15+ Year Old Account
    Also I don't know how you guys even like the male character Mikakunin. His character design is absolutely horrible, and he has no personality. He isn't much better than the regular 'beta' MCs because he is still really dense. His entire character revolves around being emotionless and Kobeni, and he doesn't even feel like a real human being. He is pretty much Rei or Nagato without the interesting backstory, essentially making him a cardboard cut out.

If he was completely cut out of the show it would be better. That, or replaced with pretty much any other type of male character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Also I don't know how you guys even like the male character Mikakunin. His character design is absolutely horrible, and he has no personality. He isn't much better than the regular 'beta' MCs because he is still really dense. His entire character revolves around being emotionless and Kobeni, and he doesn't even feel like a real human being. He is pretty much Rei or Nagato without the interesting backstory, essentially making him a cardboard cut out.

If he was completely cut out of the show it would be better. That, or replaced with pretty much any other type of male character.
    i wouldn't say he has no personality, i'd say he is just very reserved. i liked the fact that he didn't want kobeni to date him out of sympathy/repayment for saving her life (stated in episode 2). i like the fact that he is very considerate and kind, if a bit spacy. i do wish there was a bit more to him. maybe, as zatheyll said, when he gets more time later on, he will open up more.

So who here watched the 3rd episode of witch craft works? Also who dropped it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    In all honesty, I'm very fine with his attitude in the series. He's about 265352513 times better than the standard aloof, stupid, bonehead, annoying piece of shit MC those kinds of comedies tend to have. -.-
    Yahari Ore was a Romcom with one of the best MC's in anime history.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just the beginning. Give it a few episodes for some character growth and you'll probably love him.

Most MC's that come out with their character type right off the bat end up staying that way the entire show with zero character growth whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    So who here watched the 3rd episode of witch craft works? Also who dropped it?
    I did. Loved it. Who would drop Witch Craft?! It's one of the best shows this season and has the best ED EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I did. Loved it. Who would drop Witch Craft?! It's one of the best shows this season and has the best ED EVER.
    People who didn't like the mc being a beta not knowing the person who drew and wrote the Manga was female and wanted some role reversal.

What are you even talking about? I've heard people saying that he is the reason there was so much traffic/it rained/they met at the wrong place, but that is completely stupid. He had nothing to do with that; it's not like he is some god or some shit, there is no way he could control that.
    He's a supernatural ghost who has said he's going to curse them, and even starts yelling about how he didn't want what he'd done to go that far. The fact there's a "ghost" in this show is completely stupid. I think we can throw common sense out the window and ignore what applies to reality for this show. We don't know what he can and can't control for that matter. Hell, he may end up not even being real or some figment of Banri's subconscious and he really didn't do anything, but either way, I'd be much happier if he'd never been apart of the show. As for now, it's implied he's responsible for what's been happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Yahari Ore was a Romcom with one of the best MC's in anime history.
    Not quite a romcom (shoujo romcom?), but Usui from Maid-sama is definitely my favorite MC from a romcom. Just an awesome character in general.

- - - Updated - - -

People who didn't like the mc being a beta not knowing the person who drew and wrote the Manga was female and wanted some role reversal.
    Meh, their loss. I'm loving Witch Craft.

Meh, their loss. I'm loving Witch Craft.
    Ya me too waited so damn long for the Manga to get a anime!

15+ Year Old Account
    He's a supernatural ghost who has said he's going to curse them, and even starts yelling about how he didn't want what he'd done to go that far. The fact there's a "ghost" in this show is completely stupid. I think we can throw common sense out the window and ignore what applies to reality for this show. We don't know what he can and can't control for that matter. Hell, he may end up not even being real or some figment of Banri's subconscious and he really didn't do anything, but either way I'd be much happier if he'd never been apart of the show. As for now, it's implied he's responsible for what's been happening.
    Stating that he didn't want it to go that far does not mean the bad luck was his doing. He wanted revenge on Banri, so even if he had no involvement in what happened that day, what he said is still relevant. It is just a general statement. I think it is a far stretch from a Ghost/part of Banri's mind to a being that can literally control the minds of other people to make it busy, and also possessing the ability to change the weather.

