Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It's pretty old news actually. And I just hope it can even partially live up to the original myself.
    My fear is that they just won't produce another character like Lelouch. The show was good for several reasons, but for me it was Lelouch himself that made it happen. Arrogant yet insecure, brotherly yet brutal, strategically brilliant yet still impulsive enough to ruin his own schemes, he was just a great mixed character that I felt carried the series as a well-crafted anti-hero. Just putting "Code Geass" in the title isn't enough for me unless they show that there's more than just more Geass super powers out there.

Edit: I just checked out Spice and Wolf on Hulu and they only have 2 subbed episodes but 13 dubbed. Anybody know if the dub is any good or if I should just keep searching?
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-08 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Edit: I just checked out Spice and Wolf on Hulu and they only have 2 subbed episodes but 13 dubbed. Anybody know if the dub is any good or if I should just keep searching?
    I watched a few episodes on Demand, for whatever reason stopped, but the dub didn't seem all bad, then again I never saw the original or anything.

Don't you dare watch a dubbed version of Spice and Wolf. That's a crime against humanity right there. Subbed only or not at all.

Note: There's actually 2 seasons of the series. It's setup for a 3rd season as well. It's based on a light novel series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It's pretty old news actually. And I just hope it can even partially live up to the original myself.
    I thought I remember hearing about another series too awhile ago. Googling it I find information going back to early 2010 yet I can't find a whole lot of details : (

I thought this had the best info I could find but who knows how accurate it is and what it might be like at this time? There had to be some delays or something going on. No news on it being canceled though so we can cross our fingers.
    http://www.figure.fm/post/en/10253/C...new+anime.html

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiru View Post
    School days man that had to be the most messed up anime i even watched.
    OMG I was about to use the pic you have as your avatar as my avatar! Pretty awesome pic!

I really want to get this figure of her. I <3 Shana

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/5..._8_max_factory

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Note: There's actually 2 seasons of the series. It's setup for a 3rd season as well. It's based on a light novel series.
    Theres going to be a third im excited!! O and ya no dubbing spice and wolf!

the 1st anime i saw Tekkaman Blade and god DAMN the opening songs are FAULKING AWESOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CHoD9TtS3g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKmce...eature=related
    i read that the voice actor scream was so epic that it broke the mic... TWICE
    i was really surprise that the voice actor also voice Ichigo Dad from Bleach
    also the same VA from the vid i posted months ago lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OcwkRpuHuA
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-09 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    has anyone been watching the new deadman wonderland anime? its pretty F* awsome so far...

manga is awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by kolopotho View Post
    has anyone been watching the new deadman wonderland anime? its pretty F* awsome so far...

manga is awesome too
    Yeah, it's one of the few decent series for this Spring Season. I'll be honest, I was more excited about the Winter Season than the Spring season this year. I'm hoping the summer season is better.

http://yvoonmanga.files.wordpress.co...1-anime-v4.jpg

So far I'm going to watch Appleseed XIII, NO.6, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, and Yuruyuri. Also can't wait for Sora no Otoshimono: Tokei-jikake no Angeloid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    the 1st anime i saw Tekkaman Blade and god DAMN the opening songs are FAULKING AWESOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CHoD9TtS3g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKmce...eature=related
    i read that the voice actor scream was so epic that it broke the mic... TWICE
    i was really surprise that the voice actor also voice Ichigo Dad from Bleach
    also the same VA from the vid i posted months ago lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OcwkRpuHuA
    OP2 is even better IMO. Oh and the whole series is kickass have it on DVD. Also check put missing link(the special) it fills in some of the blanks of what happened between Tekkaman Blade and Blade 2. Andan did Aki become messed up for a bit(screwing blades unconscious body screaming about what kinda hero is he I'd he can't please her sir one) also look for the damn can't remember it's name but it's another special with redone armor where it's more insectoid OH RIGHT twin blood is it's name. But yeah check those out.

EDIT o and i just saw the vid(won;t display on i phone for some reason) it is actually called Tekkaman Blaster and it is required to use the Super Voltekka it is overall an upgraded form of Blade and is responsible for his brain damage at the end of the series.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 06:31 AM ----------

Oh and if you want a badass moment for blade check out the final fight the music and fight are awesome as hell.

Oh and THIS is the twin blood special. It's a reimagining of the first fight between Blade and Evil. With what IMO are FAR cooler designs for their Tekkaman forms.

Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-06-09 at 06:25 AM.

Just wanted to thank people for the Spice and Wolf recommendation; enjoyed the first few episodes so far. It's exactly what I was looking for. I finished Madoka Magika recently as well as a somewhat morose book and the only anime I had next on the list was Gunslinger Girl which my friend gave me. After watching an episode of that I decided I definitely needed a break from people experiencing violent deaths and tragic stories.

...and if Spice and Wolf gets all dark I'm gonna be mad. :P

to love ru doesnt get dark and tragic...you should watch that =D

i was like 4 or 5 years old when i saw a ep of Tekkaman Blade and years later thanks to Super Robot Wars J i imminently recognize Blade
    and ive seen the special episodes and i MO FACKING love the 2nd one

and yeah Masquerade sounds kick ass

and heres SRW J and W ver of Masquerade
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiHfE...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyoRj...eature=related

EDIT: oh yeah and the new gundam anime is called Gundam Age http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...m-age-new.html

im gonna say meh buuuut at least it dont have the bishounen crap again
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-09 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiru View Post
    School days man that had to be the most messed up anime i even watched.
    Messed up is definitely an understatement for that piece of crap. I watched like the first 5 episodes then skipped the ending because ALL of the characters pissed me off. Though I will admit that despite the silliness of the ending, it was kind of nice to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    to love ru doesnt get dark and tragic...you should watch that =D
    Well, just finished the first season of Spice and Wolf (being at home with a hacking cough and nothing to do results in a series disappearing in an afternoon). It was about perfect for my mood at the moment, I look forward to the second season. And I do have to concur, Horo's fun. Could never 100% predict what she was going to do, which made her fun to watch; although Lawrence finally got the best of her at least once in that last episode by calling the name during the bell tolling.

yap the attitude on horo makes her delightful to watch and all the economics going around its a nice twist for the drama genre as i told you its on my top list

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    yap the attitude on horo makes her delightful to watch and all the economics going around its a nice twist for the drama genre as i told you its on my top list
    What gave me a chuckle was I was watching the series and I kept thinking to myself, "Lawrence and Horo sound so familiar." Near the end when he's in dire straights I was going nuts, knowing I recognized the voice so I looked them up. Lawrence's Japanese voice actor is the same as Lelouch's and Horo is Kallen, which would explain the familiarity.

(Jun is also incidentally the younger brother in Ao no Exorcist, which I happen to be watching on the side as well. Although his list of series is pretty impressive on Wikipedia.)
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-10 at 04:21 PM.

daaaamn the peep in the anime site i go is not liking the new Gundam anime Gundam Age

And with the cough continuing, second season of Spice and Wolf finished. Sort of an odd change from the first one.

The first felt a lot more carefree and rambling, with arcs that usually only spanned 2-3 episodes. Second season just broke down into two 6-episode arcs involving the two cities they visited. Also the weird thing was Horo could have practically been a normal human girl in the second season. In the first she transforms, howls, shows total indifference to nudity, and even has her secret broached to several people. In the second about the only hint she isn't human (aside from the obvious physical differences) is that she refers to having kids as "mating" and seems much more laid back about it than most human girls would be. But other than that, she functions almost identically to just being human. Also a definite shift away from some of the mercantile aspects to romantic ones (like he didn't care about the pyrite profit; he cared about getting Horo back).

All in all, I kind of lean toward the first season more than the second. Either way though, for being a non-furry I have to admit Horo is one of the more adorable female anime characters I've seen. She was refreshing because she wasn't a caricature of anything; she was just kind of...herself in a way that few characters are.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-11 at 04:20 PM.

all hail Holo!
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-11 at 06:33 PM.

Well when I said adorable I meant character-wise as much (if not more) than her physicality, although her face and ears were wonderfully expressive of her mood. I don't dare do an image search for her as she seems like one of the biggest anime pinups ever, which I find strange because despite her nudity I didn't get the "fan service" vibe at all. When she was naked it made sense, and they treated the "camera" angles of her as normally as any other character.

I guess it actually sorta saddens me in the same way Samus Aran has been totally ruined by bad fan art rather than pictures that capture her personality. I mean, imagine Horo from the series and then imagine her being asked to pose like she does in those pictures; she'd act mock-flattered, look a little seductive...then slap you upside the head with a sarcastic comment and tell you what an idiot male you are.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-06-11 at 09:55 PM.