10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    She's trying hard to catch up to the "I'm so ditzy I walk in on the MC naked and don't feel shame. I'm also brown-skinned." appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I really want to experience the NEET life. Up until now my life has only been school and work. Probably after I'm done with college just take a year off and bee the NEET.
    Well, the upside is that it's relaxing, and you can do what you want, whenever you want.

The downside is, if your friends are all attending school/work while you're awake, you might feel a bit lonely, but that's just my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Well, the upside is that it's relaxing, and you can do what you want, whenever you want.

The downside is, if your friends are all attending school/work while you're awake, you might feel a bit lonely, but that's just my experience.
    I haven't really experienced it yet myself, straight from high school to university, then not even a month between university and my first job (which I am still at 3 years later). I have friends from high school who certainly embrace the NEET life though.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 episodes remain on gintama's first......"season"

10+ Year Old Account

That's the main issue with having work. I have this thing where I feel like I don't have time to do anything, even when I do. I'm always like "I want to do this, but I only have 4 hours left in the day and work tomorrow morning", so instead I'll just end up doing nothing but browsing the internet and watching an episode of anime here and there. It's more of an "If I do this my free time will go too fast and before I know it I'm asleep and then at work the next day".

When I have 2-3 days off I don't feel that until I'm on my last day.

I already am in the other situation though. My average work days are Thursday-Sunday and have Monday-Wednesday off (though most of the time they still end up scheduling me for most of those days too, but my longest shifts are on the weekend). Then everyone I know is going to school, and when they can hang out I'm at work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I haven't really experienced it yet myself, straight from high school to university, then not even a month between university and my first job (which I am still at 3 years later). I have friends from high school who certainly embrace the NEET life though.
    I wanted to experience the NEET life between HS and college, by taking a year off. I ended up taking the year off but within a month of being off school it got into the daily (literally) routine of my Dad asking when I was going to get a job. Ended up getting a job just after a month of getting out of HS, same one I'm in now.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the main issue with having work. I have this thing where I feel like I don't have time to do anything, even when I do. I'm always like "I want to do this, but I only have 4 hours left in the day and work tomorrow morning", so instead I'll just end up doing nothing but browsing the internet and watching an episode of anime here and there. It's more of an "If I do this my free time will go too fast and before I know it I'm asleep and then at work the next day".
    Oh wow, I know this feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like for instance, right now it's 8:41PM and I have work at 8 in the morning, but I still have like 3 hours before I'm going to head to bed and some anime to watch, but I have that feeling like I don't have time to watch the anime just because I 'need' (keyword) to go to sleep in a few hours, even though I do have time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    And the worst thing is once you're about to go to sleep and you're turning off your computer you look at the time and hate yourself for wasting all that precious time that could have been used doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so I've been reading the Index LN's and holy fuck they're amazing.

Like, I'm reading LN 15 now, and I have to rewatch Railgun after this. I've realized that you can't actually fully appreciate parts of Railgun until you've read LN 15. I kind of feel saddened that I watched Railgun first actually.

Holy shit though are the books pretty sadistic. Like Akame ga Kill levels of sadistic. You get to the dark side of Academy City and all you want to do is cringe. It's kind of hard keeping track of all the characters though, some of the names are so hard to remember. There's already so much death and destruction and I've heard I'm not even at the worst part. It almost feels like the first 12 LNs (that the first two seasons adapted) were tame compared to later on. Though the end of LN 12 is where things start getting real.

Hamazura Shiage is probably my favorite male character though. Touma is a bit too White Knight (at least in the earlier arcs).
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2014-04-29 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That feeling for the rest of your working life if you never reach an independent state like Yami!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, finished Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku.

Like I said in my previous recommendation, it's absolutely amazing. The writing in is fucking fantastic. It really portrays war in a much more realistic perspective than other anime, and I'd actually consider it one of the best anime I've seen.

Again, the MC is sorta dumb, and although his character is probably the most "unrealistic" part of the entire thing, but I think he and his perspective on life is what makes the show even more amazing. You just need to see him as more of an ideology than an actual character. Just putting that out there in case anyone actually ends up watching it and starts to be off-put by him, because he becomes more bearable as the show progresses.

But yeah, heavily recommend it.

Well, finished Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku.

Like I said in my previous recommendation, it's absolutely amazing. The writing in is fucking fantastic. It really portrays war in a much more realistic perspective than other anime, and I'd actually consider it one of the best anime I've seen.

Again, the MC is sorta dumb, and although his character is probably the most "unrealistic" part of the entire thing, but I think he and his perspective on life is what makes the show even more amazing. You just need to see him as more of an ideology than an actual character. Just putting that out there in case anyone actually ends up watching it and starts to be off-put by him, because he becomes more bearable as the show progresses.

But yeah, heavily recommend it.
    I previously considered watching but never did. Might have to give it a try now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems within a couple months there will be enough material for a 3rd season of Railgun without the need for anime original arcs. They'd be able to have an arc dedicated to the Liberal Arts arc and the Daihasei Festival Arc (Railgun).