And even if he was, he obviously didn't want them to fall asleep. That could have happened even without his actions. Putting all the blame on him would be like blaming a kid for tripping another kid, then hours later the tripped kid falls off a cliff because his ankle was sprained as a result of the first kid's actions.

I'm still in the boat that Ghost Banri is in the right. His life was literally taken away from him. Anyone would be pissed. The show might have been better without him, but the fact that he exists will always be true, so I don't see the point in thinking about it.

Most MC's that come out with their character type right off the bat end up staying that way the entire show with zero character growth whatsoever.
    Care to give a few examples? Because I can give a ton of examples showing the opposite.

I seriously doubt this guy is even going to change much, either.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-01-24 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole reversal element became obvious the moment that she held him in her arms like a maiden and called him her princess lol. I find it entertaining though, and it's not exactly rare for the male MC to be a total beta anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to give a few examples? Because I can give a ton of examples showing the opposite.

I seriously doubt this guy is even going to change much, either.
    Amnesia
    Baka and Test
    Campione!
    Code:Breaker
    Crime Edge
    Date A Live (And every harem ever)
    Infinite Stratos (^)
    Demon King (^)
    Ixion Saga DT
    Kono Naka
    Sora no Otoshimono
    Sword Art (wuts caractur develupment?)
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Arata Kangatari

All shows with limited to no character development, and I was being fairly lenient.

I think he's going to change for the sole reason that we've barely seen anything of him and the story is going to obviously end up focusing around their forced love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infinite Stratos (^)
    Bloody Ichika

15+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia
    Baka and Test
    Campione!
    Code:Breaker
    Crime Edge
    Date A Live (And every harem ever)
    Infinite Stratos (^)
    Demon King (^)
    Ixion Saga DT
    Kono Naka
    Sora no Otoshimono
    Sword Art (wuts caractur develupment?)
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Arata Kangatari

All shows with limited to no character development, and I was being fairly lenient.

I think he's going to change for the sole reason that we've barely seen anything of him and the story is going to obviously end up focusing around their forced love.
    And 99% of those those shows are terrible, and the MC being shit isn't the sole reason why they are like that. You could pick out 20 shows that have terrible MCs who happen to have brown hair and say that brown hair means that the MC is terrible, but that doesn't make it true. Having a MC that has a personality from the get-go is not a sign a MC is going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The whole reversal element became obvious the moment that she held him in her arms like a maiden and called him her princess lol. I find it entertaining though, and it's not exactly rare for the male MC to be a total beta anyway.
    He isn't a beta at all really if you read the manga you would understand. He is the way he is cause he is left in the unknown about wtf is happening. The next episode that comes out will explain everything the show is picking up just like the manga did.

10+ Year Old Account
    And 99% of those those shows are terrible, and the MC being shit isn't the sole reason why they are like that. You could pick out 20 shows that have terrible MCs who happen to have brown hair and say that brown hair means that the MC is terrible, but that doesn't make it true. Having a MC that has a personality from the get-go is not a sign a MC is going to be bad.
    What I meant when I said that is when someone comes with a strong personality to begin with they are generally going to keep that personality and not change.

When they start off with a weaker or no personality, they'll either grow or develop one.

Golden Time - That was terrifying. Holy shit. Talk about a damn cliffhanger despite it looking like it got resolved, yet it ended before they could stop the car. Will it go off a cliff and something terrible will happen?

What if the bad luck continues until everything ends and there's no way to stop it.
    o.o

- - - Updated - - -

Golden Time Ep 15 - Fuck ghost Banri. I'm so tired of his character and he's ruining this show. He's such a stupid addition to the show and it would so much better off without him. And it looks like something's about to go down next episode based off that preview, too.
    Looks like the only reason he was added to begin with was to give a reason for the bad luck. Which means SOMETHING has to come out of what just happened at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about? I've heard people saying that he is the reason there was so much traffic/it rained/they met at the wrong place, but that is completely stupid. He had nothing to do with that; it's not like he is some god or some shit, there is no way he could control that.
    Please. That's exactly why. This isn't real life, the reason they put in Ghost Banri was to cause all that bad luck.

Ghost Banri is the absolute WORST character and gives such a great show a really bad vibe to it. There's no reason to like him whatsoever. Ghost Banri confirmed absolute worst of all time forever and something would have happened at the end with or without him.

