Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    I don't think the spring season will disappoint you then. At the very least Gokukoku no Brynhildr is really dark, by the author of Elfen Lied if I remember correctly. I think Black Bullet and Sidonia no Kishi also fits, though I'm not terribly familiar with them.
    A single image from their MALs isn't enough to go by obviously, but it doesn't exactly look like they're going to convey the dark story you claim they have very well in their art. It detracts from the experience when your show looks like it could be the art style for some SoL moeblob show when you're trying to convery a more serious/dark show. I of course could be wrong and I hope I am, and these shows could very well look the part. Sidonia looks like it might have a grittier looking art style, but the other two not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    A single image from their MALs isn't enough to go by obviously, but it doesn't exactly look like they're going to convey the dark story you claim they have very well in their art. It detracts from the experience when your show looks like it could be the art style for some SoL moeblob show when you're trying to convery a more serious/dark show. I of course could be wrong and I hope I am, and these shows could very well look the part. Sidonia looks like it might have a grittier looking art style, but the other two not so much.
    I actually go by the manga, not just the pictures. There is nothing cute about Brynhildr, maybe aside from some of the characters' looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Akame ga Kill's character designs are pretty moe and the stuff in there's too dark for TV a lot of the time.

Of the three that was linked the first looks like a romcom and the third looks bad.

Only Black Bullet looks like it'll be pretty dark. Maybe really dark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    He got back to his original world and convinced Yuuko to write her thesis ahead of time, and he needs to go back 3 days later to retrieve it. He comes back and the Yuuko of the new world explains Alternative I II and III, and that's around where I stopped, so he hasn't gone back to actually retrieve the thesis. I was worrying he'd fuck something up when he spoke to Sumika. Those were the first new Sumika lines since Unlimited started. Tama's father has visited and left, I saw Mikoto's father for the first time, the new OS has been installed in all of the TSFs, he got Yuuko to handle the people who haven't evacuated yet so they'll be skipping that part, and that's about everything that's happened so far.

I always enjoy watching other people speculate and theorize about something I've already seen, so I figured you may enjoy it as well. Just don't ever say anything to confirm/deny, of course =D
    Oh, for some reason my mind placed those trips to his original world way later in the story. Good thing I asked. ;D

I myself actually read MuvLuv without knowing what I am getting into at all(And fuck, was I CONFUSED when I started Unlimited, and even more so with Alternative Oo) - so some stuff Yuuko did in his world in Extra made no sense to me until the moment he went back there. Then it struck me: "Oh, so THAT'S what happened to that shoe and THAT'S why she doodled on his hand!". ^.^

And yeah, it is nice to see where the mind wanders exploring the possibilities - though what I wonder about the most is what your reaction will be to the OmNomNom. You'll know what I meant when you see it. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Tokyo Ravens - The kid is Doman, right? Right? Can't wait to find out more about loli lover girl, and that ending sent chills down my spine.

I knew Ootomo was super powerful though, I even think a Divine General is cutting it low.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone bothered with Buddy Complex and is it anything more than a generic mech show?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Tokyo Ravens - The kid is Doman, right? Right? Can't wait to find out more about loli lover girl, and that ending sent chills down my spine.

I knew Ootomo was super powerful though, I even think a Divine General is cutting it low.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone bothered with Buddy Complex and is it anything more than a generic mech show?
    it's about as generic a mech show as you can expect out of sunrise. it annoys me to no end that nothing has been explained yet really. i mean they briefly went over coupling (super combat mode basically) and what the war is about, etc; but nothing has really been explained. characters have been loosely introduced and there has been 2-3 fight scenes per episode so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    it's about as generic a mech show as you can expect out of sunrise. it annoys me to no end that nothing has been explained yet really. i mean they briefly went over coupling (super combat mode basically) and what the war is about, etc; but nothing has really been explained. characters have been loosely introduced and there has been 2-3 fight scenes per episode so far.
    Yeah okay, not even going to bother then.

Deleted
    This season is not that bad after all. Got the first 3 Nobunagun episodes done and it's not half bad. Story itself is as generic as they come, but other than that it's quite good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    What do you mean nothing has been explained?

The reason for the war was explained already, coupling, why they are fighting, etc. The only things that haven't been explained are as to why Hina went back in time to bring Aoba, why she is on the bad guy team in the future, etc... but you can't really expect that stuff to be explained right away, as it is a critical plot point. Aoba doesn't know what is going on and he needs to find out.

I mean not explaining something isn't an inherently bad thing. I thought the earlier episodes of Toyko Ravens were confusing as fuck (at least the first one) because I didn't really understand the world/magic, but the characters in the show did. On the other hand, in Buddy Complex, the MC himself has no idea what the hell is going on, which means the audience isn't supposed to understand either. This is reasonable, as it means it will be explained later.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This season is not that bad after all. Got the first 3 Nobunagun episodes done and it's not half bad. Story itself is as generic as they come, but other than that it's quite good.
    I really liked the MC and wanted to like the show, but I just couldn't. It wasn't bad by any means, but I figure if I'm not enjoying this show I shouldn't be watching it. MC's VA is fantastic, too. Apparently it's her first role.

