depends where you teach too some schools allow you to teach your way and leave out all the red tape bureaucracy shit and others is you teach are way or you don't work kinda deal. Yet I would think that it even exists with other teaching jobs as well being a teacher. It's not really teaching olde english it's the fact of forcing grammar on them and not teaching real English and teaching them how to pronounce correctly. Anyone can learn grammar it's learning the culture and understanding what this word means or this joke means. Or how to pronounce something that you need outside help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Noragami - Not sure if I'll continue you with this. Suppose I'll wait a few episodes to see where the plot goes. It was decent, but not anything special. Has Arararagi as the main character though, so that is always a plus.

Tonari no Seki-kun - This is pretty funny, and a decent length, so I'll likely be keeping this. The art style is really odd, though.

Nobunaga the Fool - This was really awesome, favourite so far. Plot seems pretty interesting, the voice cast is really good (Mamoru Miyano as MC is always awesome) and the OST is also decent. The animation/art style is a bit off but everything else seems to be good so far.

Also finally got around to watching another Kara no Kyoukai movie, the 5th one to be exact. Definitely my favourite so far, it was amazing.

It depends where you teach too some schools allow you to teach your way and leave out all the red tape bureaucracy shit and others is you teach are way or you don't work kinda deal. Yet I would think that it even exists with other teaching jobs as well being a teacher. It's not really teaching olde english it's the fact of forcing grammar on them and not teaching real English and teaching them how to pronounce correctly. Anyone can learn grammar it's learning the culture and understanding what this word means or this joke means. Or how to pronounce something that you need outside help.
    From what I've heard, everything in Asian education is done by forcing grammar/memorising formulas/shit like that... And indeed learning how to prononunce is likely the most important part in learning a language. Tho I can't really have a word on pronouncing shit since my own pronouncing is rather... horrible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Magi - I want more.. so badly. Each episode leaves me feeling so giddy. I -so- can't wait until they find out he's a Magi and he shows his true powers. I'll seriously be disappointed if that doesn't happen. I want to see his INSANE power with infinite magoi.

Chelly
    that's to be expected when there're videos like these

(Also I've heard that people ignore the NDA and teach English on the side anyways since there's such a low risk of getting caught)
    And where in nipponland do you teach engurishu?

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    that's to be expected when there're videos like these
    [video=youtube;CKjaFG4YN6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjaFG4YN6g[video]

(Also I've heard that people ignore the NDA and teach English on the side anyways since there's such a low risk of getting caught)
    And where in nipponland do you teach engurishu?
    I was thinking of teaching in Kanagawa since it would be cheaper but not many jobs there so I am teaching in Tokyo but downside increase the cost of living since it's near the city center but you have more jobs available there for you. That's what I plan on doing on the side is teaching English ignore the NDA if I need too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Noragami - Not sure if I'll continue you with this. Suppose I'll wait a few episodes to see where the plot goes. It was decent, but not anything special. Has Arararagi as the main character though, so that is always a plus.

Tonari no Seki-kun - This is pretty funny, and a decent length, so I'll likely be keeping this. The art style is really odd, though.

Nobunaga the Fool - This was really awesome, favourite so far. Plot seems pretty interesting, the voice cast is really good (Mamoru Miyano as MC is always awesome) and the OST is also decent. The animation/art style is a bit off but everything else seems to be good so far.

Also finally got around to watching another Kara no Kyoukai movie, the 5th one to be exact. Definitely my favourite so far, it was amazing.
    nobunaga has so many VA's i know and like from other series its retarded.

Chelly
    I was thinking of teaching in Kanagawa since it would be cheaper but not many jobs there so I am teaching in Tokyo but downside increase the cost of living since it's near the city center but you have more jobs available there for you. That's what I plan on doing on the side is teaching English ignore the NDA if I need too.
    Well Tokyo is still nice enough, and probably the best starting place.

So what kind of requirements did you need to get a job over there? (I only know of them being extra picky with non-native accents)
    Just in case I feel (again) like trying out teaching stuff over there or somewhere else (like Korea maybe).
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-01-06 at 02:09 AM.

Well Tokyo is still nice enough, and probably the best starting place.

So what kind of requirements did you need to get a job over there? (I only know of them being extra picky with non-native accents)
    Just in case I feel (again) like trying out teaching stuff over there or somewhere else (like Korea maybe).
    It depends on who you go through some just want you to be able to speak Japanese along with English Japan isn't that picky about if English is your first langauge or second as long as you can speak it. Some require you to have a diploma of some sort either Associate or Bachelor in something. Also everyhthing that comes with being a teacher and being able to handle teaching kids and being punctual and responsible. Granted if you have a Bachelor degree and teach English your pay goes from 6000 yen an hr to 250,000 Yen a month
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-01-06 at 02:22 AM.

Chelly
    It depends on who you go through some just want you to be able to speak Japanese along with English Japan isn't that picky about if English is your first langauge or second as long as you can speak it. Some require you to have a diploma of some sort either Associate or Bachelor in something. Also everyhthing that comes with being a teacher and being able to handle teaching kids and being punctual and responsible. Granted if you have a Bachelor degree and teach English your pay goes from 6000 yen to 250,000 Yen a month
    Jesus that's quite a difference fucking wow

Sweet danke man

Jesus that's quite a difference fucking wow

Sweet danke man
    Ya it is a huge difference From making 6000 yen a hr to 250,000 yen a month. Also some schools where you can teach at if you have some degree give you more perks too. Like a furnished apartment near the school and a personal car to use. I would also advise getting your application in early with the JET program if you want to go through them or do it your self by searching for people who are hiring.