- - - Updated - - -

Stating that he didn't want it to go that far does not mean the bad luck was his doing. He wanted revenge on Banri, so even if he had no involvement in what happened that day, what he said is still relevant. It is just a general statement. I think it is a far stretch from a Ghost/part of Banri's mind to a being that can literally control the minds of other people to make it busy, and also possessing the ability to change the weather.

And even if he was, he obviously didn't want them to fall asleep. That could have happened even without his actions. Putting all the blame on him would be like blaming a kid for tripping another kid, then hours later the tripped kid falls off a cliff because his ankle was sprained as a result of the first kid's actions.

I'm still in the boat that Ghost Banri is in the right. His life was literally taken away from him. Anyone would be pissed. The show might have been better without him, but the fact that he exists will always be true, so I don't see the point in thinking about it.
    A curse is a curse. Ghost Banri put the curse of bad luck on them, and them falling asleep was part of that bad luck. Unless in a future episode they confirm that it wasn't him, it's confirmed him. There HAS to be a reason all of that happened, especially it raining like that despite being forecast sunny. There's absolutely no other reason to put him in other than that. If it isn't a curse then what's the point of having supernatural in the show to begin with? None. Of course he didn't want them to fall asleep, that's why he was screaming that he was sorry he went so far.

A better analogy is a kid being bullied over and over and then jumping off of a building because of it a few hours later from trauma. You can't compare a curse to what happened in the show. As I said, a curse is a curse. If bad shit happens it will continue to happen until the curse is removed.

Ghost Banri is gone and done. If I was in Banri's shoes (real Banri) I'd be pissed as fuck some scrub is messing with my life and if I ever got my memories back I'd realize what a shithole I was to begin with.

If I was Ghost Banri I'd realize my time was up and I'm a new person now with different memories. Pretty much a wholly new person and I myself am dead along with my memories and that's that. Ghost Banri is pretty much like an ex getting revenge on the guy who dumped him.

Deleted
    Holy spoiler tags

God, this thread just reeks of trollbait.

Ixion Saga DT

Hey, learning how to air fap is definitely meaningful character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Hey, learning how to air fap is definitely meaningful character development.
    Okay maybe you're right.

KLK subs out right when I was about to go to sleep with work in the morning.

I don't need you anyways sleep. ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    A curse is a curse. Ghost Banri put the curse of bad luck on them, and them falling asleep was part of that bad luck. Unless in a future episode they confirm that it wasn't him, it's confirmed him. There HAS to be a reason all of that happened, especially it raining like that despite being forecast sunny. There's absolutely no other reason to put him in other than that. If it isn't a curse then what's the point of having supernatural in the show to begin with? None. Of course he didn't want them to fall asleep, that's why he was screaming that he was sorry he went so far.

A better analogy is a kid being bullied over and over and then jumping off of a building because of it a few hours later from trauma. You can't compare a curse to what happened in the show. As I said, a curse is a curse. If bad shit happens it will continue to happen until the curse is removed.

Ghost Banri is gone and done. If I was in Banri's shoes (real Banri) I'd be pissed as fuck some scrub is messing with my life and if I ever got my memories back I'd realize what a shithole I was to begin with.

If I was Ghost Banri I'd realize my time was up and I'm a new person now with different memories. Pretty much a wholly new person and I myself am dead along with my memories and that's that. Ghost Banri is pretty much like an ex getting revenge on the guy who dumped him.
    There has been very little evidence actually pointing towards the fact that Ghost Banri is supernatural, so I'm not sure why you seem to believe it is a fact. Even if he was, the point of him isn't even the curse... so again, not sure what you are even talking about. The 'curse' was only shown this episode, so are you saying he served zero purpose (objectively, not subjectively) until this episode?

And again, there is literally one or two lines dedicated to the idea that it was a curse. It isn't some fact. Chances are Ghost Banri just wished something bad would happen. It's not like he was intentionally casting some hocus pocus spell on them to make them have bad luck. It is like the idea that a child wishes their parent would die after he gets grounded, and the parent does die. The child would think it is his fault, even though his wish wasn't the reason it happened.

Your analogy is horrible (the ex one). Banri literally took his life away, this isn't some petty ex-revenge. Plus I seriously doubt you'd go 'well, someone else took my life away. guess i better just screw off, lol" if this happened to you.