- - - Updated - - -

Are Watakushi-Nameless subs any good for Witch Craft Works? FFF takes forever to release and I need my fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inari, Kon Kon - I had my doubts at first, but this looks like it's going to have chances to be extremely hilarious. I wonder what happened to the girl she first transformed into, and I wonder if she's ever going to transform into a guy. Too bad she can only transform into other humans though and not animals.

Kon is also adorable as shit. Two familiars named Kon this season.

Onii-chan confirmed semi-deity or something.

Are Watakushi-Nameless subs any good for Witch Craft Works? FFF takes forever to release and I need my fix.
    They are decent at best. Ohh btw the person who drew the Manga for witch craft works is a women.
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-01-22 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pupa - Love the art style. Really sucks it's censored and only 3 minutes an episode.

Finally after having seen everything I can give my opinions on the shows this season, I think I'm the last one.

Amazing and Will Not Drop -
    Noragami
    Tonari no Seki-kun
    D-Frag!
    Chu2Koi Ren
    Sakura Trick
    Gin no Saji 2
    Nisekoi

Okay/Good But Still Won't Drop Most Likely -
    Space Dandy
    Saki
    Toaru Hikuushi
    pupa
    Mikakunin
    Nourin

Might Drop -
    Witch Craft Works
    Sekai Seifuku
    Inari, Konkon

Dropped -
    Buddy Complex
    Nobunaga the Fool
    SoniAni
    Nobunagun
    Hamatora
    Z/X Ignition
    Mahou Sensou
    Strange+
    Houzuki no Reitetsu
    Wizard Barristers

All rest I didn't even bother watching/trying to watch.

So that's 23 shows this season I'll be watching, including carryovers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    What do you mean nothing has been explained?

The reason for the war was explained already, coupling, why they are fighting, etc. The only things that haven't been explained are as to why Hina went back in time to bring Aoba, why she is on the bad guy team in the future, etc... but you can't really expect that stuff to be explained right away, as it is a critical plot point. Aoba doesn't know what is going on and he needs to find out.

I mean not explaining something isn't an inherently bad thing. I thought the earlier episodes of Toyko Ravens were confusing as fuck (at least the first one) because I didn't really understand the world/magic, but the characters in the show did. On the other hand, in Buddy Complex, the MC himself has no idea what the hell is going on, which means the audience isn't supposed to understand either. This is reasonable, as it means it will be explained later.
    this may be true, but we also expected a better ending from valvrave where shit was actually explained and then in 5 minutes they just kind of wrapped it in a bow. it is sunrise, for all we know, they could leave us hanging for a very long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tokyo Ravens is getting really good. Interested to see what happens, especially since I know about something that is coming up.

...well, scratch that. I know what is going to happen now. I really shouldn't go into discussion threads of shows that aren't anime original...
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-01-22 at 03:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tokyo Ravens is getting really good. Interested to see what happens, especially since I know about something that is coming up.

...well, scratch that. I know what is going to happen now. I really shouldn't go into discussion threads of shows that aren't anime original...
    loving the show.

How do you know what those threads are saying is true unless you read the Ln or manga yourself who's to say what they are saying is fact and not just made up lies. Remember, essence of sorcery is lies and loli.
    -Loli senpai

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh, for some reason my mind placed those trips to his original world way later in the story. Good thing I asked. ;D

I myself actually read MuvLuv without knowing what I am getting into at all(And fuck, was I CONFUSED when I started Unlimited, and even more so with Alternative Oo) - so some stuff Yuuko did in his world in Extra made no sense to me until the moment he went back there. Then it struck me: "Oh, so THAT'S what happened to that shoe and THAT'S why she doodled on his hand!". ^.^

And yeah, it is nice to see where the mind wanders exploring the possibilities - though what I wonder about the most is what your reaction will be to the OmNomNom. You'll know what I meant when you see it. :3
    Now I think someone's getting eaten. Hopefully it's not that obvious...

15+ Year Old Account
    So, White Fox is adapting Akame ga Kill. Pretty good, I think. Katanagatari, Steins;Gate, and Hataraku Maou-sama are all really good. Though all three were adaptions, so I'm not sure if that means much.

Website is also up, so PV should hopefully be soon.

Really pumped either way. If it airs this year it will be even better. Along with ufotable Fate/Stay Night (I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of excitement on the day of the first episode), this year will be fucking awesome.

Anyway, speculation for end of Akame ga Kill (newest chapter spoilers in it):

Mein is going to die, obviously, but I think Tatsumi is going to live through the entire thing.

After Mein's death he will finally break. By the end, it will show him completely hardened and emotionless. He will live and guard the new government for the rest of his life. In the last few panels Leone (or Akame) will be observing him from afar, and will be reminiscing of the time where Tatsumi was a fun, outgoing, childish guy, before Mein died.

Tatsumi dying just isn't bad enough. In order to have complete despair, Tatsumi needs to live the rest of his life with a broken heart, after losing so many of his friends and the girl he loved. Mein is best girl and all, but frankly I'd be happy with an ending like this because it would be cool.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-01-22 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    FFFansubs is making me go all FFFUUUUUUUUUU. Where is my WCW fix for the week? T_T