Though we'll probably end up getting Index S3 first, and I hope they don't skip or speed through a bunch of arcs to get to the really big stuff and instead hold that off for a 4th season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so I've been reading the Index LN's and holy fuck they're amazing.

Like, I'm reading LN 15 now, and I have to rewatch Railgun after this. I've realized that you can't actually fully appreciate parts of Railgun until you've read LN 15. I kind of feel saddened that I watched Railgun first actually.
    I'm guessing you are referring to ITEM. I didn't realize there was a connection between them and the GROUP Accelerator joined at the end of the Index 2 anime until I read the LNs.

-snip-
    Yeah, the "I have so much I want to do, I end up doing nothing at all"-thing is something I'm pretty familiar with.

I have a boatload of games and anime I wanna go through, but I often have issues choosing exactly what. It happens a lot that I end up browsing the net and chatting with people online.

If I play games, I often feel like I can't give my full attention to people, or take part in conversations, and I'm worried people are gonna think I'm rude, not to mention they're probably only going to be available for some time each day, if that. I also constantly worry that I'm gonna end up talking to people too much and annoy them so much, they won't bother with me anymore.

My biggest fear with me being NEET and having social issues, is that people online are just not gonna stick around anymore, and I can't meet those online people irl because they live elsewhere, so I'm gonna end up being alone.

Sorry, I probably ended up going a bit off-topic there, but yeah. Being a NEET is nice and all, but just make sure you're connected to people still. I can't say much from a worker's perspective since I never really worked much.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Heh, hope you enjoyed it. Second season is cool too. Third and last out currently isn't anything special though.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2014-04-29 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm guessing you are referring to ITEM. I didn't realize there was a connection between them and the GROUP Accelerator joined at the end of the Index 2 anime until I read the LNs.
    Yeah, it'll make me appreciate ITEM so much more now having read LN 15. The entire 5 group thing is so cool to begin with.

By the time I've caught up to all the LNs I'll have to do a complete rewatch of all the anime, re-read the Railgun manga, and read every wiki page on the wiki to fully understand everything.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest fear with me being NEET and having social issues, is that people online are just not gonna stick around anymore, and I can't meet those online people irl because they live elsewhere, so I'm gonna end up being alone.

Sorry, I probably ended up going a bit off-topic there, but yeah. Being a NEET is nice and all, but just make sure you're connected to people still. I can't say much from a worker's perspective since I never really worked much.
    It's cool doing meet-ups once you know them well enough. I roomed with a friend for Blizzcon for two years in a row that I had met in WoW.

Even doing a road-trip and wedding later in the summer with some more online friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, even SCHOOL plays a major role in the current Railgun arc in the manga. All these characters I slightly ignored and forgot about in the manga are now major characters in the LN and it's really strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    More on Index -

The more I read the more I absolutely love Aleister. He's badass in a whole new light. (Index LN spoilers) It feels like he knows that what he's doing will succeed. He knows it as fact, and by damn is he doing a great job at making it succeed. He has the power to do pretty much whatever he wants and no one can stop him. Completely burn a city to the ground? Easy. Spy on every single persons smallest movements in Academy City using microscopic floating robots? Done. Holy shit, this guy is beast. His plan is so great too, I want him to win.

Railgun Manga - Kinda feel bad for Mi-chan, but it's been so long between chapters what happened earlier is starting to fade away. I really need to re-read the story from the end of the Sisters arc. Mainly to see SCHOOL again in a new light. Gunha is freaking amazing though. Especially considering he's a Gemstone esper. His dress is so 10/10 cliche I can't help but love it with every fiber of my being.

The hell was with that dragon though coming out of Touma's arm after it had fallen off, and however the hell it got re-attached.

I also assume this happens after the Daihasesai arc in Index (at the airport in District 13 with the fireworks ending the plot) since they couldn't have been going at the same time. At least where Touma is concerned in the newer chapters.

So it seems that Index announcement that was hyped March 27th for an April 10th and everyone thought it would be a 3rd season of Index turned out to be the author of Index is going to start writing a new series, but no other information has been released on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    More on Index -

The more I read the more I absolutely love Aleister. He's badass in a whole new light. (Index LN spoilers) It feels like he knows that what he's doing will succeed. He knows it as fact, and by damn is he doing a great job at making it succeed. He has the power to do pretty much whatever he wants and no one can stop him. Completely burn a city to the ground? Easy. Spy on every single persons smallest movements in Academy City using microscopic floating robots? Done. Holy shit, this guy is beast. His plan is so great too, I want him to win.
    Once you eventually finish New Testament Vol 2, I want you to come back and re-read what you just typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    The whole show in it's entirety can be summed up by this one gif

Also danm it took y'all longer to find gifs of that then I expected. Belly Button Forte so strong

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you eventually finish New Testament Vol 2, I want you to come back and re-read what you just typed.
    Pls. Now I'm questioning my entire life's purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The whole show in it's entirety can be summed up by this one gif
    [IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/077beb3b27ec2bd33cf464d6acba7008/tumblr_mltmelb5D21qeweuno1_500.gif[/IMG]
    No Fourth Wall is best number of walls.