10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Since when does UTW do Chuu2? Only thing that shows on my feedreader is SYD* and Chuu2renlite
    They do it under the name FTW. A joint between FFF and UTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    I know about it why you think I was making a reference about it earlier. It was funny and sad that he got arrested for it since they thought it was a fake reason why I said it was such a culture shock for America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    New Gatchaman Movie sequel announced. Not set in stone and S2 is a go since the ratings of the BDs did really well YAY!
    http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21562.html
    What CR said is that it'll be a Gatchaman Crowds movie, but that could be different form a Gatchaman movie sequel.

Having a Gatchaman Crowds movie too along with the already confirmed S2... my diq.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    They do it under the name FTW. A joint between FFF and UTW.
    shouldn't it still show up when I use the RSS feed from their HP?

What is the order to Monogatari series?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    shouldn't it still show up when I use the RSS feed from their HP?
    Yeah it should.

http://utw.me/?s=Chuunibyou&submit=Search

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    What is the order to Monogatari series?
    Bakemonogatari > Nisemonogatari > Nekomonogatari > Second Season

Deleted
    Yeah it should.

http://utw.me/?s=Chuunibyou&submit=Search

- - - Updated - - -

weird, it just didn't show up. I had to delete the feed and add it anew.

Anyways, my wednesday is ruined thanks to those CR fucks

Technically, Nekomonogatari is set before Bakemonogatari, but I agree that this is the best order to watch it in.

Commie seems like they're too liberal with their translations. I tend to avoid their subs if I can. And they don't seem to do a very good job with their BD encodes either. Their 1080p BD Pyscho Pass release for example looks like it has a thin layer of vaseline over the image lol. The contrast also seems off and the video just looks very dull. In comparison to AnimeNow's release, it looks awful. Too bad AnimeNow never released all of the episodes it seems.

In a perfect world it would all be FFF or UTW subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Commie seems like they're too liberal with their translations. I tend to avoid their subs if I can. In a perfect world it would all be FFF or UTW subs.
    The also like to make a fuckload of puns in any sentence that ends with ~nya/~nyan etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeap. There are things I can not imagine working well in writing alone, as a movie or static comic book - however, VN takes all those and mixes them up creating a medium capable like none other.

As for what I've read, I likely forgot a few titles but will try and remember. Got Ever17 downloaded, read Saya no Uta(long ago though), Tsukihime, started Kagetsu Tohya some time ago, Edelweiss and Kamidori(if you count it).
    You'll love Ever17. The twists and creative use of the VN medium are on a level no other story I've experienced has managed to reach. Muv-Luv had more of a focus on the battles, drama and downright tragic situations, where Ever17 is all about making you shit bricks when you finally start figuring things out. The first 4 routes start to drag a bit, but it's all worth it for the true route (and the whole thing is probably shorter than Alternative). Probably not worth comparing them since they're so different, but the overall quality is definitely similar.

How was Edelweiss and Kamidori? I've read that Edelweiss has a bit more substance than the cover and summary let on, and Kamidori is kinda interesting to me with the RPG elements (I enjoyed Utawarerumono a good amount, although the RPG stuff in that was rather subpar).

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    The also like to make a fuckload of puns in any sentence that ends with ~nya/~nyan etc...
    Puns are great though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Puns are great though
    The 19th cat joke in Nekomonogatari was when it started to get old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    The 19th cat joke in Nekomonogatari was when it started to get old.
    But it's an actual translation. If you listen you hear her lisping and putting nyaa a lot.

But it's an actual translation. If you listen you hear her lisping and putting nyaa a lot.
    At least for me, I DO pay good attention to all of the dialogue even if I can't understand all of it yet, so when the cat noises that I know she's making are in the subtitles as well it just slows down my reading and makes it slightly more difficult to follow everything.

For people who don't pick up on those nuances yet, it makes sense. I think the majority of us probably pick up on the cat thing without all the purrs and whatnot in the subtitles, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    You'll love Ever17. The twists and creative use of the VN medium are on a level no other story I've experienced has managed to reach. Muv-Luv had more of a focus on the battles, drama and downright tragic situations, where Ever17 is all about making you shit bricks when you finally start figuring things out. The first 4 routes start to drag a bit, but it's all worth it for the true route (and the whole thing is probably shorter than Alternative). Probably not worth comparing them since they're so different, but the overall quality is definitely similar.
    Is there anything else you'd recommend? A friend of mine threw Devil on a G-String my way, got it on my list, but other than that and Ever17 I've nothing planned in the VN department for when I find time to get reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    How was Edelweiss and Kamidori? I've read that Edelweiss has a bit more substance than the cover and summary let on, and Kamidori is kinda interesting to me with the RPG elements (I enjoyed Utawarerumono a good amount, although the RPG stuff in that was rather subpar).
    First, take my opinions with a grain of salt - more than a year passed since i played/read either of them.

Kamidori is WAY too grindy as a tactical JRPG for my taste and has nothing spectacular to offer as far as the story goes. It's not a waste of time, but nothing memorable either. Edelweiss ended up surprisingly interesting. Starts as a very good comedy, but a few twists here and there create a truly involving story.

Is there anything else you'd recommend? A friend of mine threw Devil on a G-String my way, got it on my list, but other than that and Ever17 I've nothing planned in the VN department for when I find time to get reading.
    G-Senjou no Maou (The Devil on G-String) is one I'd recommend as well, it resembles Death Note in a way, but way better (cat and mouse game with incredibly involved over the top plans). If you like that, Sharin no Kuni is from the same developer and has some similarities, the best part being an absolutely fantastic MC. (Perhaps the one thing that was somewhat weak in Muv-Luv)

Guessing you've seen the Steins;Gate series, but if you haven't, the VN is way way better and has an official release coming soon. It's absurdly good.

Kara no Shoujo if you like dark, gruesome detective stories. Has a generic eroge traits, but the core mystery and the massive number of interesting characters makes solving and connecting everything a blast.

Kikokugai if you like Urobutcher Gen. This one's crazy short.

Grisaia no Kajitsu for a more typical galge that's just very well written and surprisingly tragic in a couple of the routes, another fantastic MC here.

And the weirdest I've read has to be Sekien no Inganock, which almost feels like an anime series in VN form with a very unique writing and art style. Lots of steampunk influences and a story that you have to puzzle out quite a bit, even after finishing it.

All of those are significantly different from each other, but are the majority of my favorites so far.

First, take my opinions with a grain of salt - more than a year passed since i played/read either of them.

Kamidori is WAY too grindy as a tactical JRPG for my taste and has nothing spectacular to offer as far as the story goes. It's not a waste of time, but nothing memorable either. Edelweiss ended up surprisingly interesting. Starts as a very good comedy, but a few twists here and there create a truly involving story.
    I'll probably pass on Kamidori, then, but I get the feeling I'll read Edelweiss eventually. My next one definitely has to have a lighter story, I don't think I can take anything too dark or tragic right now. O.o
    Last edited by Brincamian; 2014-01-29 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Okay, so, I started watching Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke and I'm 3 episodes in already. I've only noticed now that there's just a Zettai Karen Children, which was made first.

Does it really matter if I watch The Unlimited first over the Zettai Karen Children or should I leave Unlimited for later?

I haven't seen either, but I think as a general rule it's a good idea to always watch the first season first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I haven't seen either, but I think as a general rule it's a good idea to always watch the first season first.
    I know but I noticed too late. I'm just wondering if it's okay to keep going since it's a spin-off story.